Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is the soul eternal?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is the soul eternal? Eddie Robbins
What scripture(s) would you use to answer this question? Acts-pert Poster
9/15/15 8:16 pm

Post Eternal to the extent of never ending. COGLite
Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Friendly Face
9/16/15 6:44 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Is there a difference between eternal and everlasting? Acts-pert Poster
9/16/15 8:38 am

Post John Jett
define soul, is it tied to the body, or the spirit ? We say the soul is the mind, will and emotion right? If that's the case then pets have souls, but no spirit. But since the "soul that sins shall die", is that indicating that only the redeemed "soul" is eternal?

Just throwing some arguments out there, I'm not saying what I personally believe (yet)
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/16/15 9:55 am

Post If it's eternal...is that eternal in both directions? Aaron Scott
That is, has your soul always existed...or did it come along only when you were born/conceived? Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/16/15 9:58 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Lots of questions about the soul. Matthew 10:28 is an interesting one. It is obvious here that the soul is not automatically eternal and is granted to you by God according to His will. It is also interesting that destroying the soul in hell is some sort of threat as opposed to allowing the soul to linger in torment. Just a thought. Acts-pert Poster
9/16/15 10:18 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Can anyone explain why someone who is burning forever and ever should fear the One who is able to destroy body and soul while they are in hell? If you were being tortured in hell, wouldn't you welcome God destroying your soul? Why is this a fear at that point? Anyone? Acts-pert Poster
9/17/15 6:59 am

Post John Jett
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Can anyone explain why someone who is burning forever and ever should fear the One who is able to destroy body and soul while they are in hell? If you were being tortured in hell, wouldn't you welcome God destroying your soul? Why is this a fear at that point? Anyone?

That warning was to the living "don't fear him who can kill the body" wouldn't mean anything to the dead either.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/17/15 10:47 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Right, obviously, He is speaking to the living. He says not to fear anyone who can kill you but, rather, fear Him who is able to destroy not only your body but your soul in hell. He is saying to fear God but my question, again, is...if I am being kept alive for the purpose of being tortured, why is it a warning that has the ability to destroy my soul? Wouldn't I welcome that relief? Acts-pert Poster
9/17/15 11:41 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic