Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Buck Marshall resigns, surrenders credentials
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post ????? Bullseye77
OK. I am out of the loop. I am not familiar with the minister or the church. But I have questions. What are the specific issues that led up to this event? I am curious as to what disagreement there is between the pastor and the denomination. What does the pastor want to do that he cannot do within the denomination? What roadblocks, if any, have been thrown up by the denomination that impeded the progress that was being made by the church and pastor? Are there really limitations to ministry within the church? Just to simplify it all, what's the problem? No moral failure on the part of the pastor. Apparently, no conflict between pastor and congregation, at least with the leadership. So what specifically brought this about?
7/2/13 8:21 am

Post Bro Bob
I have no clue and don't personally know Buck, though we have had conversations on acts.

5th Generation CoG.

Agenda item #1, passed at the last GA established an "affiliate" status for congregations not in the CoG to come in with only one difference: They retain ownership of their property.

Cleveland holding the deed has long been held to be a preventative against pastors taking a church independent, as was keeping Church of God in the name of the church. Can anyone think of one example of this happening at a church that still had CoG in their name?

I have long held that being CoG, yet having members who don't know that, is deceitful and cannot be blessed. And being CoG but ignoring the business practices laid out in the MINUTES for every church to follow is infidelity... not keeping your word. This cannot be blessed either.

Information about the situation out there in Texas is not before me, but I can't think of one legitimate reason for any pastor of any CoG to leave the church and take "his" congregation with him to a nearby location.

I don't know Buck like I know Tom or Travis, but this feels very much like hearing one of them had done this.

Lord knows I have had plenty to say against the actions of State and International officials. But this ain't right. The house is dividing against itself.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
7/2/13 8:52 am

Post sheepdogandy
So far this thread is long on tease and short on specifics.

If his encounter with a state overseer was anything like mine, he has a very good reason to leave.

But, since no one is going to divulge specific information, we are left to speculate.

I ain't fishing, just making an observation.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/2/13 9:03 am

Post Bro Bob JLarry
Quote:
But this ain't right. The house is dividing against itself.

Bro we do not know what is right or wrong in this case.

We will know the facts soon. Until then we should not speculate who is right or who is wrong.
Acts Mod
7/2/13 12:00 pm

Post Time line from Buck Matt Boyd
I just spoke with Buck and he wanted me to let you all know that he will post the timeline and further explanation late tonight. Friendly Face
7/2/13 5:33 pm

Post Re: Time line from Buck mytimewillcome
Matt Boyd wrote:
I just spoke with Buck and he wanted me to let you all know that he will post the timeline and further explanation late tonight.

All of us later tonight....

Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
7/2/13 6:35 pm

Post Daniel Rushing
I was made aware of the details last night and was grieved in my spirit. I was heart broken and angry. I will most likely not stay up late for the timeline, and don't need to as I pretty much have a solid grasp on what went down. So, let me say this now before the post is out and the hounds let loose.

I pray that something can be done to undo this act of unrighteousness on behalf of some leaders in our church. Secondly, I hope that all those who decide to choose sides and defend the actions of one or the other, to remember that in the end we are talking about humans, who have families, and churches, and ministries, and we must remain considerate. Finally, if things do not change, I fear (and will be disgusted) that a precedent has been set that is not only unrighteous, but destructive to our continued viability as a Spirit filled movement. My prayers are with Buck, his family, and his church.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/2/13 9:13 pm

Post JLarry
Did I miss Bucks post or was it removed? Acts Mod
7/3/13 7:56 am

Post AnOnYmOuS4ArEaSoN
Man...this was like waking up on Christmas morning and not having any presents under the tree.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Friendly Face
7/3/13 8:09 am

Post Posting the update for this community is not #1 on his list Matt Boyd
He will get to it when he gets to it. Smile

This is a good lesson in patience! Enjoy!
Friendly Face
7/3/13 8:44 am

Post Re: Posting the update for this community is not #1 on his l Dave Dorsey
Matt Boyd wrote:

ROFL
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/3/13 8:48 am

Post Re: Posting the update for this community is not #1 on his l bonnie knox
Matt Boyd wrote:

My patience was working fine until you posted explicitly telling us that Buck was going to post a timeline last night. Since I thought that meant last night, I expected it last night. Without your post, I would have continued patiently waiting for someone who knew to the details to be forthcoming.
If there's a lesson for us in patience, surely there's a lesson for you in there somewhere. Confused

Quote:
I just spoke with Buck and he wanted me to let you all know that he will post the timeline and further explanation late tonight. [posted 5:33 p.m. July 2]

Last edited by bonnie knox on 7/3/13 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/3/13 9:03 am

Post SouthGeorgiaBoy
Daniel Rushing wrote:
I was made aware of the details last night and was grieved in my spirit. I was heart broken and angry. I will most likely not stay up late for the timeline, and don't need to as I pretty much have a solid grasp on what went down. So, let me say this now before the post is out and the hounds let loose.

I pray that something can be done to undo this act of unrighteousness on behalf of some leaders in our church. Secondly, I hope that all those who decide to choose sides and defend the actions of one or the other, to remember that in the end we are talking about humans, who have families, and churches, and ministries, and we must remain considerate. Finally, if things do not change, I fear (and will be disgusted) that a precedent has been set that is not only unrighteous, but destructive to our continued viability as a Spirit filled movement. My prayers are with Buck, his family, and his church.

So you talked with the State Overseer too? Just wondering if you got both sides of the story before coming to a conclusion.
Acts Enthusiast
7/3/13 9:03 am

Post Re: Posting the update for this community is not #1 on his l Matt Boyd
bonnie knox wrote:
Matt Boyd wrote:

My patience was working fine until you posted explicitly telling us that Buck was going to post a timeline last night. Since I thought that meant last night, I expected it last night. Without your post, I would have continued patiently waiting for someone who knew to the details to be forthcoming.
If there's a lesson for us in patience, surely there's a lesson for you in there somewhere. Confused

Quote:
I just spoke with Buck and he wanted me to let you all know that he will post the timeline and further explanation late tonight. [posted 5:33 p.m. July 2]

That's what he asked me to put on here. Should I drive 5 hour north and open up a big barrel of whoop butt on him for not getting it on here?
Laughing
Friendly Face
7/3/13 9:07 am

Post Two sides SPORTSFAN
We need to remember that there are two sides to this situation. Before we get crazy, there are lots of details that we don't know. Hey, DOC
7/3/13 9:51 am

Post bonnie knox
Quote:
That's what he asked me to put on here. Should I drive 5 hour north and open up a big barrel of whoop butt on him for not getting it on here?

That hadn't crossed my mind, actually. But now that you mentioned it...
Cool
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/3/13 9:53 am

Post Matt Boyd
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

Cool

Send me the Gas money --- to Matt Boyd Ministries Inc. Smile
Friendly Face
7/3/13 10:19 am

Post I haven't gone to sleep..... caseyleejones
Still waiting..... Acts-perienced Poster
7/3/13 10:25 am

Post bonnie knox
Matt Boyd wrote:
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:

Cool

Send me the Gas money --- to Matt Boyd Ministries Inc. Smile

I'll send you a postdated check, lol.
The gas prices are killing me, too.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/3/13 10:32 am

Post I frankly have more important things to do .. Rafael D Martinez
.. and will have the rest of the week.

Sure, I'm curious and saddened by all of this.

But living on the edge of my seat waiting with dry mouth and elevated heartbeat at a computer to hear this kind of thing? Please.

I fail utterly to see the draw of waiting on the shoe to drop here or making this more dramatically framed than it really has been. When the parties involved get to it, they will get to it.

To quote the famous Southern theologian Bubba McJunkin, from Tellico Plains .. "Y'all just chill, willyuns?"

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
7/3/13 10:36 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.