Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Trump crossed the line (L)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Trump crossed the line (L) Nature Boy Florida
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/13/trump-rips-ben-carson-backstory-in-marathon-iowa-speech/?intcmp=hpbt1

At the bottom of this article - Trump makes fun of Carson overcoming his anger issues by asking God to help him...and then indicating God changed him.

Trump said "It doesn't happen that way".

Trump is incorrect. If DOES happen that way - for many of us.

I am rethinking my support based on his utter lack of knowledge about how God works.
11/13/15 1:05 pm

Post diakoneo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2015/11/06/trump-pounces-on-carsons-west-point-lie/

The first one to pounce on Carson after the fabricated story by Politico was Trump.

Trump may be a political outsider, but he knows how to play the game. If he can destroy Carson, he can get the "political outsider" vote...he thinks.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/13/15 1:23 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
diakoneo wrote:
If he can destroy Carson, he can get the "political outsider" vote...he thinks.

Exactly... he thinks. In reality, we've reached Peak Trump. He'll hold onto his core group of supporters -- if they've managed to look past everything else, they'll figure out a way to look past this (although NBF demonstrates that this isn't true for all of his supporters). But this is the beginning of the end for Donald Trump's candidacy. He'll flame out once primary voting begins and that will be the end of it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/15 2:08 pm

Post John Jett
Dave Dorsey wrote:
diakoneo wrote:
If he can destroy Carson, he can get the "political outsider" vote...he thinks.

Exactly... he thinks. In reality, we've reached Peak Trump. He'll hold onto his core group of supporters -- if they've managed to look past everything else, they'll figure out a way to look past this (although NBF demonstrates that this isn't true for all of his supporters). But this is the beginning of the end for Donald Trump's candidacy. He'll flame out once primary voting begins and that will be the end of it.

I agree. I've had just about enough of him. He was pretty vicious toward several other candidates, but down right ugly about Carson. Its too bad, because I thought he could really pull this off with a lot of moderate and apolitical support, but not anymore. Sadly, I think that means Clinton wins in 2016. For now I'm leaning back to Ted Cruz as the one candidate that I admire just about everything he says and does.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
11/13/15 2:32 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I think both Cruz and Rubio can beat Hillary. I think even Carson could make it competitive (defined as losing by 10 points or less).

There aren't words strong enough to describe what an awful candidate she is. She's not pulling women younger than middle age, she's not pulling Millennials -- she's arguably a worse candidate than Dukakis or even Mondale. The DNC doesn't see that, and is alienating progressive voters further by shutting out other candidates and trying to crown her. She's not going to pull her core constituencies when it comes down to it. I'm not saying the race will be easy, because the GOP nominee will be fighting both the Clinton campaign and the media. But I think the race is winnable.

Cruz is my choice. I think he's a very principled conservative, and I think he has the ability to clearly and calmly explain those positions in a way that makes sense to average people, even in the face of his opponents screaming that he's an extremist or whatever else.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/13/15 3:55 pm

Post Cojak
Yeah, I have already heard from a supporter of Trump, the press is lying, he never called Carson a Child molester.

He didn't have to, he used it in the same sentence in comparison. There is not a lower layer of human than the child molester and Trump used that term. He really doesn't know what he used in comparing the two.

WHAT is pathetic is hearing thousands at a rally yelling "TRUMP TRUMP" I am sure he will still get the feelings of millions. He will not believe until he tanks in the polls or is shamed in a vote.

I do hope and pray that he cannot split the Conservatives any more than they are. Sad

WE who know, know that GOD has changed people from Vile to Good! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/13/15 4:51 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Cruz will rise and he can beat Hillary.
11/13/15 5:39 pm

Post diakoneo
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Cruz will rise and he can beat Hillary.

I hope you are correct. Of all of the candidates he is my favorite.
11/13/15 6:49 pm

Post Cojak
Yes he has crossed the line, but to read his camp's version, it is nothing like the press has blown it up to. (?)

I hope who ever rises out of this mess can beat Hillary. The /dems have put all their eggs in one basket, she CAN win if the conservatives blow it. Shocked

Tomorrow Trump will say I love CArson, he is a great guy! Embarassed
11/13/15 8:46 pm

Post Re: Trump crossed the line (L) c6thplayer1
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/13/trump-rips-ben-carson-backstory-in-marathon-iowa-speech/?intcmp=hpbt1

At the bottom of this article - Trump makes fun of Carson overcoming his anger issues by asking God to help him...and then indicating God changed him.

Trump said "It doesn't happen that way".

Trump is incorrect. If DOES happen that way - for many of us.

I am rethinking my support based on his utter lack of knowledge about how God works.

Thats just one thing he has no knowledge on however he is very knowledgeable bankruptcies and insults.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/13/15 11:23 pm

Post Link
Dave Dorsey wrote:
I think both Cruz and Rubio can beat Hillary. I think even Carson could make it competitive (defined as losing by 10 points or less).

There aren't words strong enough to describe what an awful candidate she is. She's not pulling women younger than middle age, she's not pulling Millennials -- she's arguably a worse candidate than Dukakis or even Mondale. The DNC doesn't see that, and is alienating progressive voters further by shutting out other candidates and trying to crown her. She's not going to pull her core constituencies when it comes down to it. I'm not saying the race will be easy, because the GOP nominee will be fighting both the Clinton campaign and the media. But I think the race is winnable.

Cruz is my choice. I think he's a very principled conservative, and I think he has the ability to clearly and calmly explain those positions in a way that makes sense to average people, even in the face of his opponents screaming that he's an extremist or whatever else.

I like Cruz, but he's my second pick after Huckabee. Unfortunately, whoever is answering the polls doesn't agree with me at all about Huckabee.

I think Huckabee is more likeable and less wooden than Cruz. It would be good to keep Cruz in the Senate so he can do some good there.
11/14/15 1:34 am

Post Cojak
I have thought for some time Trump would crash and burn, but I am amazed at the number of folk who still hang onto the fact he is not PC. I believe that has been his only card to play, and it has worked when I thought he had crossed the line. So again I agree with NBF he has crossed the line, I do hope it is for good and he slides off into the dark.

It has been my fear from the beginning that he would get upset at the GOP because they did not want to make him King, pull out and run as an independent. But I do believe in reading national comments he has lost a lot of followers, that diatribe and yelling was nasty and uncalled for. Sad
11/14/15 11:23 am

Post c6thplayer1
Cojak wrote:
I have thought for some time Trump would crash and burn, but I am amazed at the number of folk who still hang onto the fact he is not PC. I believe that has been his only card to play, and it has worked when I thought he had crossed the line. So again I agree with NBF he has crossed the line, I do hope it is for good and he slides off into the dark.

It has been my fear from the beginning that he would get upset at the GOP because they did not want to make him King, pull out and run as an independent. But I do believe in reading national comments he has lost a lot of followers, that diatribe and yelling was nasty and uncalled for. Sad

He's not beyond doing just that Cojak. His motto - "Self Exceeds Oaths "
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/14/15 8:05 pm

Post Trump is crass, but Trump is right on immigration UncleJD
after all of this immigrant/refugee mess, Trump is skyrocketing again. If the rest of the field had been clear and focused on that one message, then they wouldn't all be begging for the scraps now. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
11/14/15 8:49 pm

Post Re: Trump is crass, but Trump is right on immigration Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
after all of this immigrant/refugee mess, Trump is skyrocketing again. If the rest of the field had been clear and focused on that one message, then they wouldn't all be begging for the scraps now.

I agree.
I also think we might be jumping the gun here saying that Trump denies that God helps people overcome bad behavior. It seems he might simply be doubting one particular story...that of Carson.
11/15/15 11:37 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I will not vote for Trump even if he is the nominee of the GOP. Acts-pert Poster
11/15/15 7:37 pm

Post Eddie JimmieDavis
I hope you enjoy Hillary. You will get what you deserve. ANY GOP candidate would be better than Obama 2.0. People like you will be the problem in 2016. Hoping you will change your mind. Friendly Face
11/15/15 7:57 pm

Post Cojak
I still hope Trump doesn't split the party if he is shut down. But I will still vote for the most likely candidate to beat Hillary.

I made an honest mistake in supporting and voting for Perot, I will not do that again. BUT I truly hope we have a solid candidate.

On the refugees, I am assuming that most of the candidates will turn thumbs down on more influx. I hope Congress does.
11/15/15 8:25 pm

Post UncleJD
Cojak wrote:
I still hope Trump doesn't split the party if he is shut down. But I will still vote for the most likely candidate to beat Hillary.

I made an honest mistake in supporting and voting for Perot, I will not do that again. BUT I truly hope we have a solid candidate.

On the refugees, I am assuming that most of the candidates will turn thumbs down on more influx. I hope Congress does.

Congress will continue to do nothing just as well as they always do. Meanwhile the administration and the democrat candidates claim they would really, really, really screen each refugee really, really , really good. You know, using that large database that knows each and every third-world mulah and whatever they've done or said on their stone-tablets and animal-skins.

and Eddie, I do hope that's just the normal threat like I usually give when I don't like the GOP nominee (as in 3 out of the last 5 times)
11/15/15 8:44 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic