Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is Invoking the Lord's Blood for Protection Biblical?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is Invoking the Lord's Blood for Protection Biblical? Link
Have you ever known people to 'pray the blood of Jesus' on other people, for example, over their kids while praying for them? Or at an altar call, the preacher prays for God to cover people with the blood of Jesus? Or someone wanting to cast a demon out of a house after more than one person has a nightmare prays for the house to be covered with the blood of Jesus?

I can't find scripture for referring to the blood of Jesus like this. His blood is holy, so I think we should be very careful. Paul does write about the blood of Jesus being a propitiation. The apostles cast out demons in Jesus' name, not by declaring they were putting the blood of Jesus on people or objects.

I can't think of any scripture for this. The Bible does say they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony, but I don't see how that means overcoming him by declaring the the blood of Jesus is poured over yourself or things you want to protect.

What do you think about this? Is there something dangerous or disrespectful about doing these things? Do you think it's just neutral? Does anyone think it's Biblical? If so, can you show me scriptural case for it?
6/14/13 5:56 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I've always heard it as "pleading the blood." I haven't found any instance in Scripture for how it is typically used as a prayer for protection, usually over a family member who has gone astray. I certainly do believe we can pray for the Lord's protection over others (even then, we have no guarantee that we will be free from suffering and loss in this life) but the only thing I've seen in Scripture of anything similar to "pleading the blood" is for forgiveness and cleansing for one's own sins, as in 1 John 1:5-9. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/14/13 7:20 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Asking the Lord to "cover us in his blood" or "pleading the blood" for protection is unBiblical and demonstrates a shallow understanding of what the blood accomplished.

I have this same argument with guys in the UPC who preach "the blood is applied at baptism".

It amazes me how many preachers actually teach that at some point in the conversion experience that literal blood is applied to anyone, or that the blood of Jesus literally exists today. They take the song seriously that says "There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Immanuel's veins..."

In short, there is no blood to be applied to anyone , so pleading it won't help you.

The blood of Jesus was shed 2000 years ago and it accomplished its purpose. It's "power" is that it will forever remain the only offering that satisfied the demands of God's justice. It's work can never be any more complete than it is now. Because Jesus made that offering, we can be a habitation of a holy God by his Spirit. The LITERAL cleansing of the sinner's heart is by the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit. But the Spirit creates within us a clean heart "BY" (or "on account of") the blood of Jesus.

How does the Spirit cleanse us? By the blood.
How does the blood cleanse us? By the Spirit.

This is why there is such a surge of anointing when we sing songs about the blood. The Spirit will always point back to , and give credit to that blood that was shed "once for all" 2000 years ago. The blood will never lose it's power.

If you want protection in life, simply stand on the words of Jesus, "Lo, I am with you always..."
6/14/13 10:39 am

Post Dave Dorsey
^^^ preach!!! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/14/13 11:54 am

Post Ventureforth
Sure worked for mama! Smile
.....Ok, maybe that's not the answer you're looking for.
Actually, I should say that to a young boy it sure sounded spiritual when she said it.
I think I would say that 'pleading the blood" could be used as an acknowledgement and an assertion of faith in the blood that gave us standing and access to the Father.
But in agreement with other posts, I would - venture - that many people didn't completely understand when they "pleaded the blood."

However, I can imagine God understood their intent and their heart and sometimes answered those kind of prayers, whether our not they have all the details right. Maybe, I'm going out on a limb with that, though.
Acts-celerater
6/14/13 9:54 pm

Post Cojak
Ventureforth wrote:
Sure worked for mama! Smile
.....Ok, maybe that's not the answer you're looking for.
Actually, I should say that to a young boy it sure sounded spiritual when she said it.
I think I would say that 'pleading the blood" could be used as an acknowledgement and an assertion of faith in the blood that gave us standing and access to the Father.
But in agreement with other posts, I would - venture - that many people didn't completely understand when they "pleaded the blood."

However, I can imagine God understood their intent and their heart and sometimes answered those kind of prayers, whether our not they have all the details right. Maybe, I'm going out on a limb with that, though.

That is the correct answer, cause it worked for my mama too! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/14/13 11:13 pm

Post The Late T.L. Osborne Mark Ledbetter
claimed to have coined the phrase while a missionary in Africa, siting examples of coming against oppressive spirits he and his wife encountered.

Somehow it became a mantra, perhaps it was taught as a "formula" for similar and then became "useful" for many situations.

It has not biblical source other than in prayer it is in reality establishing a relationship with God through the sacrifice of His Son.

Whether it is necessary or not, it is understandable how this could become an earnest approach to come against oppression.

I don't teach it and don't believe it necessary. My issue is trying to make a "doctrine" out of it, especially when it cannot be found in the Apostolic Faith.

"The name of Jesus" seemed to be sufficient.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
6/15/13 2:52 am

Post these thoughts and a few others here: bonnie knox
http://www.actscelerate.com/viewtopic.php?t=51247 [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/13 9:24 am

Post Re: On Pleading the Blood - by Hayford Resident Skeptic
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Pleading The Blood
By Jack Hayford
Text: Exodus 12:5-14

The Passover in the OT Scriptures is the focal point of understanding the power of the blood. All sacrifice that proceeds after that in the Mosaic system is founded on this principle: that through the blood of sacrifice there is deliverance, protection, and a God-provided future. This mighty forecasting picture was fulfilled in the Person of Jesus.

Jesus had not even begun his ministry when, appearing before the waters of baptism, John the Baptist announced of Him: “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29). Everyone present understood the implication of his words, but it was to be difficult for them to come to terms with the idea that the Messiah who is the King is also the sacrifice who is the Lamb. John was raising a signal not only to that day but to all history.

When we deal with the subject of the blood, we are not dealing with some gory residue of ancient human superstition. When we talk about the blood of Christ, we are dealing with that which the Scripture refers to as precious for its transcendent value to address human sin, need, failure, and bondage. Its value is related to the inestimable price of human liberty from spiritual torment. The blood of Jesus is the central economic factor in all human order. So central is it that the Bible says Christ’s blood will theme our praise forever.

Pleading the blood of Jesus

When we talk about “pleading” the blood of Jesus, we are not talking about “begging.” “Pleading the blood” should not be considered a desperation exercise; God has not called us to come begging before Him.

Many of us were raised in an environment where we heard, “Father God, we come under the blood of Jesus. Lord; we cover this matter with the blood of Jesus.” For us, even before we understood its power, we believed in the power of the blood because we knew that Jesus is the Son of God, and the Cross was the instrument of global redemption and provided the possibility of breaking all of hell’s evil.

Pleading the blood of Jesus is not a superstitious application of a magical formula of words. A spiritual dynamic is being applied. It’s important that we understand the reason for the words that we use so that they do not become formula, otherwise one of two things will happen:
  1. It becomes a superstitious exercise in which people are depending on the words they use rather than the understanding that gives the words their power; or
  2. Some people will not use words related to the blood of Jesus because they don’t understand the spiritual dynamic, but that leaves them without a resource they need.

The power of the blood of Jesus Christ is that power that is greater than both the energy of our own humanity and that of our Adversary. The power that saves is also the power that releases, delivers, and neutralizes the enterprises of hell and the weaknesses of the flesh. The appropriation of the power of the blood of Jesus in tough situations is intended for every believer in Christ to know, to understand, and to employ.

There are four things that took place by reason of the blood being put on the doorpost and the lintels in ancient Israel. Those four things have direct application to us today:

1. Protection

First, the blood provided protection (v. 13). With regard to the plagues, God was not dealing vindictively but redemptively. He was seeking to bring two million people out of slavery. (Read article, The Judgment of God Upon Pharaoh.) The Lord’s directive to take a lamb into the house four days—turning it into a beloved pet of the family before it was slain—was laden with emotion. God was teaching a lesson that there is a high and painful price in order for redemption to take place. As much affection as the family had for the lamb, nothing compares to the heart of God who so loved the world He gave his only begotten Son. But this act required by God demonstrated more than the casual or indifferent attitude that can be so characteristic of human beings.

Imagine the blood being drained from that lamb’s small carcass and put into a basin. Then, with the brush of reeds, the slapping of the blood upon the side posts and on the lintel overhead. No one on that side of Calvary could have imagined that it was more than umbrella over the door as it dripped down, but we see from this side a picture of the Cross of ultimate redemption. The Lord was providing a way, not only for Israel’s protection on that occasion, but for the ultimate protection of all mankind from the judgment of death that is upon everyone unless we come under the protective cover of the blood.

2. A means of deliverance

By the blood, there would come the breaking of the yoke of Pharaoh’s strength to retain them, and God’s covenant people were released from bondage, literally overnight. It was a miracle by every measure and has become the central point of worship to this day in Jewish tradition. Every time we come to the Lord’s Table we’re celebrating the same thing of what the Lamb has provided—protection and deliverance.

3. The promise of a new day

The Lord makes this such an important beginning point (v. 2) that our children will ask about it. It relates to future generations. What happens through this blood is going to open the door to a new day for you. You may be right now at what seems to be the end of your own hope and strength. But through the power of the blood, there comes the promise to you, just as it as came to Israel long ago: “This will be the beginning of days to you.” In addition to protection and deliverance, there’s fresh hope in the blood.

4. A witness

As the blood was put over the door, it was a testimony that there was a place of safety for anybody who wanted to come in from out of the circle of death. The record of Scripture is that there were some Egyptians who did. Seeing the power of the God who had already visited fierce judgments upon their land, they believed that He was the God of all, and they fled into the Jewish households.

How is the blood, as its expressed your home, a witness? Is there a different mood and atmosphere in your home than that of the world? We’re not talking about religious pictures on the wall, but something people can sense of the Spirit of the living God because the blood of Jesus covers your household—a witness that invites them into His safety and out of the circle of death.

There was a risk in putting the blood over the outside of their doors. Just imagine what the mockers might have said. Today the world has no more value for the things that fill us with hope and that are at the core of not only our faith, but our release unto life. We’re not people who simply make recitations of creeds. We’re people who have tasted of a power. And that power, having come into our lives is to penetrate our homes. It is the power of the blood that protects, that delivers, that opens a new day, and that is to become a witness of an invitation to others as well.

There is an abiding presence of the power of the blood all the time, in every situation in which we apply it. We are not peddling in the realm of superstition. We are functioning in the realm of the supernatural. Because it’s invisible, it ought not be seen as anything less real than that power that moved through Egypt that night when the host of Egyptians were slain. The next day, there was nobody who thought the people who put blood on their houses were just superstitious. They knew those people had penetrated a realm of divine power that had insulated them from the forces of darkness and death in the land. This is what we mean by pleading the blood of Jesus.

Lay claim to the body of evidence

Pleading the blood of Jesus is a heaven-given resource that grants us a license to stand in dominion over the works of hell. We can use it in the same sense that an attorney stands before the court and makes a “plea” on legal grounds, based upon a body of evidence.

When you and I come before not only the court of Heaven, but in every circumstance we face in life, we have the legal right—through the blood of Jesus Christ—to enter a plea and to lay claim to the evidence—His slain body, His shed blood at the Cross—which is proven to neutralize the power of sin, the power of affliction, the power of death, and the power of hell. It is to that I make my plea when I plead the blood of Jesus, whether I face demonic, physical, or personal attack; whether I face condemnation or the temptation to sin.

There is no circumstance in life to which the blood of Jesus isn’t key to God’s releasing, protecting, resolving power, whether it’s removing the potential of confusion, to overcoming the impact of rebellion, to breaking the torment of fear or the shame of the past. Plead the blood in the understanding sense, with the firepower of the supernatural, and on the basis of the body of evidence: that through the blood of Jesus Christ, all hell has been broken in its power, all sin neutralized, the power of death overwhelmed, and every human need paid for once and for all.

Are you implying that there is literal blood with literal, dynamic power emanating from it?

And where is this blood stored presently?

Why not just ask God to protect you?
6/15/13 4:05 pm

Post bigchurchmouse
We had a pastor several years ago who told his congregation on a regular basis that they should plead the blood of Jesos over their family every morning for their protection for that day. He had a great knowledge of the Bible. It never dawned on me at that time to ask for a scripture reference. He passed away several years ago. Golf Cart Mafia Capo
6/15/13 4:43 pm

Post Link
I heard this in Indonesia. Praying the blood over the food before you eat. I just don't like that, especially if the food we are eating is red.
6/15/13 4:56 pm

Post Link
What would you say if some preacher started praying the crown of thorns on people, and pretended to put it on their head, or pleading the side-wound of Christ over people? I wonder if Pentecostals sound a bit like that when they 'plead the blood' to other evangelicals. Maybe it sounds about like Roman Catholics going on about the sacred heart.
6/15/13 4:58 pm

Post Re: On Pleading the Blood - by Hayford Resident Skeptic
I meant no offense. This has been an area of interest of mine for some time. Do we Pentecostals have our own version of transubstantiation?
6/15/13 8:52 pm

Post In your earlier post MS7777
you asked the question whether the blood shed 2000 years ago still literally existed. My question to you is why wouldn't it still exist?

Read these Scriptures and you might get a feel for what Hayford said which I totally agree with. You are not rightly discerning the POWER of God - He is after all, still SUPER-natural, right?

1Pe 1:2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
Rom 3:25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood--to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished--
Luk 22:20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
Heb 10:19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,

The blood still exists as it is still providing sanctification by the sprinkling of His blood - that is upon th emercy seat in heaven so every believer in any age can still obtain entrance into the Kingdom of God. yes the Blood was efficacious and still is - I believe it's still there on the Mercy Seat and I have no problem, pleading - pointing to the blood as a witness -the blood of Christ over me and my family and my church - in fact I do it every day!!! Before I even get out of bed. And if I'm wrong, well, God looks on the intent of the heart doesn't He? Thank God we have a "bloody" religion. That just gets so many people so upset doesn't it?

Thank You Jesus, for the Blood! Then and now and forever.
6/15/13 9:26 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I have no problem at all with the "bloody religion" we have. While I think Hayford's exposition about the Passover Lamb provides much food for thought (If I understand him correctly, he is saying that pleading the blood is essentially pleading the covenant promises of God--which I have no problem with of course), I simply find no New Testament evidence to support the practice of "pleading the blood" itself. I am certainly open to any evidence from the New Testament scriptures which would support it, whether by direct instruction or by example; i.e., believers in Acts "pleading the blood," or another New Testament writer referring to pleading the blood in a similar way to how it is generally practiced among Pentecostals and charismatics in our day.

I do of course agree with the plain scriptural fact that our sins are cleansed by the blood of the Lamb as we repent of them, that the blood applied cleanses even our conscience, and that there is no other sacrifice for sin but the precious blood of Christ.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 6/15/13 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/13 10:44 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Link wrote:
What would you say if some preacher started praying the crown of thorns on people, and pretended to put it on their head, or pleading the side-wound of Christ over people? I wonder if Pentecostals sound a bit like that when they 'plead the blood' to other evangelicals. Maybe it sounds about like Roman Catholics going on about the sacred heart.

That would be goofy and completely without scriptural warrant, since we have nothing in Scripture which says we are cleansed and saved by the crown of thorns or by His wounded side per se.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/13 10:54 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I have no problem at all with the "bloody religion" we have. While I think Hayford's exposition about the Passover Lamb provides much food for thought (If I understand him correctly, he is saying that pleading the blood is essentially pleading the covenant promises of God--which I have no problem with of course), I simply find no New Testament evidence to support the practice of "pleading the blood" itself. I am certainly open to any evidence from the New Testament scriptures which would support it, whether by direct instruction or by example; i.e., believers in Acts "pleading the blood," or another New Testament writer referring to pleading the blood in a similar way to how it is generally practiced among Pentecostals and charismatics in our day.

I do of course agree with the plain scriptural fact that our sins are cleansed by the blood of the Lamb as we repent of them, that the blood applied cleanses even our conscience, and that there is no other sacrifice for sin but the precious blood of Christ.

Again, are our sins cleansed by the blood in a literal sense, or is it in a real sense? Are we saying that the blood of Jesus literally has some sort of power to cleanse, is literally applied to people, etc...or is its power to cleanse based on the fact that, because Christ was sinless, that God counts are sins as having been washed by that blood? Are you following my reason?

Yes, we are cleansed BY (on account of) the blood, but is blood literally applied to a conscience (an abstract thing to begin with)?

MS777 said....

Quote:
I believe it's still there on the Mercy Seat and I have no problem, pleading - pointing to the blood as a witness -the blood of Christ over me and my family and my church - in fact I do it every day!!!

But is it emanating some sort of power, or is its power based on hoe God reckons it?
Quote:

so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. (Hebrews 9:28)

Our sins were taken away at Calvary. That's when the blood did its work. We accept that by faith by obeying the gospel. Our LITERAL transformation comes by the indwelling Spirit of God, which is BY that blood.
6/16/13 1:22 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
If you're asking is the actual physical substance somehow physically sprinkled on us to cleanse us, I can't imagine a much sillier question.

We are truly cleansed of our sins before God by the blood of Jesus Christ when we repent and trust in Him for it.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/13 8:14 am

Post Re: On Pleading the Blood - by Hayford Nature Boy Florida
Tom Sterbens wrote:
Pleading The Blood
By Jack Hayford
Text: Exodus 12:5-14

The Passover in the OT Scriptures is the focal point of understanding the power of the blood. All sacrifice that proceeds after that in the Mosaic system is founded on this principle: that through the blood of sacrifice there is deliverance, protection, and a God-provided future. This mighty forecasting picture was fulfilled in the Person of Jesus.

Jesus had not even begun his ministry when, appearing before the waters of baptism, John the Baptist announced of Him: “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world” (John 1:29). Everyone present understood the implication of his words, but it was to be difficult for them to come to terms with the idea that the Messiah who is the King is also the sacrifice who is the Lamb. John was raising a signal not only to that day but to all history.

When we deal with the subject of the blood, we are not dealing with some gory residue of ancient human superstition. When we talk about the blood of Christ, we are dealing with that which the Scripture refers to as precious for its transcendent value to address human sin, need, failure, and bondage. Its value is related to the inestimable price of human liberty from spiritual torment. The blood of Jesus is the central economic factor in all human order. So central is it that the Bible says Christ’s blood will theme our praise forever.

Pleading the blood of Jesus

When we talk about “pleading” the blood of Jesus, we are not talking about “begging.” “Pleading the blood” should not be considered a desperation exercise; God has not called us to come begging before Him.

Many of us were raised in an environment where we heard, “Father God, we come under the blood of Jesus. Lord; we cover this matter with the blood of Jesus.” For us, even before we understood its power, we believed in the power of the blood because we knew that Jesus is the Son of God, and the Cross was the instrument of global redemption and provided the possibility of breaking all of hell’s evil.

Pleading the blood of Jesus is not a superstitious application of a magical formula of words. A spiritual dynamic is being applied. It’s important that we understand the reason for the words that we use so that they do not become formula, otherwise one of two things will happen:
  1. It becomes a superstitious exercise in which people are depending on the words they use rather than the understanding that gives the words their power; or
  2. Some people will not use words related to the blood of Jesus because they don’t understand the spiritual dynamic, but that leaves them without a resource they need.

The power of the blood of Jesus Christ is that power that is greater than both the energy of our own humanity and that of our Adversary. The power that saves is also the power that releases, delivers, and neutralizes the enterprises of hell and the weaknesses of the flesh. The appropriation of the power of the blood of Jesus in tough situations is intended for every believer in Christ to know, to understand, and to employ.

There are four things that took place by reason of the blood being put on the doorpost and the lintels in ancient Israel. Those four things have direct application to us today:

1. Protection

First, the blood provided protection (v. 13). With regard to the plagues, God was not dealing vindictively but redemptively. He was seeking to bring two million people out of slavery. (Read article, The Judgment of God Upon Pharaoh.) The Lord’s directive to take a lamb into the house four days—turning it into a beloved pet of the family before it was slain—was laden with emotion. God was teaching a lesson that there is a high and painful price in order for redemption to take place. As much affection as the family had for the lamb, nothing compares to the heart of God who so loved the world He gave his only begotten Son. But this act required by God demonstrated more than the casual or indifferent attitude that can be so characteristic of human beings.

Imagine the blood being drained from that lamb’s small carcass and put into a basin. Then, with the brush of reeds, the slapping of the blood upon the side posts and on the lintel overhead. No one on that side of Calvary could have imagined that it was more than umbrella over the door as it dripped down, but we see from this side a picture of the Cross of ultimate redemption. The Lord was providing a way, not only for Israel’s protection on that occasion, but for the ultimate protection of all mankind from the judgment of death that is upon everyone unless we come under the protective cover of the blood.

2. A means of deliverance

By the blood, there would come the breaking of the yoke of Pharaoh’s strength to retain them, and God’s covenant people were released from bondage, literally overnight. It was a miracle by every measure and has become the central point of worship to this day in Jewish tradition. Every time we come to the Lord’s Table we’re celebrating the same thing of what the Lamb has provided—protection and deliverance.

3. The promise of a new day

The Lord makes this such an important beginning point (v. 2) that our children will ask about it. It relates to future generations. What happens through this blood is going to open the door to a new day for you. You may be right now at what seems to be the end of your own hope and strength. But through the power of the blood, there comes the promise to you, just as it as came to Israel long ago: “This will be the beginning of days to you.” In addition to protection and deliverance, there’s fresh hope in the blood.

4. A witness

As the blood was put over the door, it was a testimony that there was a place of safety for anybody who wanted to come in from out of the circle of death. The record of Scripture is that there were some Egyptians who did. Seeing the power of the God who had already visited fierce judgments upon their land, they believed that He was the God of all, and they fled into the Jewish households.

How is the blood, as its expressed your home, a witness? Is there a different mood and atmosphere in your home than that of the world? We’re not talking about religious pictures on the wall, but something people can sense of the Spirit of the living God because the blood of Jesus covers your household—a witness that invites them into His safety and out of the circle of death.

There was a risk in putting the blood over the outside of their doors. Just imagine what the mockers might have said. Today the world has no more value for the things that fill us with hope and that are at the core of not only our faith, but our release unto life. We’re not people who simply make recitations of creeds. We’re people who have tasted of a power. And that power, having come into our lives is to penetrate our homes. It is the power of the blood that protects, that delivers, that opens a new day, and that is to become a witness of an invitation to others as well.

There is an abiding presence of the power of the blood all the time, in every situation in which we apply it. We are not peddling in the realm of superstition. We are functioning in the realm of the supernatural. Because it’s invisible, it ought not be seen as anything less real than that power that moved through Egypt that night when the host of Egyptians were slain. The next day, there was nobody who thought the people who put blood on their houses were just superstitious. They knew those people had penetrated a realm of divine power that had insulated them from the forces of darkness and death in the land. This is what we mean by pleading the blood of Jesus.

Lay claim to the body of evidence

Pleading the blood of Jesus is a heaven-given resource that grants us a license to stand in dominion over the works of hell. We can use it in the same sense that an attorney stands before the court and makes a “plea” on legal grounds, based upon a body of evidence.

When you and I come before not only the court of Heaven, but in every circumstance we face in life, we have the legal right—through the blood of Jesus Christ—to enter a plea and to lay claim to the evidence—His slain body, His shed blood at the Cross—which is proven to neutralize the power of sin, the power of affliction, the power of death, and the power of hell. It is to that I make my plea when I plead the blood of Jesus, whether I face demonic, physical, or personal attack; whether I face condemnation or the temptation to sin.

There is no circumstance in life to which the blood of Jesus isn’t key to God’s releasing, protecting, resolving power, whether it’s removing the potential of confusion, to overcoming the impact of rebellion, to breaking the torment of fear or the shame of the past. Plead the blood in the understanding sense, with the firepower of the supernatural, and on the basis of the body of evidence: that through the blood of Jesus Christ, all hell has been broken in its power, all sin neutralized, the power of death overwhelmed, and every human need paid for once and for all.

I heartily concur. Thanks for sharing Tom.
6/16/13 2:35 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
If you're asking is the actual physical substance somehow physically sprinkled on us to cleanse us, I can't imagine a much sillier question.

We are truly cleansed of our sins before God by the blood of Jesus Christ when we repent and trust in Him for it.

Wyatt, i'm not asking if any actual physical substance is applied. I'm clarifying what other posters believe on that very point.
6/16/13 9:12 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.