Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Healing we do not praise God for

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Healing we do not praise God for doyle
My faith in God is not based on whether I receive a miracle or not, but I do believe in miracles. There is no miracle greater than what Jesus did for us on the Cross. Even so, Scripture says, "With God, all things are possible."

When I saw that as a teen, I went home and scratched out the word "impossible" in my dictionary. That was back when dictionaries were in book form. In later years, I used white-out to cover it.

So, yes, I believe God can turn things around which are thought to be impossible. However, there is a lot of healing taking place that seldom gets mentioned.

If someone cuts their finger, tiny healing blood cells come rushing through hundreds of miles of veins, to plug the hole up from the inside. Here at the hospital, on a daily basis I pray with a lot of people. Almost every one of them is in some depth of pain or trauma.

I always rejoice and praise God when I can see a miracle that takes place because of prayer. However, I am learning to also to give gracious thanks for the incredible healing that happens in the body. If a sinner cuts himself, that healing miracle takes places just as it does if a Christian is injured.

Oh yes, keep praying for miracles of healing and praising God for them, but also give Him praise for His wisdom and compassion that caused Him to place many automatic healing properties in the body. It's an old song but it still works for me:

"Got any rivers, you think are uncrossable?
Got any mountains you cannot tunnel through?
God specializes in things thought impossible,
And He can do what no other power can do."

Doyle
12/8/15 4:43 pm

Post Re: Healing we do not praise God for Old Time Country Preacher
doyle wrote:
If someone cuts their finger, tiny healing blood cells come rushing through hundreds of miles of veins, to plug the hole up from the inside.

Doyle, I absolutely agree that this is something one should praise God for. If this did not occur we would bleed to death. So yes, we should praise God.

Does this type of healing occur whether the person with the cut finger has faith or not?
Acts-pert Poster
12/8/15 6:03 pm

Post Link
I remember Oral Roberts talking about this, how doctors can't heal. Doctors can sew up the wound, but he can't make the body heal itself. I agree that we should give thanks to God for these natural kinds of healing.

The kids have prayed for us and for each other when one of us gets sick during family devotions. A week or so later, someone may be healed of a cold, and we give thanks for that. My wife has said, see, you prayed for God to heal him/her and she was healed.

There are a lot of things God does for us that don't seem that spectacular for us because they aren't out of the norm of the good things God does for us. God sends rain on the just and unjust alike. If He does it a lot and it's a regular, normal thing for us, we should still be thankful.
12/9/15 1:23 am

Post georgiapath
Good post Doyle. Acts-dicted
12/18/15 12:09 pm

Post JLarry
I am not a young man and I do well for my age. My Dad died when he was a year younger than I am now.

My older brother was 10 years younger than I am now when he died.

I have a small problem with my blood sugar and I have had a couple light heart attacks. No damage that I know of.

I am blessed and I give God Glory for the ability to get up every day and go to work.

God is good to me.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/18/15 12:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic