Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Lakeland: The Movie (Todd Bentley & the Florida Outpouring) (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Lakeland: The Movie (Todd Bentley & the Florida Outpouring) (L) Old Time Country Preacher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDEsXVUQeLo Acts-pert Poster
11/14/15 9:28 pm

Post I watched it Mark Ledbetter
and I am sad.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
11/15/15 10:23 pm

Post Re: I watched it Old Time Country Preacher
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
and I am sad.

What specifics make ya sad, Mark?
Acts-pert Poster
11/16/15 10:10 am

Post It made me sad because... Mark Ledbetter
something seemed amiss.

However, I've tried to filter my feelings and thoughts to make sure they are not simply influenced by my biases (which do not include allowing God to work outside a neat framework in which we often try to place God).

I noticed the individuals the documentary seemed to feature where not "mainstream" but fringe people - the disenfranchised, the sub-culture, the young.

I wanted to be glad they were being reached but I was unsettled by the attention and attraction Bentley received - but then again, isn't this usually par for the course. This has always been the death of revival regardless what era we examine.

I had trouble with "bam-bam" and the general migration away from the central feature of Scripture and the Proclamation of the Gospel as the event turned into a "healing" event and eventually entertainment.

I received a "check" when they suddenly decided to take the "show on the road." It didn't seem natural and the motivation seemed to be based upon individual decision rather than direction from the Spirit. It appeared as if they were running from something - something happened.

The young man who couldn't talk without some jerk and strange sound as he talked. The young lady who kept laying hands on others. It just didn't seem right.

I am sure my observations are subjective and I over no Scriptural refutation of what I witnessed, but for someone who has seen the power and manifestation of the Spirit in almost indescribable manner, it just didn't seem right (yes, same thing I wrote above) - it just didn't seem right.

I guess I just didn't "feel" Jesus was honored and God truly exalted. It boiled down to a humanistic display where the feature was man and his needs that could be remedied with a "bam-bam" and blowing and the frenzy that followed.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
11/16/15 10:20 pm

Post Re: It made me sad because... Old Time Country Preacher
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
something seemed amiss.

However, I've tried to filter my feelings and thoughts to make sure they are not simply influenced by my biases (which do not include allowing God to work outside a neat framework in which we often try to place God).

I noticed the individuals the documentary seemed to feature where not "mainstream" but fringe people - the disenfranchised, the sub-culture, the young.

I wanted to be glad they were being reached but I was unsettled by the attention and attraction Bentley received - but then again, isn't this usually par for the course. This has always been the death of revival regardless what era we examine.

I had trouble with "bam-bam" and the general migration away from the central feature of Scripture and the Proclamation of the Gospel as the event turned into a "healing" event and eventually entertainment.

I received a "check" when they suddenly decided to take the "show on the road." It didn't seem natural and the motivation seemed to be based upon individual decision rather than direction from the Spirit. It appeared as if they were running from something - something happened.

The young man who couldn't talk without some jerk and strange sound as he talked. The young lady who kept laying hands on others. It just didn't seem right.

I am sure my observations are subjective and I over no Scriptural refutation of what I witnessed, but for someone who has seen the power and manifestation of the Spirit in almost indescribable manner, it just didn't seem right (yes, same thing I wrote above) - it just didn't seem right.

I guess I just didn't "feel" Jesus was honored and God truly exalted. It boiled down to a humanistic display where the feature was man and his needs that could be remedied with a "bam-bam" and blowing and the frenzy that followed.

Thank ya, Mark, fer ya honest assessment. Hey, I agree with ever single word ya said. In the height of it all when it was playin on GodTube, I had preachers--with great excitement--tell me I just had to watch it. It was a genuine move of God, like the next Great Awakening since Wesley. This is the honest truth, I watched one "service" an experienced at same "check" you talkin bout. I didn't need to watch anymore.
Acts-pert Poster
11/16/15 10:33 pm

Post Thanks Mark Cojak
I agree strongly with your assessment. We parked the RV within 30 miles of the services several times and never felt the urge to attend. I love to see the youth all 'out for the Lord', my age gets in the way I am sure. I just hope there was some good came out of it. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/16/15 11:27 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I watched the whole thing. It's no wonder that some say this type of activity is demonic. I understand that thought. I won't say that it is, but understand why some would say it. I agree that it is sad. Acts-pert Poster
11/17/15 5:54 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I watched the whole thing. It's no wonder that some say this type of activity is demonic. I understand that thought. I won't say that it is, but understand why some would say it. I agree that it is sad.

Them folk in the video who moved there an was livin in them tents, hearin them interviewed an their view of Bentley, it honestly reminded me a little bit of Jim Jones. SOme a these folk thought Bentley was a prophet on par with Paul or John. Sad indeed.
Acts-pert Poster
11/17/15 10:27 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Sorry guys. I heard about the great revival in Lakeland...watched 5 minutes of this guy Bentley - and knew he was not legit.
Even said so in my Sunday School class the next week.
Then our pastor got up and told how great it was.
Needless to say only one of us was right.

Once again - a lot of sincere folks go there - but the deceit, chicanery, and lack of spirituality of the leaders doom it - and take many souls with them.

As is always the case, those folks that were grounded and went there - and were able to worship God with the great music - and sense of expectation - were probably blessed.

New converts were disillusioned. On the whole - I would not think God was pleased with the excess on display there.
11/17/15 5:59 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic