Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why are you NOT in agreement with OSAS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post OSAS is not different, really, than what we believe... Aaron Scott
Let me qualify that....

First, Quiet Wyatt, while I have no doubt that you heard that Baptists believe you MUST sin daily, I have never heard that (though I have Baptists in my family and attended Baptist private school). Now, they may think you CAN sin daily, or might think you DO sin daily, but I've never heard of MUST sin daily. Just my little two cents to the matter.

Now, on to OSAS being of no real difference than what we believe....

1) To my knowledge, it has NEVER been the intent of OSAS believers to imply that you can go around and sin to your heart's content and no be lost. I have never heard anyone claim that. I have a feeling that it may be the version that WE (non-OSAS believers) have put out there about OSAS. Kind of like how some Oneness believers portray trinitarians as believing in three gods, etc. That is, we have likely presented the OSAS case in it's most extreme and repugnant form.

2) Most OSAS believers that I know would claim that if you "got saved" and then started living in adultery...you were never really saved to begin with, and will go to hell unless you DO really get saved.

3) If the above is the case, that means that a OSAS believer thinks that if you got saved and live like the devil then you actually lost. THE SAME THING WE BELIEVE, except we accept that you MIGHT have been saved earlier, but backslid. Either way, both types of believers think that those who practice sin are NOT saved. Viola!

4) Both agree that a person can be a very good person...and not be saved. But they also believe that IF you are actually saved, you will probably live a pretty decent life.

Granted, it's not a perfect match, but it winds up being almost the same: Saved people ACT like saved people.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/25/13 6:02 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I suppose my experience was more with the Calvinistically oriented Baptists, Aaron. (Though simply substitute foreknowledge as typically taught and believed by most Arminians and the difference is minute if not nonexistent really).

If everything is predestined, and if due to the sinful nature we inherit from original sin we never can stop sinning until we leave these mortal, sinful bodies, and if it is the height of arrogance to ever say you don't sin every day, it then follows that one must sin every day. Saying that everyone does sin every day, if everything is predestined, etc., is saying one must.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
4/26/13 2:43 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.