Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Did Jesus Come So That We Might Live Large?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Did Jesus Come So That We Might Live Large? Old Time Country Preacher
Link wrote:
I read a post from a WOFer on another forum who thought that 'have life and have it more abundantly' meant having a lot of possessions.

This is exactly what woffie theology teaches, Link, an its dead wrong, cannot be supported exegetically, an leads folk into error.
Acts-pert Poster
6/1/14 12:05 am

Post Re: Did Jesus Come So That We Might Live Large? bradfreeman
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Link wrote:
I read a post from a WOFer on another forum who thought that 'have life and have it more abundantly' meant having a lot of possessions.

This is exactly what woffie theology teaches, Link, an its dead wrong, cannot be supported exegetically, an leads folk into error.

Greed is bad. But so is your bent toward poverty and the gospel of lack.

An abundance of material possessions can be drawn out of many passages.

2 Cor. 8 and 9 are clearly talking about money. Clearly. Your exegesis of any other meaning is simply myopic, self-serving and wrong.

Abraham's entire life was marked by an abundance of material blessings.
The children of Israel left Egyptian bondage with an abundance of material blessings.
Solomon was the wealthiest man on planet earth.

Your exegesis is tainted by your pre-disposition to disagree with certain teachers.

Mark 10:29 Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, 30 but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions ; and in the age to come, eternal life.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
6/1/14 6:46 am

Post Re: Did Jesus Come So That We Might Live Large? Quiet Wyatt
bradfreeman wrote:

Mark 10:29 Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel's sake, 30 but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions ; and in the age to come, eternal life.

He will receive a hundred times as many mothers, sisters, brothers, and children? No wait, that particular portion of the verse has to be interpreted figuratively. The part about the hundredfold increase in material goods (houses and farms), well, the Lord obviously meant that part to be taken literally, because, as we all know, the early Christians all hit the jackpot financially by following Jesus!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/1/14 9:21 am

Post Re: Did Jesus Come So That We Might Live Large? Old Time Country Preacher
bradfreeman wrote:
Greed is bad. But so is your bent toward poverty and the gospel of lack. [/i]

I have no bent toward poverty or a gospel of lack. God is a God of provision. The pseudo-Arahamites yell about wealth, but they pick an choose which tenets of Abes life they want to embrace. They yell about material riches, but not a one of em:

1. Inhabits the land of Israel.
2. Has a child that all the world will be blessed by.
3. Has offspring like the sand a the sea.
4. Offers to sacrifice their young'un as a burnt offering to God.
5. Lives to be well over 100.

No fellers, don't come yelling at the ole timer bout bounty till you commence livin ever aspect a ole Abes life.
Acts-pert Poster
6/1/14 12:34 pm

Post Re: Did Jesus Come So That We Might Live Large? bradfreeman
I have no bent toward poverty or a gospel of lack. God is a God of provision.

Yes, you do. You daily write against the idea that God supplies provision.

Quote:
The pseudo-Arahamites yell about wealth, but they pick an choose which tenets of Abes life they want to embrace. They yell about material riches, but not a one of em:

1. Inhabits the land of Israel.
2. Has a child that all the world will be blessed by.
3. Has offspring like the sand a the sea.
4. Offers to sacrifice their young'un as a burnt offering to God.
5. Lives to be well over 100.

This is your exegesis?
We should move to the Middle East or shut up about God blessing His children with abundant provision?
We should give birth to Jesus or quit telling people Jesus will enrich us in every way?
If any of us die under 100, none of blessings are ours?

Exegete again.

Quote:
No fellers, don't come yelling at the ole timer bout bounty till you commence livin ever aspect a ole Abes life.

You're funny.

Your whole argument is just silly. You're eroding faith, not building it. You're limiting God and changing truth with no scriptural basis, only you're personal feelings about greedy preachers. No one in your congregation would ever expect God to supply their material needs. In fact, they probably won't even ask God to bless their business or help them get out of debt, for fear of being lumped in with the Woffies.

Exegete again.

Acts-dicted
6/2/14 7:11 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
The silliness is the false hope given to hunerds a thousands a folk ever single day from the extrabiblical magical notions of woffie theology. Acts-pert Poster
6/2/14 9:59 am

Post bradfreeman
The silliness is the false hope given to hunerds a thousands a folk ever single day from the extrabiblical magical notions of woffie theology.

He is a Good Shepherd, taking good care of His sheep.

Psa. 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures ; He leads me beside quiet waters. 3 He restores my soul ; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies ; You have anointed my head with oil ; My cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

What would be extra-biblical is the notion that His care and presence in our lives is something no one can see or appreciate:
He may not supply our needs.
He may not heal.
He may not protect.
Our cups might go empty.
I can't tell if His goodness follows me every day or not.

No. When Jesus wants the world to know what good care He takes of His sheep. Abundant life.

Acts-dicted
6/6/14 5:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.