Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Campbell's Gay Dad Ad (L)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Campbell's Gay Dad Ad (L) Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIQJlo8Hamg

What do you say to buying the generic brand of soup from now on?
11/24/15 3:51 am

Post Eddie Robbins
The real tragedy is feeding this kid something from a can. Acts-pert Poster
11/24/15 7:56 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Agreed Eddie.

I would love to boycott - but those things were full of so much sodium - I have already given them up years ago.
11/24/15 8:56 am

Post UncleJD
Advertising this does not sell soup, I hope the board and any investors feel the results of their idiocy soon. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/24/15 12:46 pm

Post Store Brand is cheaper anyway famousflavius
I like the Publix store brand better anyway. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
11/24/15 4:35 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Don't eat food from a can unless it's 100% natural and organic. Eat fresh foods! Acts-pert Poster
11/24/15 5:18 pm

Post Link
Campbell's soups aren't fancy unless they are the kind you don't need a can opener for. If I've tried those, they aren't memorable, and either for price or taste, I go with Progresso if I'm in a situation where I have to eat out of a can.

For quality, generic canned products are probably just as good.

But I agree it's good not to eat out of a can.

In the ad, the poor boy would have been confused if it were real life, "No, I am your father." That's a paraphrase from memory. One disagreed that the other was the father. Even the gays can't stick to their own agenda.

Maybe we should at least send a bunch of email to Campbell. There are only between 1 and 10% of the population who are gay. How much canned soup are they going to eat? But they can offend a lot of Christians.
11/24/15 5:22 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
There are only between 1 and 10% of the population who are gay. How much canned soup are they going to eat? But they can offend a lot of Christians.

Most (a slim majority of) people (in the US, where I assume this ad is running) are okay with gays and "gay marriage." Also, some Christians might not like a certain ad, but will still buy the product if they like the product.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/24/15 6:42 pm

Post c6thplayer1
you have got to be kidding , what is wrong with these people! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/24/15 7:22 pm

Post It's actually very nice... Aaron Scott
I am learning, slowly, that gay people--as well as drug addicts, alcoholics, smokers, adulterers, fornicators, etc.--can be quite decent folks in many ways. This doesn't mean that they are not sinning and on their way to hell. But it does say that, hey, people of all types still have real feelings...and need a real Jesus.

Not one person on earth is going to be "persuaded" to NOW become a homosexual because of this commercial. I would even go so far as to say this is not at all a celebration of homosexuality, but rather simply the acknowledgement that it is a fact of life...and that even homosexuals can love their children and try to make a life.

It's one thing to "celebrate" and "elevate" such a lifestyle. It is another thing, I believe, to simply and gently acknowledge that there is a real world that contains gays, lesbians, and other sinners, and that they, too, can love their children and families. What we know is that they also are in need of God's grace...just as we all are.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/24/15 8:16 pm

Post bonnie knox
If I had to guess, I'd say the person behind the ad wants to normalize it, which seems a little sick to me.
Ads, in general, aren't real world. They contain a disproportionate number of very attractive people and unrealistic circumstances.

Quote:
It's one thing to "celebrate" and "elevate" such a lifestyle. It is another thing, I believe, to simply and gently acknowledge that there is a real world that contains gays, lesbians, and other sinners, and that they, too, can love their children and families.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/24/15 8:24 pm

Post Re: It's actually very nice... Link
Aaron Scott wrote:

Not one person on earth is going to be "persuaded" to NOW become a homosexual because of this commercial. I would even go so far as to say this is not at all a celebration of homosexuality, but rather simply the acknowledgement that it is a fact of life...and that even homosexuals can love their children and try to make a life.

It's an example of a company jumping on the bandwagon of presenting homosexuality as normal.

What really bothers me about it is the brainwashing of the kids who watch it into thinking it's normal to have two homosexual dads. There are probably some boys raised without dads who might see that and it might appeal to them, and it might plant some wicked seed. There could be some kid out there who explores homosexuality later in life over some small thing like this, or at least it could be a contributing factor.
11/24/15 9:11 pm

Post Link
bonnie knox wrote:
If I had to guess, I'd say the person behind the ad wants to normalize it, which seems a little sick to me.
Ads, in general, aren't real world. They contain a disproportionate number of very attractive people and unrealistic circumstances.

Quote:
It's one thing to "celebrate" and "elevate" such a lifestyle. It is another thing, I believe, to simply and gently acknowledge that there is a real world that contains gays, lesbians, and other sinners, and that they, too, can love their children and families.

A relatively small minority of Christians who email Campbell and stop buying their products could hurt their sales enough to make an example of the company.
11/24/15 9:12 pm

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
A relatively small minority of Christians who email Campbell and stop buying their products could hurt their sales enough to make an example of the company.

--assuming all the affirmed homosexuals and their friends don't go out and buy an extra can.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/24/15 10:18 pm

Post Cojak
WE now buy 2 cans of soup a month. A Progresso New England Clam Chowder that my wife used in a super fish stew.
That said when I ate canned soup, Campbell soup was my favorite. We do not buy it and will not because it is not part of our diet.

Do I like the add? nah.

It will not be shown in the South EAst. If it were they would get a lot of protests.

It could hurt them. My protests are mostly political and letters to the editor.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/24/15 11:06 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Perfect example of hijacking a thread.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/25/15 6:46 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Gays are normal is the message.

When I grew up - psychologists thought it was perversion.

We're psychologists wrong then or now?
11/25/15 9:49 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Gays are normal is the message.

When I grew up - psychologists thought it was perversion.

We're psychologists wrong then or now?

I guess psychologists came to realize that sodium is more detrimental to culture/society/morality than sexual perversion.
Acts-pert Poster
11/25/15 10:46 am

Post Re: It's actually very nice... wayne
Aaron Scott wrote:
I am learning, slowly, that gay people--as well as drug addicts, alcoholics, smokers, adulterers, fornicators, etc.--can be quite decent folks in many ways. This doesn't mean that they are not sinning and on their way to hell. But it does say that, hey, people of all types still have real feelings...and need a real Jesus.

It's one thing to "celebrate" and "elevate" such a lifestyle. It is another thing, I believe, to simply and gently acknowledge that there is a real world that contains gays, lesbians, and other sinners, and that they, too, can love their children and families. What we know is that they also are in need of God's grace...just as we all are.

Aaron,
I noticed you classified this life style with other sins...Does the bible differentiate this life style from other sins?
Acts Enthusiast
11/25/15 10:48 am

Post This is what is wrong with the church! 4golf
We are more worried about what they are putting in this Kid mouth than what they are putting in his head and heart! Praise God, lets not feed him anything in a can, but lets let him Bust hell wide open! To quote the famous words of Jed Clampett; Pittful, just pitiful! It is no wonder the church has no power and no more than a social club to most!
11/28/15 2:04 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic