Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Cojak, how did all go with your Cochlear Implant?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Cojak, how did all go with your Cochlear Implant? Old Time Country Preacher
The ole timer was thinkin bout ya an prayin fer ya in Wed. Hope the procedure went well. Acts-pert Poster
9/11/15 12:33 am

Post Cojak
To start with it was a bigger deal than I thought. Smile There were 3 doctors and 4 nurses. The operation took 2.5 hours. I was able to leave the hospital within 3 hours after. My wife drove me home.

I am needing the pain meds they prescribed, I was surprised at that, I normally have no problem with pain, I did a root canal once without the pain meds just to see if I could. LOL (that was one of the ignorant things I have done in my life).

All in all it is going well. I had 3% hearing in the ear that got the implant. And I am surprised how much I miss that little bit. I will be without sound in that ear for 4 weeks and then the doctor will turn on the implant and then and only they will we know how much it will help.

I am u with my girl's permission for an hour then back to bed. She is one tough caregiver. I am blessed to have such a sweet wife, friends and family.

I thank you and everyone else that has given encouragement and prayers. When I cannot get on the computer, I realize how much I have grown to depend on it.

Thanks for the concern and for asking... Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/11/15 2:02 pm

Post Cojak
One other thing, does anyone know why I am so sore? It is like I did too many situps, my stomach muscles are sore. My throat is sore and so are my teeth and jaws. It is sorta like I gritted my teeth during the 2.5 hours. Shocked

I don't want to do this again for another ten years of so.

But I am glad the surgery is complete and I expect improvement in my hearing.
9/11/15 2:15 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Hey, the ole timer is glad ya done well, an I really do pray this thing will help ya regain a good portion a ya hearin. Acts-pert Poster
9/11/15 3:39 pm

Post c6thplayer1
I cant wait for you to join the camp meeting crowd. Now you will totally understand the meaning of " TURN IT DOWN ". You will probably be able to hear the moans and screams of the acts board posters when OT post something they dont like... Cool Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/11/15 4:30 pm

c6thplayer1 wrote:
You will probably be able to hear the moans and screams of the acts board posters when OT post something they dont like... Cool

Them wof-ites, error-ites, milledcredential-ites, honery-ites, independ-ites is a wretched lot aint they? Hey, when ya git on their turf they commence moanin an sreamin fer shore. Cojak will have to lower the volume when at happens. Laughing
Acts-pert Poster
9/11/15 4:55 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Cojak wrote:
One other thing, does anyone know why I am so sore? It is like I did too many situps, my stomach muscles are sore. My throat is sore and so are my teeth and jaws. It is sorta like I gritted my teeth during the 2.5 hours. Shocked

Glad to hear you are doing OK, Cojak, although it sounds like this surgery hit you a little harder than you expected. I have found (especially the older I get) that it takes me a while to get over the anesthesia. It really wipes me out.

I don't know why your stomach muscles are sore, but your throat is probably sore from being intubated. Unless you had a local anesthetic, they intubated you when you were under general anesthesia. Maybe that'll give you an excuse to eat extra ice cream. Smile

My sister had surgery several years ago, and they were supposed to do a hysterectomy. But there was a problem when they were putting her under, and she coded. They did CPR & got her back (and she was fine) but they postponed the surgery after that!. When she woke up, she said, "I expected my belly to hurt, but not my chest. What in the world happened?" Things don't always go like we think they will.

Can't wait to hear how things go when they turn it on!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/13/15 12:21 am

Carolyn Smith wrote:
My sister had surgery several years ago, and they were supposed to do a hysterectomy!

My dear mercy, Cojak, hey, I just hope they didn't try to do no hysterectomy on ya son. Cause if they did, you gonna be sore in places ya didn't even know ya had...... Shocked Laughing
Acts-pert Poster
9/13/15 1:38 am

Post bonnie knox
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
My sister had surgery several years ago, and they were supposed to do a hysterectomy!

My dear mercy, Cojak, hey, I just hope they didn't try to do no hysterectomy on ya son. Cause if they did, you gonna be sore in places ya didn't even know ya had...... Shocked Laughing

Ya don't reckon that's why his stomach is sore, do ya? Shocked

When you're "out," you don't know what they're doing to you. Cojak, maybe you were thinking, "Ouch, this hurts; I gotta get up." Every time you tried to get up, the assigned nurse might have punched you in the stomach, "Sorry, buddy, you're not done yet--back on the rack." Wink

Glad you're on the other side of the surgery now. Hope you get your hearing back when they turn the implant on.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/13/15 8:42 am

Post Cojak
Smile Smile Smile Okay folks, some of that stuff ain't funny!

Smile Very Happy Smile but I am still able to laugh.

I did take a flash light and looked at the back of my throat and it is red. I think I remember them saying something about a tube, but I can never be sure what I hear, but the soreness is going away..

I made a mistake yesterday, and watched 3 surgeries on YOUTUBE of actual implants, it is much more involved than I thought. That is nasty stuff. Shocked

BUT most of all, thanks to everyone for your encouragement and prayers. Cool
9/13/15 9:02 am

Post c6thplayer1
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Cojak wrote:

Glad to hear you are doing OK, Cojak, although it sounds like this surgery hit you a little harder than you expected. I have found (especially the older I get) that it takes me a while to get over the anesthesia. It really wipes me out.

I don't know why your stomach muscles are sore, but your throat is probably sore from being intubated. Unless you had a local anesthetic, they intubated you when you were under general anesthesia. Maybe that'll give you an excuse to eat extra ice cream. Smile

My sister had surgery several years ago, and they were supposed to do a hysterectomy. But there was a problem when they were putting her under, and she coded. They did CPR & got her back (and she was fine) but they postponed the surgery after that!. When she woke up, she said, "I expected my belly to hurt, but not my chest. What in the world happened?" Things don't always go like we think they will.

Carolyn are you a nurse?
9/13/15 1:07 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Cojak wrote:

Carolyn are you a nurse?

No, I'm a secretary that works with folks in the surgical area. I support the nurse managers for the pre-op & post-op areas. My sister got the nurse genes in the family. Smile
9/13/15 2:35 pm

Post Cojak
I was warned I would probably have problems with balance for a few days. It has now been 4 days and I am still having problems with balance.

Living in a motor home has a lot of advantages, one is you are never far from a wall cabinet or table to brace or steady yourself. There is a small problem with nausea, but not much. The light or fuzzy head is a big distraction. I hope it soon goes away. I also do not focus as well as I sit and type.

I was told to expect this, but I guess I didn't take them seriously. Smile But I think I can hae more sympathy for folk who have surgeries especially anything with drilling into the skull. Very Happy

Oh, and my girl just said, it is a little chilly, time to head South. But at the present I do not fill up to disconnecting and driving. Sad
9/13/15 6:09 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Carolyn Smith wrote:
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Cojak wrote:

Carolyn are you a nurse?

No, I'm a secretary that works with folks in the surgical area. I support the nurse managers for the pre-op & post-op areas. My sister got the nurse genes in the family. Smile

Have you ever heard of the herb Pueraria Mirifica? It is supposed to be good for hot flashes , skin and hair etc. I find it on the internet but local heath stores dont carry it and it makes me wonder about it. I have thought about ordering some for my wifes hot flashes but I need a little more info from people I trust.
9/13/15 6:30 pm

Cojak wrote:
I was warned I would probably have problems with balance for a few days. It has now been 4 days and I am still having problems with balance.

Be patient, Cojak, it took momma longer than 4 days to git over her hysterectomy. You'll be feelin well soon. Wink
Acts-pert Poster
9/13/15 6:55 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
OTCP misses the point again. *sigh*

c6thplayer1 - PM
9/13/15 7:25 pm

Carolyn Smith wrote:

c6thplayer1 - PM

Carolyn, it was a joke. Mr. Green
Acts-pert Poster
9/13/15 7:31 pm

Post bonnie knox
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:

c6thplayer1 - PM

Carolyn, it was a joke. Mr. Green

Ya got to be right keerful with em jokes. Ya might git ole Cojak to laughing real hard, and that might make at sore belly hurt even more.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/13/15 8:38 pm

Post jeremiah2911_4me
Carolyn Smith wrote:

c6thplayer1 - PM

he must be a member of the board LOL
Acts-celerater
9/13/15 9:02 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
jeremiah2911_4me wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote: