Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

When is it not God's will to heal?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post When is it not God's will to heal? bradfreeman
Psalm 103:2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: 3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, 4 Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, 5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

God certainly has power to heal "all your diseases".

When is it God's will to heal?

Glib answers are fun, but it would be nice to consider the scripture too.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
11/26/13 8:02 am

Post Some thoughts... Aaron Scott
Every single person who came to Jesus for healing...was healed.

Some people--a chosen few, you might say--Jesus WENT TO to heal. But multitudes CAME TO Him for healing...and every single person was healed.

We have no record of a single person coming to Jesus for healing and not being healed.

I don't pretend to know exactly why that doesn't happen all the time for us...unless it is that we are not really "getting to" Jesus, though we are sincere and trying to. Thankfully, He is still merciful.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/26/13 8:43 am

Post I wish wayne
I really wish I knew the answer to that. I am dealing with a great man in my church whose son overdosed this last weekend and today, we will most likely pull the plug unless God performs a miracle.
I have learned to pray for God's will to be done. I'll tell Him what I want but will submit to His will in all situations. My God has a plan and He knows what He is doing.
Acts Enthusiast
11/26/13 8:52 am

Post More... Aaron Scott
Believing in divine healing can create deep hurt and pain. In fact, there might even be situations where it would have been better to NOT believe in divine healing.

And yet I believe it is true.

When my uncle died, the family was crushed. He was the youngest of the brothers, we had prayed and fasted, seeking divine healing. When it did not come, not only were we hurt at the loss, but we were weighed upon by the fact that divine healing had not come through (at least in the way we expected).

Many precious people have suffered and died, all while seeking divine healing. The hope of such a miracle sets our hearts aflutter...but then, if it does not come to pass, we are deeply hurt and perhaps a bit disillusioned.

If we didn't believe in divine healing, no doubt we would eventually learn to resign ourselves to impending death. We perhaps could bear it more easily. But when we know that God COULD have healed, yet for some reason did not, it adds an additional weight to our hearts.

But although I think this is the case, I cannot help but believe that God will heal when we can truly touch Him in faith. He also heals at other times, but I believe He is OBLIGATED to heal when we touch Him by faith? Why? Because He has PROMISED that the prayer of faith will raise the sick!

We are not at all "commanding" God to do this or that. Rather, we are taking advantage of what HE promised.

It happens far too infrequently, but divine healing is still real.
11/26/13 8:57 am

Post We Simply Don't Have Faith Rev.Mike Bassemier
I believe the reason many people are not healed is simply because we don't have faith. The church ( Christians )today operate in the flesh realm. Also, our prayer life is so weak it does not move God to operate. We have a weak prayer life, so our faith is weak. We operate in common faith not faith in God.b Acts-celerater
11/26/13 9:28 am

Post Patrick Harris
Everytime I hear someone say "You're not healed because you just did not have enough faith" I want to punch someone in the mouth.

Nothing says God does not care about someone who is sick more then some well meaning "jackal" making that statement.
Acts Enthusiast
11/26/13 9:47 am

Post Re: Some thoughts... Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
Every single person who came to Jesus for healing...was healed.

Some people--a chosen few, you might say--Jesus WENT TO to heal. But multitudes CAME TO Him for healing...and every single person was healed.

We have no record of a single person coming to Jesus for healing and not being healed.

I don't pretend to know exactly why that doesn't happen all the time for us...unless it is that we are not really "getting to" Jesus, though we are sincere and trying to. Thankfully, He is still merciful.

Agree with this.
11/26/13 10:35 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Patrick Harris wrote:
Everytime I hear someone say "You're not healed because you just did not have enough faith" I want to punch someone in the mouth.

Nothing says God does not care about someone who is sick more then some well meaning "jackal" making that statement.

Agree with this.
11/26/13 10:35 am

Post roughridercog
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Patrick Harris wrote:

Agree with this.

Is there not a sickness unto death?
11/26/13 11:12 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Ask Paul why he wasn't healed. It had nothing to do with his faith. Acts-pert Poster
11/26/13 11:13 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
So folk has got enuff faith to take medicine, go to the hospital, go to the doctor, but aint got faith to be healed?

If some a you boys wasn't serious about believin at, it would be funny. Embarassed
Acts-pert Poster
11/26/13 11:16 am

Post OTCP... Aaron Scott
OTCP, you assume that he needed a healing.

Many do NOT assume that, but that it was some other struggle he was dealing with.
11/26/13 11:17 am

Post Re: More... Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
Believing in divine healing can create deep hurt and pain. In fact, there might even be situations where it would have been better to NOT believe in divine healing.

And yet I believe it is true.

When my uncle died, the family was crushed. He was the youngest of the brothers, we had prayed and fasted, seeking divine healing. When it did not come, not only were we hurt at the loss, but we were weighed upon by the fact that divine healing had not come through (at least in the way we expected).

Many precious people have suffered and died, all while seeking divine healing. The hope of such a miracle sets our hearts aflutter...but then, if it does not come to pass, we are deeply hurt and perhaps a bit disillusioned.

If we didn't believe in divine healing, no doubt we would eventually learn to resign ourselves to impending death. We perhaps could bear it more easily. But when we know that God COULD have healed, yet for some reason did not, it adds an additional weight to our hearts.

But although I think this is the case, I cannot help but believe that God will heal when we can truly touch Him in faith. He also heals at other times, but I believe He is OBLIGATED to heal when we touch Him by faith? Why? Because He has PROMISED that the prayer of faith will raise the sick!

We are not at all "commanding" God to do this or that. Rather, we are taking advantage of what HE promised.

It happens far too infrequently, but divine healing is still real.

A well stated comment and I can agree with it. I cannot produce any scripture to 'factually' back up my feelings, but you have done well expressing how I feel.

In my lifetime I have ALWAYS worried about the man who prays DEMANDING the Lord to HONOR His Word. That was always scary to me.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/26/13 11:17 am

Post Re: Some thoughts... Old Time Country Preacher
Aaron Scott wrote:

We have no record that Jesus ever went to the bathroom, but we know he did. John said if everthing was wrote, the world cound't contain the books. Just cause they aint no record of it don't mean a doctrine can be built that God 100% of the time physically heals in this life.
Acts-pert Poster
11/26/13 11:19 am

Post Re: When is it not God's will to heal? Cojak
bradfreeman wrote:
Psalm 103:2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: 3 Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, 4 Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, 5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

God certainly has power to heal "all your diseases".

When is it God's will to heal?

Glib answers are fun, but it would be nice to consider the scripture too.

Very good and thought provoking post, Thanks Brad. I like reading the comments on this and seeing the 'opinions'. Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011

Post Re: OTCP... Old Time Country Preacher
Aaron Scott wrote:
OTCP, you assume that he needed a healing.

Many do NOT assume that, but that it was some other struggle he was dealing with.

Ummm, I guess "in his flesh" didn't mean in his flesh. That aint assumption.
Acts-pert Poster

Post PIC roughridercog

11/26/13 11:22 am

Post PIC roughridercog

11/26/13 11:22 am

Post Re: PIC Old Time Country Preacher
roughridercog wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Acts-pert Poster
11/26/13 11:27 am

Post OTCP... Aaron Scott
Indeed, "in his flesh" does not mean necessarily mean sickness.

"In the flesh" could have been temptation. It was a "messenger of SATAN," after all.
11/26/13 11:31 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.