Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

We want longer terms. We want new leaders. A double edged sword?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post We want longer terms. We want new leaders. A double edged sword? caveator
I enjoy the plethora of ideas and thoughts on this site and others about our movement.

I find it interesting that it is mostly the same people who desire to lift term limitations, who also say that we need fresh leadership. I submit that the two ideas contradict one another.

The term limits that we have already extended (state overseers, youth directors, and etc.) has already created an aging leadership. Most of our state youth directors are grandparents who are in their fifties. This is because we have locked down the opportunity for younger ministers to enter into the leadership pool.

How are we supposed to have fresh leadership, if we continue to close the opportunities for fresh leadership to have the opportunities to serve?

If things go as expected, we will elect a relatively young General Overseer that is in his early fifties. However, he will be in his sixties by the time that his full terms would be completed.

Last edited by caveator on 9/17/15 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerater
9/16/15 4:02 pm

Post Re: We want longer terms. We want new leaders. A double edged sword? Cojak
caveator wrote:
I enjoy the plethora of ideas and thoughts on this site and others about our movement.

I find it interesting that it is mostly theme people that desire to lift term limitations who also say that we need fresh leadership. I submit that the term limits that we have already extended (state overseers, youth directors, and etc.) has already caused an aging leadership. Most of our state youth directors are grandparents who are in their fifties. This is because we have locked down the opportunity for younger ministers to enter into the leadership pool.

if things go as expected, we will possibly have a relatively young General Overseer who is in his early fifties. However, he will be in his sixties by the time that his full terms would be completed.

The complaints come from lack of CHANGE in ideas, not necessarily the length of time. YOu do have a point, no question there. But over all I think the younger ministers seem to want more 'EVANGELISTIC' areas covered by new plants and an open account of finances in our denomination.

I might say, I also hear (get the idea) that among the members who feel we are a little complacent and stagnant (overall), not everywhere. Sad Even members would like to see transparency in our finances. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/16/15 11:28 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic