Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Are they still making new country music?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Are they still making new country music? Link
I don't really listen to country music. I live in Hawaii, and about a week ago, I decided to go through the radio channels in the car. I landed on one station that said it was a country music station. But they just played upbeat rock'n'roll or pop music with a bit of a country twang and some occasional steal guitar thrown in, with a bunch of 'country' themes in the lyrics. It wasn't country music. It was what they used to call 'New Country.'

Back on the mainland, are there stations that play new songs that are genuinely in the 'Country' genre?
9/16/15 3:26 pm

Post Re: Are they still making new country music? c6thplayer1
Link wrote:
I don't really listen to country music. I live in Hawaii, and about a week ago, I decided to go through the radio channels in the car. I landed on one station that said it was a country music station. But they just played upbeat rock'n'roll or pop music with a bit of a country twang and some occasional steal guitar thrown in, with a bunch of 'country' themes in the lyrics. It wasn't country music. It was what they used to call 'New Country.'

Back on the mainland, are there stations that play new songs that are genuinely in the 'Country' genre?

there are plenty of country stations on the mainland. The best for old country is on SirusXM. Willies Roadhouse. The new country has been commercialized. I really dont care for it.

BTW it's a Steel Guitar not Steal guitar.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/16/15 4:36 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
I don't listen to it either, Link.

But, yea, "they" still makin it.
Acts-pert Poster
9/16/15 4:43 pm

Post John Jett
there are a FEW country bands that are still country, or at least good. I like Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert and Zac Brown Band and Rascal Flatts as far "new" as I get, but 90% of it I turn off pretty quickly.

On the traditional sounding side of things you have Kacey Musgraves (if you like 70s Loretta Lynn twangy hill-billy country, you might like her). And I think Brad Paisley is still country.

Of course Garth Brooks and Reba McEntire are making new music these days too

But when it comes to Florida Georgia Line mowhawk wearing punk-country, or 90% of the rest of it, I'm out. I was raised on Haggard, David Allen Coe, Waylon, Willie and of course Johnny Cash (when I wasn't sneaking around listening to rock-n-roll), so its hard to satisfy me. I've moved toward new-grass (Union Station, Wayling Jennies, Nickel Creek) these days (when I'm not listening to praise and worship of course)
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/16/15 7:21 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Try this station....

http://1017hankfm.com/
9/16/15 8:57 pm

Post c6thplayer1
John Jett wrote:
there are a FEW country bands that are still country, or at least good. I like Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert and Zac Brown Band and Rascal Flatts as far "new" as I get, but 90% of it I turn off pretty quickly.

On the traditional sounding side of things you have Kacey Musgraves (if you like 70s Loretta Lynn twangy hill-billy country, you might like her). And I think Brad Paisley is still country.

Of course Garth Brooks and Reba McEntire are making new music these days too

But when it comes to Florida Georgia Line mowhawk wearing punk-country, or 90% of the rest of it, I'm out. I was raised on Haggard, David Allen Coe, Waylon, Willie and of course Johnny Cash (when I wasn't sneaking around listening to rock-n-roll), so its hard to satisfy me. I've moved toward new-grass (Union Station, Wayling Jennies, Nickel Creek) these days (when I'm not listening to praise and worship of course)

Kacey is a great musician as the ratings of "Follow your Arrow" show but she is really more of a folk type singer. A good choice of newer country would be George Straight.

Thumb Up
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/16/15 9:25 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic