Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Wife may lose job at school because of transgender student
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Never give in. Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
I have watched person after person in the media issue a "profound apology" about some insensitivity...only to be fired anyway.

I have found that some of these types of students can be more than a handful. Your wife could perhaps hit back that this one girl has now caused the school to lose TWO teachers, if she is allowed to keep it up. The girl is already a handful...and she will play "the card" every single time she is called for her behavior.

Also, let the school know that her principal's instructions do not trump her First Amendment rights. And that, further, nothing amiss was said. It is TRUE that this is a female. I may want to be called Your Majesty and Most High and Holy Potentate...but that doesn't mean anyone has to do it.

No one did any damage to this girl. Rather, a too-politically-correct administration fell all over itself trying to play games with medical truth.

Of course, ultimately you must follow the Spirit. But this is clearly devilish, and I predict that this girl will do much damage in the coming years--to herself and others--if she is not reined in.

This is good along with the teacher's union rep. Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/16/15 11:29 am

Post Re: Wife may lose job at school because of transgender student olosos
skinnybishop wrote:
olosos wrote:
Please be praying.....

My wife is an assistant teacher in a special Ed class that has students from 6th -8th grade. Before the year started her and the teacher (both new to this school) were informed that there would be a 8th grader transgender student in the class. It is a female who identifies herself as a "Boy".

They were told that she needed to be referred to as a "He"... Go tell "Him"... go get "His" books...etc.

The teacher quit at the end of the first week because of this student and another being hard to deal with. So for the next week and half my wife taught the class even though she doesn't have a degree....without a teacher there.

The other student got better but this child didn't. Last Monday she had to talk to this student in the hallway because she was disturbing the class...the student told my wife that she was getting on to her because of the way she was....my wife responded with..."I don't agree with your lifestyle but that has nothing to do with this"

That was Monday....on weds she was called in the office...the principal of course that she shouldn't have made the comment about not agreeing with the lifestyle...while talking the principle referred to the student as a "HE"...when my wife referred to her it was as a "she"...the principal told her that she was to refer to the student only as a " HE"

My wife responded that she didn't think she should be made to go against her belief that it was wrong...long story short is she was told there may be consequences to her refusing and meeting ended....as my wife was driving home the principal called and told her she was being put on paid administrative leave for the rest of the week....with no school last Monday she went in on Tuesday only to be told by principal that she ment not to come back until she was called.

She was called today, after 8 days off, to come to a meeting with the personnel director. He informed her that it was in her best interest to resign by Friday...he said the District Supperintendent would be the one to make final call but she would most likely be terminated for "failure to follow a directive from the principal....

The only thing she refused to do was call the girl a boy.

He told her if she didn't resign that this would be in her file and follow her where ever she tried to get a job....if she let them fire her

My thinking is....this is already in her file....they will never give her a good recommendation no matter what she does..and we will lose our health insurance either way.

Quitting will only keep her from getting unemployment..make her lose her sick days... And keep the school district from dealing with it...

I'm at a loss at which way to go...
My wife has a right to believe what she does and not go against her convictions by calling her a him...

But it really worth fighting for...

Any advice?

Contact your teacher's association. They typically offer free legal counsel and representation for those who are members. One more time...call the association.

I can't remember if I stated this in my first post or if I made it clear.....

My wife is the teacher assistant....she does not have a teaching degree....or any degree for that matter...but they still had her teaching the class for a week and half with only a substitute teacher (also not a licensed teacher)to be in there with her. She even had to make her own lesson plans because they gave none.

Not sure how they got by with that either.....

So not sure if association would help but it is worth a shot...
Hey, DOC
9/16/15 3:55 pm

Post Re: Wife may lose job at school because of transgender student skinnybishop
olosos wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
olosos wrote:
Please be praying.....

My wife is an assistant teacher in a special Ed class that has students from 6th -8th grade. Before the year started her and the teacher (both new to this school) were informed that there would be a 8th grader transgender student in the class. It is a female who identifies herself as a "Boy".

They were told that she needed to be referred to as a "He"... Go tell "Him"... go get "His" books...etc.

The teacher quit at the end of the first week because of this student and another being hard to deal with. So for the next week and half my wife taught the class even though she doesn't have a degree....without a teacher there.

The other student got better but this child didn't. Last Monday she had to talk to this student in the hallway because she was disturbing the class...the student told my wife that she was getting on to her because of the way she was....my wife responded with..."I don't agree with your lifestyle but that has nothing to do with this"

That was Monday....on weds she was called in the office...the principal of course that she shouldn't have made the comment about not agreeing with the lifestyle...while talking the principle referred to the student as a "HE"...when my wife referred to her it was as a "she"...the principal told her that she was to refer to the student only as a " HE"

My wife responded that she didn't think she should be made to go against her belief that it was wrong...long story short is she was told there may be consequences to her refusing and meeting ended....as my wife was driving home the principal called and told her she was being put on paid administrative leave for the rest of the week....with no school last Monday she went in on Tuesday only to be told by principal that she ment not to come back until she was called.

She was called today, after 8 days off, to come to a meeting with the personnel director. He informed her that it was in her best interest to resign by Friday...he said the District Supperintendent would be the one to make final call but she would most likely be terminated for "failure to follow a directive from the principal....

He told her if she didn't resign that this would be in her file and follow her where ever she tried to get a job....if she let them fire her

My thinking is....this is already in her file....they will never give her a good recommendation no matter what she does..and we will lose our health insurance either way.

Quitting will only keep her from getting unemployment..make her lose her sick days... And keep the school district from dealing with it...

My wife has a right to believe what she does and not go against her convictions by calling her a him...

Any advice?

Contact your teacher's association. They typically offer free legal counsel and representation for those who are members. One more time...call the association.

My wife is the teacher assistant....she does not have a teaching degree....or any degree for that matter...but they still had her teaching the class for a week and half with only a substitute teacher (also not a licensed teacher)to be in there with her. She even had to make her own lesson plans because they gave none.

Sorry, I overlooked that in your OP. I'm sure it varies from state to state, in terms of who is "eligible" to participate and who is not. Teacher Assistants are eligible to join PAGE as Support Personnel. This opportunity extends to substitutes, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, and office employees.
9/16/15 4:59 pm

Post Re: Wife may lose job at school because of transgender student Resident Skeptic
olosos wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
olosos wrote:
Please be praying.....

Any advice?

I as a sub was made the official teacher for a class back in 2012 for 8 weeks. I was given a lap top, I gave grades including final grades. i am not a certified teacher.
9/16/15 8:08 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
It's sad when CNN does better that FNC.
9/16/15 8:13 pm

Post Re: Wife may lose job at school because of transgender student olosos
Resident Skeptic wrote:
olosos wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
olosos wrote:
Please be praying.....

Any advice?

I as a sub was made the official teacher for a class back in 2012 for 8 weeks. I was given a lap top, I gave grades including final grades. i am not a certified teacher.

Without having any kind of degree?
Hey, DOC
9/16/15 8:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic