Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

An "earned" degree means an "expensive" degree?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bishopinsc
Ms. Bonnie Pot: I don't recall claiming to be so educated. Did I? When?

Just wondering.

Bishop Kettle
11/23/15 12:27 am

Post bonnie knox
First of all, if you persist in calling me pot, I will not continue to respond to you. It doesn't make sense. I wondered that if you thought the thread was a waste of time why you bothered to respond to it. You seemed to suggest that I was in the same boat, but I pointed out that I had already at least had enough interest in Aaron's post to engage on the point of William Shakespeare being a mathematician.
Obviously, I've mistaken you for another poster who claimed advanced degrees. (I thought I remembered it being "Bishopinsc"; apparently I was mistaken.) I apologize. I don't know how I ever confused you with someone with advanced degrees.Razz

Bishopinsc wrote:

Just wondering.

Bishop Kettle
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/23/15 9:28 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher

Last edited by Old Time Country Preacher on 11/23/15 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
11/23/15 9:36 am

Post bonnie knox
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Miss Bonnie, have you talked to the Chief yet bout startin at school a ministry? I'm waitin to accredit it if ya do. If you call the ole timer by 4:00 PM on the day ya decide to open the school, I can have ya accredited by 5:00 PM that same day. Cool

No, Ole Timer, I haven't.
But this is a little bit exciting. I can't remember when someone has offered to go in with me on a con!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/23/15 11:49 am

.................. Acts-pert Poster
11/23/15 11:54 am

Post Bishopinsc
bonnie knox wrote:
First of all, if you persist in calling me pot, I will not continue to respond to you. It doesn't make sense. I wondered that if you thought the thread was a waste of time why you bothered to respond to it. You seemed to suggest that I was in the same boat, but I pointed out that I had already at least had enough interest in Aaron's post to engage on the point of William Shakespeare being a mathematician.
Obviously, I've mistaken you for another poster who claimed advanced degrees. (I thought I remembered it being "Bishopinsc"; apparently I was mistaken.) I apologize. I don't know how I ever confused you with someone with advanced degrees.Razz

Bishopinsc wrote:

Just wondering.

Bishop Kettle

Bonnie:

I fail to see how you came to the conclusion that I was uninterested in the post. The pearl/swine thing was referring to OTCP's efforts to educate Aaron about accreditation. Aaron is trampling that information and disregarding it.

I did not mean to offend you with the Ms. Pot.
11/23/15 4:59 pm

Bishopinsc wrote:

I did not mean to offend you with the Ms. Pot.

Miss Bonnie, is they somethin bout "Pot" you aint tellin us? Cause when the ole timer was a younger timer, hey, "Pot" didn't mean the cookin utensils. Laughing
Acts-pert Poster
11/23/15 5:04 pm

Post bonnie knox
Laughing No, I was pretty square. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/23/15 5:25 pm

Post Bishopinsc Aaron Scott
Do you not realize that OTCP's argument is circular? It runs like this:

Only accredited doctorates are valid.
Billy's doctorate is not from an accredited school.
Therefore, Billy's doctorate is not valid.

While the syllogism is internally consistent, the initial premise is not proven. At all.

Utility does not stand the test of being what makes a doctorate valid. After all, denying creation has far more utility in scientific circles than belief in creation. So utility cannot be the key measure of validity.

Further, academic ability does not do it for OTCP either. He has pretty much allowed that a genius with an unaccredited degree is somehow inferior to a moron with an accredited degree, refusing to call the former "doctor."

So if "utility" and "academic ability" are not valid for OTCP, then it seems that OTCP's decision is based (perhaps entirely) on his blind faith in the unproven initial premise: "Only accredited doctorates are valid."

A more reasonable position would allow him to be skeptical of unaccredited degrees, perhaps, but not outright dismissive. To go so far as to say that many or most unaccredited doctorates are suspect is still better than blanket dismissal...and the much worse issue of questioning the character and intelligence of recipients of such doctorates.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/23/15 6:37 pm

Post Cojak
The wisest man I ever knew was my dad. With a formal 3rd Grade education he studied the Word. He felt called to preach. My mama had a 7th grade education (that was probably equal to 12 grades in 1912) and assisted him. After a few years he was ordained in the Fire Baptized. Then later in the COG. He was thrilled when the NC COG offered the 6 week Bible school and devoured every class he could.

I will never forget his statement about an educated man, "Son an educated man will never have to tell you, you will know it."
II do realize this is about Degrees, not education. If you are in the business of hiring people today, you had better never go by just the letters behind their name, accredited or not.

As I am reading all this I think this is much adieu about nothing. BishopSC says, Pearls are being CAST, but I read and KNOW exactly what Aaron is saying. There are pearls of wisdom there, that you and OTCP should know, but stick to your guns and do a lot of tap dancing. The accreditation nor the school produces the education, the man does. WE have men who lead and want to lead who have degrees from Harvard, Yale, who are educated past common sense. Meaning they are not SMART.

A man needs to be judged by his performance, not his degrees not where they came from. Idea
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/23/15 10:31 pm

Post Cojak
I'm back sorry, But the big problem really seems to be people who claim to have what they don't have.

If they are fake, life will prove it. If not it will probably not effect a one of us. But if the guy is honest as the day is long, it could hurt him to the soul. is it worth it? Not on your life. Embarassed
11/23/15 10:36 pm

Post No more calls, we have a winner! Bishopinsc
Cojak, you have hit the nail on the head! Representing a nonaccredited degree as if it were accredited is problematic. Calling a school accredited when it has Fly by Night Accreditation Commission is problematic.
11/24/15 11:37 am

Post Re: No more calls, we have a winner! Cojak
Bishopinsc wrote:
Cojak, you have hit the nail on the head! Representing a nonaccredited degree as if it were accredited is problematic. Calling a school accredited when it has Fly by Night Accreditation Commission is problematic.

That is what no education will do for you, I didn't know I said that?

I knowed I shoulda stayed in the preaching business!, then I'd knowed I said that!
11/24/15 8:47 pm

Post Re: No more calls, we have a winner! bonnie knox
Cojak, I didn't think you said that either. However, I was just a little unclear on what the "it" was that could cut to the core of the honest guy.

Cojak wrote:
Bishopinsc wrote:

That is what no education will do for you, I didn't know I said that?

I knowed I shoulda stayed in the preaching business!, then I'd knowed I said that!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/24/15 10:09 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic