Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Let's have dialog about same-sex marriage
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Let's have dialog about same-sex marriage Eddie Robbins
Other than spiritually for the country, and as a citizen, how would legalizing same-sex marriage affect you personally? Would it violate any of your rights? Acts-pert Poster
3/26/13 4:54 pm

Post theElder
Would it affect me personally? No

Would it violate any of my rights? No

But neither would someone killing you. Smile

But that doesn't make either one right in and of itself!
Acts Enthusiast
3/26/13 4:58 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Someone killing me would violate my rights and the rights of my family. Acts-pert Poster
3/26/13 5:02 pm

Post theElder
Absolutely. It would be terrible but it wouldn't affect me at all because I don't know you and wouldn't even know that it had happened. Acts Enthusiast
3/26/13 5:21 pm

Post Cojak
It would not affect me personally.
It would not violate my rights.
I do not like it, but neither do I like crooked politicians.

It bothers me because I do not like the acceptance of something that is distasteful to me.

I could list many things that are distasteful and many are sinful. But until I am forced to get personally involved and those things are distasteful, I can accept the fact that they/it is the law and legal. Twisted Evil
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/26/13 5:21 pm

Post Link
Rights?

Do we have a right not to see two men or two women kissing each other on street corners? Shouldn't that be considered a basic human right?

Shouldn't we have a right not to have to explain to our children why people of the same gender show inappropriate vile affection?

As far as our rights are concerned, the government creating an instrument for legal unions to justify perversion and lying by calling them 'marriage' may not violate our own personal 'rights' per se, but I could see how society and the government could move toward persecuting Christians for disagreeing. Canada is already an unfriendly place for preaching against unrighteousness. How long will it be before preachers lose their tax exempt status or even go to jail for 'hate speech"?
3/26/13 5:23 pm

Post I enjoy reading the dialogue on this debate..... caseyleejones
...I said reading ...not writing.....

I've heard more than once how preachers, with great bravado, will proclaim how they will go to jail before they stop preaching against homosexuality or go to jail before they marry a gay couple...yada yada...yada....

...yet, are silent on divorce.

I have yet to see the state force ministers to do anything they don't want to do. So what is the worst implication? .....churches lose your tax exempt status maybe???? So what.

It's likely ministers won't get the housing and other exemptions the rest of us don't get. Again, so what. It was a good run for ministers.

Losing tax exemption is not persecution.
Acts-perienced Poster
3/26/13 5:25 pm

Post Sorry, no it would not violate my rights.... caseyleejones
The best way to present God's ultimate design of marriage is to live it. I have been married for over 20 years to the same woman, my kids serve God and are active in church.

Maybe if christian people would show the best and Gods ultimate design, why choose substandard.
Acts-perienced Poster
3/26/13 5:28 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
My goal is not to debate but to have dialog that we can all learn from.

A question for Link. Do you that all of a sudden folks will be kissing each other because they are legally married? Don't they already do that now? It would probably cause them to do less of it just like in a heterosexual marriage. Kids who aren't married are the ones kissing in public. Once they are married, that pretty much stops, doesn't it?

I am trying to look into the future at what it would be like if same-sex marriage was the law of the land. How different would our lives be on an every day basis. They already live together. They already have sex. They are already there, working, teaching and living life. How does the legal marriage make it different for us? If you have a gay couple living down the street, how would it be different for you if they had a marriage license?
Acts-pert Poster
3/26/13 5:38 pm

Post Patrick Harris
Doesn't bother me.

Doesn't affect my marriage or my faith.

Doesn't violate any rights on my behalf..
Acts Enthusiast
3/26/13 5:38 pm

Post Re: Sorry, no it would not violate my rights.... Cojak
caseyleejones wrote:
The best way to present God's ultimate design of marriage is to live it. I have been married for over 20 years to the same woman, my kids serve God and are active in church.

Maybe if christian people would show the best and Gods ultimate design, why choose substandard.

Good points! Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/26/13 5:47 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Are there financial considerations for us as citizens? It seems as though there are people who don't get married because they lose certain benefits. Wouldn't this be true for same-sex marriages and if they did get married, it would be a less of a burden on the rest of us....or is that true? Acts-pert Poster
3/26/13 5:57 pm

Post Isn't marriage more defined by religion? caseyleejones
Civil unions might be more in line with govt sanctioned couples. Acts-perienced Poster
3/26/13 6:13 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
What if civil unions were what they were all called? It could even be 2 sisters. Just a contract between 2 people. Then, let the church decide what is marriage. Of course, there will be churches that will preform same-sex marriage but we believe in freedom of religion, right?

Is this the answer? That being the case, a couple could marry in church and never submit a civil union with the government. Would this just be a big mess?
Acts-pert Poster
3/26/13 6:19 pm

Post philunderwood
The government does not have an anointing to sanction or solemnize marriages. All government "marriage" is simply a legalized and legitimized civil union. Only the presence of God and the spiritual authority of the Church of Jesus Christ, or (I believe) a Jewish synagogue, can join men and women together in sacred union. I also give assent to other religious weddings because of the intent of the couple to have divine blessing.

So, I am in favor of gay and hetero civil unions for legal and community purposes. Let's just not call any governmental activity a marriage, or sacred union, which is what a marriage is.

Discover More...
http://www.refocusing.org

A Mission in Formation
www.bluewaterinthekeys.com
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
3/26/13 11:43 pm

Post Brandon Bowers
philunderwood wrote:
The government does not have an anointing to sanction or solemnize marriages. All government "marriage" is simply a legalized and legitimized civil union. Only the presence of God and the spiritual authority of the Church of Jesus Christ, or (I believe) a Jewish synagogue, can join men and women together in sacred union. I also give assent to other religious weddings because of the intent of the couple to have divine blessing.

So, I am in favor of gay and hetero civil unions for legal and community purposes. Let's just not call any governmental activity a marriage, or sacred union, which is what a marriage is.

Exactly..

BTW... I'm so tired of hearing and reading about this on social media.. It's getting old... Anyone else feel the same way?
3/27/13 4:34 am

Post Yes It Will Affect Me and It Will Affect You FG Minister
If homosexual marriage is legalized, the whole tenor of society will change. What is Biblically sinful will become accepted and even more visible than it is now, if you can imagine that. We will see more and more young people in our churches start believing homosexuality is okay. I will watch as families start dealing with children experimenting with homosexual behavior and some may accept it.

Over the past 20 years we have watched as popular culture has desensitized us to the point we are now sanctioning what God calls sin. I have homosexuals in my family and if they may get legally married, the family dynamic changes as well. Inheritance and other legal rights will come into play.

Everyone of us will be affected when we legalize same sex marriage. Polyamourous relationships will be next, and even bestiality marriage. (This has already been done in India).

Will you be "personally" affected by it? Yes, I think so, unless you live in a cave. God help us all.
Acts-celerater
3/27/13 7:35 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I stopped at the point "Biblical." I had asked for dialog "other than spiritual." Thanks! Acts-pert Poster
3/27/13 7:38 am

Post Would it damage us economically? roughridercog
If we extend the same benefits to homosexual marriage as we do normal marriages? I speak of insurance, pension?
3/27/13 7:52 am

Post Eddie Robbins
That's what I was wondering because I always hear just the opposite. I hear about people all the time that won't get married because they will lose benefits. That is why so many just live together. If that is true, same-sex marriage would actually help. Right? Or not? Acts-pert Poster
3/27/13 7:55 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.