Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate
Browse by what's: hot | new | rising | top of the week

Christians Still Getting Sick And Dying

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Christians Still Getting Sick And Dying Bullseye77
Over more than forty years of ministry I have prayed for hundreds of sick folks. Some got healed. Those are the ones I like to talk about. But, on the other hand, there is the majority that did not get healed. I have struggled with this as I have preached faith and healing as part of what was purchased for us through Jesus. The struggle has intensified with incurable illness in my own body. What about all these people? Did they not have faith? Was their faith insufficient to bring about healing? And what about me? I have seen wonderful miracles that defied any human explanation. More than once I have seen a death sentence passed by a doctor reversed through prayer and faith in the name of Jesus. I have faith. Why am I not healed?

As I was driving the other day, the radio was playing Dr. Erwin Lutzer, pastor of Moody Church. A question from a listener, similar to my struggle, was answered by Dr. Lutzer. Without detracting from anything Christ has done, or anything He has purchased for us, Dr. Lutzer gave an answer that satisfied me. I have come to realize that Christ has conquered sin, sickness, death, hell and the grave. It's all a part of my inheritance. I have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit as the guarantee of the full inheritance. I just haven't received all of my inheritance in this life. But whether or not it comes in this life or not, it will come! I have His Spirit's guarantee.

I just thought I'd share that with someone who may be feeling discouraged today.
12/2/15 3:03 pm

Post bonnie knox
Hi Bullseye, I've wondered where you were since I hadn't seen you on Acts in a while. Thanks for sharing the encouragement.
I'm so sorry to hear that you are ill. I'll be praying for you.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/2/15 3:11 pm

Post Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Hi Bullseye, I've wondered where you were since I hadn't seen you on Acts in a while. Thanks for sharing the encouragement.
I'm so sorry to hear that you are ill. I'll be praying for you.

ME TOO my man, nice to see the name and read the post. Thumb Up Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/2/15 4:44 pm

Post Bullseye77
Thanks guys. I have been around. Taking life a day at the time. Of course that's how it comes, one day at a time.
I check in here once in a while to see what interesting topics have come up. Still preaching every chance I get.
12/2/15 6:00 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Thanks Bullseye.

We all share this question.

And there are many on here that try to reconcile it many different ways.

That was as good as any.

Thanks.
12/2/15 6:21 pm

Post Re: Christians Still Getting Sick And Dying Old Time Country Preacher
Bullseye77 wrote:
Dr. Lutzer gave an answer that satisfied me. "I have come to realize that Christ has conquered sin, sickness, death, hell and the grave. It's all a part of my inheritance. I have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit as the guarantee of the full inheritance. I just haven't received all of my inheritance in this life. But whether or not it comes in this life or not, it will come! I have His Spirit's guarantee."

Excellent!
Acts-pert Poster
12/2/15 8:34 pm

Post Re: Christians Still Getting Sick And Dying bradfreeman
Bullseye77 wrote:
Over more than forty years of ministry I have prayed for hundreds of sick folks. Some got healed. Those are the ones I like to talk about. But, on the other hand, there is the majority that did not get healed. I have struggled with this as I have preached faith and healing as part of what was purchased for us through Jesus. The struggle has intensified with incurable illness in my own body. What about all these people? Did they not have faith? Was their faith insufficient to bring about healing? And what about me? I have seen wonderful miracles that defied any human explanation. More than once I have seen a death sentence passed by a doctor reversed through prayer and faith in the name of Jesus. I have faith. Why am I not healed?

As I was driving the other day, the radio was playing Dr. Erwin Lutzer, pastor of Moody Church. A question from a listener, similar to my struggle, was answered by Dr. Lutzer. Without detracting from anything Christ has done, or anything He has purchased for us, Dr. Lutzer gave an answer that satisfied me. I have come to realize that Christ has conquered sin, sickness, death, hell and the grave. It's all a part of my inheritance. I have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit as the guarantee of the full inheritance. I just haven't received all of my inheritance in this life. But whether or not it comes in this life or not, it will come! I have His Spirit's guarantee.

I just thought I'd share that with someone who may be feeling discouraged today.

This is an important post and and excellent answer! We have receive the first-fruits of the Spirit - a new spirit (born of God). Our adoption as sons will be complete when we receive immortal human bodies in the resurrection. Until then, His Spirit is bearing the first-fruits of life in these mortal bodies...which will decay and die.

Rom 8:23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
12/3/15 6:43 am

Post Bullseye77
I must be clear here. My post was not a direct quote of Dr. Lutzer. It was the conclusion I reached after hearing him give his answer to a question that had been written in by a listener. It is basically what he said, but I couldn't quote him verbatim. I have enjoyed listening to him when I have been able to catch him on. My favorite radio ministers are Charles Swindoll, Ravi Zaccharias, David Jeremiah, and now, Edwin Lutzer.
12/8/15 3:06 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
It is truth! Acts-pert Poster
12/10/15 7:45 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Bullseye77 wrote:
My favorite radio ministers are Charles Swindoll, Ravi Zaccharias, David Jeremiah, and now, Edwin Lutzer.

Now wait a minute, B7, hey, thems my favorite radio fellers too. Ole Chuck is ma favorite radio preacher.
Acts-pert Poster
12/10/15 3:06 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic