Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

When Overseer won't call you back?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post AnOnYmOuS4ArEaSoN
If the AB has not returned any calls or emails, then its obvious he is not interested in what David Boggs is doing or will be doing. David should not even waste anymore time trying to be COG.

Let's face it...we can scream we are "Kingdom" minded until we are blue in the face but the fact is, everyone telling David not to go back to L'ville is more concerned about disruption in COG churches. If there were no other COG's in that city or if David was going to be in an area of AOG and Baptist churches people would be throwing money AND calling him to support his decision.
Friendly Face
7/12/13 2:56 pm

Post If he doesn't call you back .. Rafael D Martinez
.. go to the office and find him personally for some face time.

Don't leave until you speak with him by respectfully pressing in to request that. That's the way it's supposed to be anyway. Christians are to deal personally with other Christians in relationship.

Emails, faxes, texts aren't a substitute for looking at someone across a table to personally share.

AB's say that their first priority is the care of their pastors. Let him prove it by stopping his day to spend time with you.

Yes, I can hear all the knowing snorts all around me here. But sometimes, being simple and direct is what's needed. Enough with the political finessing. Go ahead David.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
7/13/13 11:58 am

Post bigchurchmouse
It would be wise to make an appointment first. If you are in TN and his office is in KY, you don't want to drive that far and find out he is in another state or country. Golf Cart Mafia Capo
7/13/13 12:35 pm

Post That reminds me bonnie knox
Quote:

Don't leave until you speak with him by respectfully pressing in to request that.

That reminds me of a story.
I have a friend (a big, strong guy who was in his prime when the incident happened) who needed to talk to the doctor about his infant daughter. The doctor pointed to all the papers on his desk and allowed as how he was too busy to talk. My friend raked his arm across the desk and told the doctor his desk was cleared and now he surely had time to talk. LOL Not necessarily recommending that route for David Boggs. Wink
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/13/13 6:12 pm

Post Re: That reminds me Cojak
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

Don't leave until you speak with him by respectfully pressing in to request that.

That reminds me of a story.
I have a friend (a big, strong guy who was in his prime when the incident happened) who needed to talk to the doctor about his infant daughter. The doctor pointed to all the papers on his desk and allowed as how he was too busy to talk. My friend raked his arm across the desk and told the doctor his desk was cleared and now he surely had time to talk. LOL Not necessarily recommending that route for David Boggs. Wink

Possibly a little RASH!!! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/13/13 6:56 pm

Post georgiapath
AnOnYmOuS4ArEaSoN wrote:
If the AB has not returned any calls or emails, then its obvious he is not interested in what David Boggs is doing or will be doing. David should not even waste anymore time trying to be COG.

Let's face it...we can scream we are "Kingdom" minded until we are blue in the face but the fact is, everyone telling David not to go back to L'ville is more concerned about disruption in COG churches. If there were no other COG's in that city or if David was going to be in an area of AOG and Baptist churches people would be throwing money AND calling him to support his decision.

Exactly, we are more money minded than "Kingdom" minded.
Acts-dicted
7/13/13 6:59 pm

Post Don't Be Afraid..... COG Conspiracy Theorist
....to pursue a church in your hometown. I did it and while it was a challenge, the folks who were saved and grew under our leadership always said it was because they knew if He could truly change us then He could do the same for them. They universally said that they did NOT care what the community said about us; they only cared about about the message and its eternal impact on their lives.

My wife and I have continually refused to "play games," "put on false faces," "pretend we are without sin," or "act as we are so perfect that EVERYONE should follow after us."

We simply know Jesus. He is our Lord and Savior. Everything else is JUST DETAIL!
7/14/13 5:37 pm

Post Re: Don't Be Afraid..... georgiapath
COG Conspiracy Theorist wrote:
....to pursue a church in your hometown. I did it and while it was a challenge, the folks who were saved and grew under our leadership always said it was because they knew if He could truly change us then He could do the same for them. They universally said that they did NOT care what the community said about us; they only cared about about the message and its eternal impact on their lives.

My wife and I have continually refused to "play games," "put on false faces," "pretend we are without sin," or "act as we are so perfect that EVERYONE should follow after us."

We simply know Jesus. He is our Lord and Savior. Everything else is JUST DETAIL!

Good post.
Acts-dicted
7/14/13 7:14 pm

Post Re: Don't Be Afraid..... Patrick Harris
COG Conspiracy Theorist wrote:

Good word Thumb Up
Acts Enthusiast
7/14/13 7:29 pm

Post Truman Here Truman Smith
David I have known Brother Don Walker for over 40 years and I have NEVER heard of him NOT RETURNING a phone call if asked to call back .
There could have been misplace messages or perhaps he was told and had so many other messages that yours got passed him . Call him back and make sure that he is to get the message .

I have never known him to be shy in his opinions and suggestions . If he doesn't want you to do anything in Tennessee he will tell you that plainly and if he will not call the AB in Kentucky he will also tell you "NO".

I have called him a few times and have always received a call from him. And have no doubts that if I called him today I would get a call soon from him . Hope and Pray that you will find what God wants from you . God Bless . T
Acts Enthusiast
7/15/13 1:01 pm

Post Re: Truman Here David Boggs
Truman Smith wrote:
David I have known Brother Don Walker for over 40 years and I have NEVER heard of him NOT RETURNING a phone call if asked to call back .
There could have been misplace messages or perhaps he was told and had so many other messages that yours got passed him . Call him back and make sure that he is to get the message .

I have never known him to be shy in his opinions and suggestions . If he doesn't want you to do anything in Tennessee he will tell you that plainly and if he will not call the AB in Kentucky he will also tell you "NO".

I have called him a few times and have always received a call from him. And have no doubts that if I called him today I would get a call soon from him . Hope and Pray that you will find what God wants from you . God Bless . T

Dr walker always calls me back too.

I'm not talking about him Smile

If every overseer was like Dr Walker I think we all be better off.
Acts-celerater
7/15/13 1:38 pm

Post David Boggs
Just recieved a message in my inbox saying it was wrong to post the information concerning the Overseer not calling me back.

Maybe I will post another thread with a timeline of events during the "RESTORATION" Process. I allowed Pastors and Leaders to tell absolute lies both in Council Meetings, Private Meetings concerning me, and even in public forums. I never once defended myself because I was told to walk in Humility and when the process is complete it is just that... It's over and men will respect you for it.

If my post offended someone I am truly sorry. However, the truth shouldn't really offend anyone and if it messes me up in the Church Of God for posting here then I really screwed up.

I have submitted to a process that promised fruit at the end and from my perspective nobody expected you to make it to the end so nobody is prepared for when you do.

Not downplayng my sin in any fashion... but when people Lie, Mislead, and manipulate people against you where is the accountability in that?

I'm not going to kick a door down but I'm not going to be silent the rest of my life either.

I guess telling the truth gets you a good Rebuke from a screen name...
Acts-celerater
7/16/13 9:33 am

Post bigchurchmouse
I have always heard that truth will stand when the world is on fire. "You will know the truth and the truth will set you free" according to the Bible.

It is wrong if people lied to you or about you. It does not change what happened whether you post the facts or not. They have to answer for that.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
7/16/13 9:47 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I would have to agree that airing your grievance on Actscelerate is unlikely to help you gain attention from the overseer (at least not positive attention likely to help you in any way).

Did someone promise that you would be appointed to a church or placed somewhere immediately after you completed the restoration process?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/16/13 10:40 am

Post georgiapath
Sorry, posted twice by mistake.

Last edited by georgiapath on 7/16/13 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Acts-dicted
7/16/13 11:28 am

Post georgiapath
georgiapath wrote:
David Boggs wrote:
Just recieved a message in my inbox saying it was wrong to post the information concerning the Overseer not calling me back.

Maybe I will post another thread with a timeline of events during the "RESTORATION" Process. I allowed Pastors and Leaders to tell absolute lies both in Council Meetings, Private Meetings concerning me, and even in public forums. I never once defended myself because I was told to walk in Humility and when the process is complete it is just that... It's over and men will respect you for it.

If my post offended someone I am truly sorry. However, the truth shouldn't really offend anyone and if it messes me up in the Church Of God for posting here then I really screwed up.

I have submitted to a process that promised fruit at the end and from my perspective nobody expected you to make it to the end so nobody is prepared for when you do.

Not downplayng my sin in any fashion... but when people Lie, Mislead, and manipulate people against you where is the accountability in that?

I'm not going to kick a door down but I'm not going to be silent the rest of my life either.

I guess telling the truth gets you a good Rebuke from a screen name...

Unless Doyle sent the message to your end box I would ignore it. You have as much right to post on this board, anything that you have to say, as anyone else.
Acts-dicted
7/16/13 11:32 am

Post theElder
I sent you that private message, Brother. I think you kinda mischaracterized what I said so I will post it in its entirety below.

Private message to Brother Boggs:

You wrote: " My point is I wanted to have a conversation with the Overseer concerning me returning to Louisville to start a Church."

Really??

And so you thought the best way to accomplish that was to get on Acts and post your troubles!

Of all the things you could do to get a response from the Overseer I would think posting on Acts would be so far down the list that it would never come up for discussion.

I am truly sorry for all that you are going through, my brother, but you must know that you have made a serious mistake in bringing your situation to the attention of this board.

Human advise, especially the kind that comes from many on this board, is the last thing you need to hear or pay the slightest attention to!

You've completed the restoration process which is what was required of you. I commend you for that.

Someone has suggested you contact the TN Overseer and see if he would be willing to be a go-between with the KY Overseer. If it is not already too late that would be an excellent step to take.

Ultimately you will have to heed the voice of the Lord in what direction you are to take.

I think it is a major mistake for you to continue to talk to folks from your former church. That are very selfishly trying to get you back in Louisville. For the most part those folks aren't really concerned whether it is God's will for that to happen or not.

I pray that God will speak to you clearly and powerfully as to what He wants you to do and afterward that you will have the courage and strength to do whatever He says!
Acts Enthusiast
7/16/13 12:05 pm

Post David Boggs
Theelder

When folks talk to me from my old church who still attend there I tell them to support the pastor.

I'm not pursuing them. I have never said that.

My point was caring for the hundreds of people who were just dropped and left my old church a long time ago.
Acts-celerater
7/16/13 12:28 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
David Boggs wrote:

David,

I get a bad feeling when you say people are lying, misleading and manipulating.

With all due respect, who is it that promised you would be restored to the pastorate at the end of the restoration process? I have never heard that was promised to anyone.

So you have offered to start a COG to the overseer and he won't call you back? Is there some reason(s) why he would no longer want you to pastor a COG. I don't know. Do you?

Believe me - it is sobering to know that overseers aren't knocking down the doors to get you into a church or mission. I know. I have been there. I went to see an overseer once - we had a great meeting - he told me he would call me soon - he didn't - then he got a position on the Executive Committee. I never counted it as lying - in fact, I still believe in the guy - I just counted it as I was not the priority I thought I was - other people came first.

I wasn't near as valuable a cog in the COG as I thought.
It hurt man.

So I understand your hurt.

I don't remember a lot about the rest of your story - but I do know you had a side business of rebuilding damaged homes - that went bankrupt and a lot of people lost money - including yourself. Seems like you were sued over those results - which happened to a lot of folks doing any type of business in Florida. Do you still have that business - or have you started another business that would make the overseer afraid it would take you off task for starting / taking over a church.

Is your personal life showing the fruits that the overseer is looking for in COG men? I don't know and am not accusing you in any way. While a 1 year restoration process is difficult - does it tell the whole story - is there an observation of the ability to be a servant that is still lacking?

If you were the overseer - wouldn't you check into those things?

So - at the end of the day - you say the overseer won't call you back. I say - perhaps he has reasons.

I would hope he would give those to you. I know I wish my overseer had done that.

I wish the overseer had told me, "NBF - you are not our kind of guy - you aren't up to the caliber of man that is needed to pastor in the COG - thanks - and have a nice life". In many ways that would have been better for me.

However, either way - I never felt like he was lying, misleading, etc... I just wasn't what he was looking for. Perhaps you need to accept the same - and like I said a while back - send him a note - and move on.
7/17/13 4:07 pm

Post theElder
That is an awesome post, NBF.

You've hit on several points that Brother Boggs and several others on this board who seem to jump at the chance to accuse leadership of lying needs to consider.

I wonder how church members of these same posters could accuse them of lying because of some commitment that was made and then forgotten about or couldn't be followed through on but the member was never informed.

When it comes to being hurt by someone we are our own worst enemy because many times we continually rehash what happened and how we were done wrong.

In other words we do the same thing that we advise others not to do!
Acts Enthusiast
7/18/13 10:33 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.