Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I Will Purge My Pulpits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post diakoneo
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I could be mistaken, but it seemed to me there were two threads with identical opening posts by Rev. Mike. Is it possible The Bard's post was in the other "I will purge my pulpits" thread?

No, Daniel Rushing commented on the Bard's post in this thread and now it is gone.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/6/13 9:58 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
diakoneo wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I could be mistaken, but it seemed to me there were two threads with identical opening posts by Rev. Mike. Is it possible The Bard's post was in the other "I will purge my pulpits" thread?

No, Daniel Rushing commented on the Bard's post in this thread and now it is gone.

When I saw Daniel's post in this thread yesterday (soon after he posted it), I was not able to find The Bard's post in this thread. I remember thinking it strange, and then going to look in the other "Purge my pulpits" thread, but not being able to find it either.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/13 10:11 am

Post bonnie knox
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
diakoneo wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

When I saw Daniel's post in this thread yesterday (soon after he posted it), I was not able to find The Bard's post in this thread. I remember thinking it strange, and then going to look in the other "Purge my pulpits" thread, but not being able to find it either.

Have you been experiencing double vision of late? Wink

The Bard did indeed have a post in this thread, which he posted at 5:35 pm (EST) Wednesday afternoon. The post was deleted by the moderators yesterday evening or last night.

Last edited by bonnie knox on 9/6/13 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/13 10:23 am

Post John Jett
Apparently, the post was purged Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/6/13 10:27 am

Post bonnie knox
It was expurgated in hopes of purging the thread, but it languishes in the purgatory of Google's cache. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/13 10:36 am

Post Truman Here Truman Smith
I read bard's post and I did understand what he posted But I thought that he was attacking Mike . Now I appreciate Mike's desire to be a blessing and for his desire to be very close to God and OBEY Him in all things . Now Saints we all know that one has to listen to Mike's heart to see where he is coming from in his posts . This was a burden of his heart , one can take it or leave it but it does not need to DISSECTED on a Public forum .
Now I thought that bard spent to much time analyzing Mikes post . I felt like he was speaking down to Mike and that he was strutting his stuff to make Mike look bad , ( I chose the word bad and not badly for that was the word that I wanted to us , Did not want bard correcting me ) .
I did not post an objection when I read his post for I came down very hard on bard another time and did not want to seem to be attacking him . He thought that I called him a name but had he read my post closer the
" word I used IS NOT A WORD " . and will never be > But I did not feel at that time that I need to enlighten him . I took a poetic Liscense . Must be going I have some thing to accomplish today. God Bless . T
Acts Enthusiast
9/6/13 10:40 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I felt like he was speaking down to Mike and that he was strutting his stuff to make Mike look bad

I didn't take it that way. (I think it would have sounded a lot different if he had wanted to make Mike look bad. Of course, that is just my opinion.)
If someone gives a message, and he says it is from the Lord, the message ought to be able to bear a little scrutiny.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/13 10:45 am

Post Re: Truman Here Patrick Harris
Truman Smith wrote:
I read bard's post and I did understand what he posted But I thought that he was attacking Mike . Now I appreciate Mike's desire to be a blessing and for his desire to be very close to God and OBEY Him in all things . Now Saints we all know that one has to listen to Mike's heart to see where he is coming from in his posts . This was a burden of his heart , one can take it or leave it but it does not need to DISSECTED on a Public forum .
Now I thought that bard spent to much time analyzing Mikes post . I felt like he was speaking down to Mike and that he was strutting his stuff to make Mike look bad , ( I chose the word bad and not badly for that was the word that I wanted to us , Did not want bard correcting me ) .
I did not post an objection when I read his post for I came down very hard on bard another time and did not want to seem to be attacking him . He thought that I called him a name but had he read my post closer the
" word I used IS NOT A WORD " . and will never be > But I did not feel at that time that I need to enlighten him . I took a poetic Liscense . Must be going I have some thing to accomplish today. God Bless . T

You read way too much into what The Bard said.

Prophetic words are to be judged / dissected by those within the church, as it is written: “Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others judge”.
Since he posted on a public forum, the forum should have that option of judging.
Acts Enthusiast
9/6/13 10:47 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I saw two identical posts (what is sometimes called a "double post") from Mike yesterday entitled, "I will purge my pulpits." I read The Bard's post in one or the other of the threads. It makes more sense to me that the double post/thread would be deleted.

In my experience, double posts often happen when one's internet service is slow. The poster clicks the submit button more than once, just trying to make sure their post has gone through when the site is not responding quickly.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/13 11:08 am

Post bonnie knox
Okay, I do remember a double post recently, remember asking myself why I was clicking on the second one when it was obviously a duplicate post.
But once a thread has a reply, it is not likely to be deleted just for being a duplicate. (And I have seen double posts go off in two different directions.)

In any case, The Bard's post was deleted specifically. Several of us are wondering why.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/13 11:20 am

Post diakoneo
bonnie knox wrote:

In any case, The Bard's post was deleted specifically. Several of us are wondering why.

I think there was a "perception" of attack as brother Truman pointed out.

It may have been construed that way due to many of his posts in previous history....
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/6/13 11:31 am

Post Truman Here Truman Smith
I feel like I need to say this ... I did not contact anyone to complain about bard's post . I have only voiced it here on this thread . I was told in a post above that I read to much into bard's post and I may have .
Now in bard's post I don't ever remember anyone waffling and oscillating as was the bard . In a few words he was saying that
he agreed and before he got that typed he was going in another direction . And the pattern was repeated way to many times . He is not usually that difficult to follow but as I finished his post I did not know where he was going .
Have a great day . And need I remind us that time will tell about Mike's post? God Bless . T
Acts Enthusiast
9/6/13 11:45 am

Post He got what he asked for.... W. Ray Williams
Truman Smith wrote:
This was a burden of his heart , one can take it or leave it but it does not need to DISSECTED on a Public forum .

Truman,

If a person puts thier thoughts out into the public domain, it will be judged and evaluated. Just because the writer believes they have heard from God, does not mean that all the faithful just hear and do.

Mike put a prophetic word out there and although I agree with the sentiment, I am not sure of the divine nature of the content. It is hard to discern through the internet, but Mike could come back and help us understand more his thinking and the context in which God revealed to him this prophecy.

When you go public, you open yourself to critique and sometimes criticism, both good and bad.

Ray
Acts-celerater
9/6/13 11:53 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
I think there was a "perception" of attack as brother Truman pointed out.

I don't think that can be justified by the words that were actually written, but in any case, I'd love to hear from the mouth of the person who deleted the post what his justification was.
Now, I know The Bard can be very abrasive at times, but this was not one of those times, imo. What was very remarkably different about this post was that The Bard expressed uncertainty and concluded that he would have to withhold his judgment.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/13 11:53 am

Post Dean Steenburgh
I think the Rev. has hit on to something that needs to be addressed. Regardless of how we like to purse the words the central theme is sound. Judgment starts at the house of the Lord. Who do we pastors think we are? I for one would ather hear a word that calls me to be cautious & careful with my calling & what happens in my pulpit than to be left alone to minister on auto-pilot.

I accept the prophecy & I too am willing to repent & ask God to purge/cleanse my heart so as to be careful with my calling & responsibilities.

No matter if Rev. Mike is a pastor or not the warning should not be deflected as in a spirit of arrogance or pride - we can heed to the warning cause it's not going to hurt anyone to submit to the Lord & through a repentant heart ask the Lord to keep us honorable & faithful to Him.

I felt checked & I don't want to be numb to the checking of the Holy Spirit.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/6/13 1:18 pm

Post Re: Truman Here georgiapath
Truman Smith wrote:

Good post and I think you are exactly right.
Acts-dicted
9/7/13 6:40 am

Post The choices God gives us bonnie knox
Throughout the Bible, there are references to the choices God gives us. God could sweep through time and creation and purge all evil. The final purging will not transpire until God's final judgement. Until that time, we may choose to listen to truth or we may heap to ourselves teachers who will speak what our flesh wants to hear. In like manner we can prophecy what our flesh wants to say. Paul admonished Timothy to make good use of the season during which his listeners would hear the truth. He predicted that a time would come when his listeners would not endure sound doctrine, but would be turned aside to fables by the teachers who soothed their itching ears. Paul went on to exhort Timothy to stand firm in spite of the false teachers around him:
But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. (2 Timothy 4:5)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/8/13 7:56 pm

Post Actually the proper thing to do is judge it. caseyleejones
The NT says that even true prophets are to be judged what they speak. He is not submitting the word for judgement but saying it is from God.

In the church I attend, every word is passed through the eldership of the church to be judged. The ones who speak the word are held accountable.

Several issues at hand. Has Mike submitted this word to a local body to be judged? What does his church feel about this word? I guess I have problems with someone posting "words from God" on a message board and telling us it's from God and the presumption of the word not needing to be judged.

Secondly, this word from Mike is nothing new. In time past he railed on sin in the pulpit, pastors in sin, purging the pulpit, etc.. the list goes on........ This is nothing new except now he says "THIS IS FROM GOD".

Lastly, unless I am missing something, he has pretty much hit and run here. It would be nice that instead of ducking and running, come and be accountable for what is said and answer some question posed to him.

Any word is suspect when the word is not allowed to be judged and those speaking are not held accountable.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/8/13 9:42 pm

Post Nick Park
We all know that human personality comes through to some extent in prophecy. For example, I don't think any reasonable person will reject a prophecy on the basis of poor grammar or a spelling mistake.

But theological error is something else. My understanding is that we are a kingdom of priests and Jesus is our high priest. To refer to pastors as 'high priests', in my opinion, is clericalism and popery.

Of course we need to approach this with a very large dose of humility. In the Gospels we see the Pharisees rejecting Jesus because His revelation of God didn't fit all their theological presuppositions about the Messiah. Nevertheless, I think that the priesthood of all believers is a central biblical truth, not an inconsequential detail.

So I find it very difficult to accept that God would give a word of prophecy that endorses a false doctrine. I do think a lot of pulpits need purging, and I am certainly open to rebuke and correction from the Lord if He tells me that my pulpit is one that needs purging, but I can't in all good conscience accept that Brother Mike's 'word' passes the test as a prophecy from the Lord.

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
9/9/13 6:38 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I got the impression that Mike was saying something similar to the idea that the husband is "the priest of his house," not that he was saying any minister could take the place of Jesus.

The prophecy reminded me of the time in the early 1990s when a respected pastor in Los Angeles said God had told him, "I will rip the evil from the earth" on such and such a date.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/9/13 8:32 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.