Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Do you ask other churches or ministries to

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Do you ask other churches or ministries to Ernie Long
help your church financially?

I received a mailing from a local church asking for donations for their church. It was to help pay utilities and the operation of their church. I have never heard of this church and in the mailing it didn't say anything about their church other than they needed money. It did seem to be a legitimate church and need.

In another thread, a few seem to be upset that a particular minister was always asking for money on his program. Is there any difference between a small church or ministry and a large church or ministry asking for money to stay open? Is this becoming the new norm for churches?
Acts Enthusiast
12/18/15 1:23 pm

Post c6thplayer1
1. If it were me I would not give anything. If they were lazy enough just to send you and whoever else a mailing instead of meeting you face to face then chances are they are not legit.

2. If they are a church and cannot make it financially then I would suggest they merge with a church that is financially sound.

These two things should be discussed with the one petitioning for money.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/18/15 3:49 pm

Post georgiapath
There are so many scams going on, It would be hard to know if it is legit. Acts-dicted
12/19/15 9:02 am

Post c6thplayer1
georgiapath wrote:
There are so many scams going on, It would be hard to know if it is legit.

I keep the attitude that they all are scams. I depend on the Holy Spirit to inform me if one is legit.
12/19/15 11:09 am

Post My question wasn't about this church or ministry Ernie Long
being legit or not.

My question is, "Would you or have you ever sent out requests to other churches or ministries asking for money to help support your church or ministry?"

My opinion is if the Lord lays it on someone to support a church or ministry that they are not part of, then they should obey the Lord.

This does not include missionaries who depend on people supporting them. I am only asking about establish churches and ministries.
Acts Enthusiast
12/20/15 6:26 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
As a pastor, I definitely would not feel comfortable sending out requests for financial support to other churches. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/20/15 9:59 am

Post Link
I wouldn't feel comfortable mailing out the letter. But in the Bible, we see a pattern of the saints in one city being called a 'church', so it does make sense to help out other people doing ministry locally, even if they aren't a part of your brand name. But if they live near by, they could at least get to know you first.
12/21/15 4:11 pm

Post Re: My question wasn't about this church or ministry c6thplayer1
Ernie Long wrote:
being legit or not.

My question is, "Would you or have you ever sent out requests to other churches or ministries asking for money to help support your church or ministry?"

Never have and Never will. If the finances we have wont support the ministries
we have then we downsize until the funds become available.
12/21/15 5:20 pm

Post good reason to be part of a larger organization wayne
It's always been my opinion that there is a reason the church is failing. Something is not right in that church if they are begging for money to stay open. Might be time for a leadership change, a congregation change or a teaching change.

The CoG has the 2nd mile giving. Let the leaders evaluate a church and decide if it needs assistance.

"If a church doesn't work neither shall it eat." From the Wayne version of the bible.
Acts Enthusiast
12/22/15 9:40 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic