Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Bobby Bowden: "No matter how good you are in sports, you are not a winner if you are headed for hell.""

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bobby Bowden: "No matter how good you are in sports, you are not a winner if you are headed for hell."" doyle
Some friends and I attended the Wednesday night worship service at the Rock Springs United Methodist Church in the tiny community of Milner, GA (approximately 30 miles South of Atlanta airport).

About a thousand people had come out to hear the legendary college football Coach Bobby Bowden. Among them were many area coaches and their teams. Coach Bowden pulled no punches. He shared that, "No matter how good you are in sports, you're not a winner if you're headed for hell. Going to hell is the greatest loss ever especially when Jesus has made a way of escape."

Among those who came forward for prayer, were 10 of the visiting football players.

Doyle
11/12/15 8:37 pm

Post Cojak
I like that. Sounds like good advice and something for young folk headed for an Athletic career to pay attention to. Many times a person in this position will get the youths attention. Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/13/15 11:31 am

Post JLarry
Doyle your timing for posting this is perfect for me.

On my next TV Broadcast I plan to talk about eternity. Heaven or Hell.

I talked to you when I began this TV ministry and you advised me to do a talk type program. I have recorded a couple programs and the format was, me preaching from a church.

The next one will be a talk type format. I plan to interview a couple people whose lives were radically changed when they gave their life to Christ.

Now I have something powerful to open with.

I am a Ga. fan but I also like FSU, especially when Bowden was there.

I work less than an hour from Tallahassee and will be working closer the first of the year.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/13/15 1:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic