Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I Will Purge My Pulpits
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I Will Purge My Pulpits Rev.Mike Bassemier
This is a word from The Lord... Receive it or reject it, it's up to you.
I will purge my pulpits from the lies that are being spoken that are not of my spirit but of mans own ambition. I will purge my pulpits because I hold you the high priest of my house responsible for the sheep your leading. My sheep look unto you for guidance, but you have forsaken them for your own lust of pleasure and success. You work more and pray less. You feed your natural appetites but you are lean of spiritual food because you do not care enough for me and my word. You hurry in preparing food for my sheep and you give them crumbs. I will send my fire of purification through my house and I will expose the fleshly and lazy. I seek for those that are hungry and will pick up my cross and follow me wherever I go. I send a warning to repent and cry out for healing and restoration.
Acts-celerater
9/4/13 1:29 pm

Post mytimewillcome
What does a "purge" of a pulpit consist of? Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/4/13 4:44 pm

Post Rev.Mike Bassemier
mytimewillcome wrote:
What does a "purge" of a pulpit consist of?
. I suggest you pray and ask God what " purge" means . I'm sure whatever answer I give you will be the wrong one. Ask God...
Acts-celerater
9/4/13 5:12 pm

Post Re: I Will Purge My Pulpits Resident Skeptic
Rev.Mike Bassemier wrote:
This is a word from The Lord... Receive it or reject it, it's up to you.
I will purge my pulpits from the lies that are being spoken that are not of my spirit but of mans own ambition. I will purge my pulpits because I hold you the high priest of my house responsible for the sheep your leading. My sheep look unto you for guidance, but you have forsaken them for your own lust of pleasure and success. You work more and pray less. You feed your natural appetites but you are lean of spiritual food because you do not care enough for me and my word. You hurry in preparing food for my sheep and you give them crumbs. I will send my fire of purification through my house and I will expose the fleshly and lazy. I seek for those that are hungry and will pick up my cross and follow me wherever I go. I send a warning to repent and cry out for healing and restoration.

I receive it.
9/4/13 5:23 pm

Post Going to get worse not better famousflavius
The Bible says things are going to get worse.

Matt 24:10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,

4 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

I do not look to the pulpits to make a difference in these last days. The real difference makers are not who you would expect.
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
9/4/13 6:18 pm

Post Link
The high priest comment was an eyebrow-raiser for me. But if the teaching in the churches were purged and purified in this country, it would address some concerns and prayers that have been on my heart recently.
9/4/13 7:46 pm

Post Were you purged from your pulpit? caseyleejones
If I remember correctly, recently you got out of pastoring. Did God do this? Are you back in the pulpit now? Acts-perienced Poster
9/5/13 7:44 am

Post Re: Going to get worse not better Troy Hamby
famousflavius wrote:

I do not look to the pulpits to make a difference in these last days. The real difference makers are not who you would expect.

EXACTLY!! I think we over emphasize the role of the pastor as far as importance in God's overall plan. I enjoy good preaching as much as the next guy but 1 hour on Sunday morning is not going to change the world. A highly mobilized, passionate, sold out BODY of believers who demonstrate the love and compassion of Christ to their friends, family and neighbors is what's going to change this nation. Maybe God will purge the pulpits in order to get the focus back on where it needs to be...discipleship!
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
9/5/13 8:30 am

Post JLarry
If we do as David did and ask the Lord to purge our heart, our pulpit will be ok.

When will the purging take place?

When a prophesy is given, keep in mind the timing. I have been guilty of thinking the prophesy would take place very soon. Remember the disciples thought the Lord would return in their lifetime.

Seems like I remember a prophesy stating something like, "homosexuality will come to an end in the 90's". If this was from the Lord it was He was not talking about 1990's.
Acts Mod
9/5/13 8:32 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
JLarry wrote:

Seems like I remember a prophesy stating something like, "homosexuality will come to an end in the 90's". If this was from the Lord it was He was not talking about 1990's.

Perhaps 2090's - you mistakenly thought he meant 1990s.

Your mistake.

Also - see 2190's, 2290's - hard to say - but definitely not 1990s.
9/5/13 8:36 am

Post JLarry
As a young minister I will never forget my pastor called a meeting of all the men in our church. He told us that a brother who was a member of our church had been found guilty of adultery and it was his responsibility to remove him from our membership.

When he gave the name I was floored. The man was an Evangelist who had powerful tent meetings in our area. I had been to his meetings and though he was the stuff. I did not know he was a member of our church.

According to what was reported he had been sleeping around for a long time. I could not believe it. I was so shaken. I prayed and prayed about this. Finally the Lord gave me some relief by telling me it was the Word that went forth, not the one who delivered the Word.
Acts Mod
9/5/13 8:38 am

Post Daniel Rushing
The Bard nailed it. I couldn't have said it better. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/5/13 9:00 pm

Post Daniel Rushing
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Daniel Rushing wrote:
The Bard nailed it. I couldn't have said it better.

What did he say?

Wow! Did it get deleted? I can't imagine why. It was a good assessment.

In so many words, and not nearly so eloquent, he said that he didn't know if he received it or not. The "high-priest" part seems out of place, and not biblically faithful. So perhaps this was God, paraphrased by Rev. Bassemier, or it was just Rev. Bassemier speaking....

I thought it was a fair weighing of the word. I would love to know why it was removed. Odd.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/5/13 11:04 pm

Post bonnie knox
This is hilarious. And scary. The scary part is that I'm agreeing with Daniel AND The Bard, lol.
I read the OP before The Bard commented. The Bard's comments were very much along the lines of what I had thought (though The Bard was able to put it into precise words which, in this case, would have been difficult for me).
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/5/13 11:15 pm

Post bonnie knox
29 Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.

30 If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.

32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/5/13 11:32 pm

Post Tom, bonnie knox
check your pm

Tom Sterbens wrote:
Daniel Rushing wrote:

What did he say?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/5/13 11:58 pm

Post I was thinking the same thing........ caseyleejones
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Daniel Rushing wrote:

What did he say?

...just thought I was slower than the rest.....
Acts-perienced Poster
9/6/13 7:51 am

Post Mike, don't hit and run... caseyleejones
are you still pastoring? Acts-perienced Poster
9/6/13 7:52 am

Post Re: Tom, John Jett
bonnie knox wrote:
check your pm

Tom Sterbens wrote:
Daniel Rushing wrote:

What did he say?

Seriously, why was his post deleted???? He spelled out some concerns that I had as well.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/6/13 8:34 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I could be mistaken, but it seemed to me there were two threads with identical opening posts by Rev. Mike. Is it possible The Bard's post was in the other "I will purge my pulpits" thread? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/6/13 9:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.