Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

You Have to Agree To This to See COG Finances Online - Why?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: This is a significant step... bonnie knox
KevinWallace wrote:

You will also enjoy knowing that as of 12pm this afternoon a whopping 15 people had viewed the said report.

Can we have an update that we might enjoy?
There should be at least a couple more views since I told our pastor and clerk.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/19/12 6:35 pm

Post Re: Hey, Kevin... georgiapath
Aaron Scott wrote:
Open it up to ALL MEMBERS and see what numbers you get!

I've been saved and a member since 1968...and I can't see the numbers that a 23-year-old Exhorter can see? That is wrong. Period.

It's not only elitist, but it wrongly excludes those who supply the GREAT MAJORITY of the the money for our Church.

The right thing is to just make it public. Put it out there for all to see--perhaps with a disclaimer (if needed) that "Yes, we know there are plenty of areas in which we can and should do better--and we'll be trying to do just that."

As much as I appreciate the openness here, I cannot help but feel a bit insulted that those of us who fund the Church of God, those of us who have been members for nearly a LIFETIME, are not deemed suitable or trustworthy enough see these numbers. Again, that is wrong.

Yep, you're right. We are supposed to just keep giving money and trust them.

Maybe if we all just stopped giving money for a month or two they might realize we are important after all.
Acts-dicted
11/20/12 8:55 am

Post theElder
Well, goergiapath, go ahead and stop giving your money. That's between you and God.

BTW, would you stop complaining about the CoG then? Smile Razz
Acts Enthusiast
11/20/12 10:28 am

Post Travis Johnson
theElder wrote:
Well, goergiapath, go ahead and stop giving your money. That's between you and God.

BTW, would you stop complaining about the CoG then? Smile Razz

There really is zero need for brothers and sisters to diminish or insult one another for asking questions. None of us have arrived so much that we are above being questioned.

In the context of family and safety, we should be above board and embrace one another. Bonnie, Cojak, and the many people who make up are churches shouldn't be talked to that way. We are a better family, a more honorable brotherhood than that.
Acts-dicted
11/20/12 2:15 pm

Post you have to agree to Florida Bishop
The Executive Committee's postion has always been as is now stated in Faith News on the Church of God official web site....

Quote:
Church of God General Overseer Mark Williams stated: “We appreciate the substantial number of ministers and treasurers who have already viewed the documents over the weekend. While the link is password-protected, the information is for all interested members and laity of the local church. Pastors may utilize the information to inform their congregations at their discretion.”

11/20/12 4:15 pm

Post Re: you have to agree to Nature Boy Florida
Florida Bishop wrote:
The Executive Committee's postion has always been as is now stated in Faith News on the Church of God official web site....

Quote:
Church of God General Overseer Mark Williams stated: “We appreciate the substantial number of ministers and treasurers who have already viewed the documents over the weekend. While the link is password-protected, the information is for all interested members and laity of the local church. Pastors may utilize the information to inform their congregations at their discretion.”

Awesome.

Thanks.
11/20/12 4:29 pm

Post local church pastors may want to get ready aprilmay
i think membership is going to expect the same transparency with regards to local church money.

I know a LOT of local churches don't publish their staff individual salaries and for justifiable reasons. Since the COG did this on an international level is it legitimate to expect the same from the state and local level?
Acts Enthusiast
11/27/12 10:14 am

Post Re: local church pastors may want to get ready bonnie knox
aprilmay wrote:
i think membership is going to expect the same transparency with regards to local church money.

I know a LOT of local churches don't publish their staff individual salaries and for justifiable reasons. Since the COG did this on an international level is it legitimate to expect the same from the state and local level?

Absolutely legitimate, and we do. Our church is very transparent. I hope the ones that are not already doing so will make the needed changes.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/27/12 11:15 am

Post it is legitimate, but there are concerns aprilmay
in a larger church setting, if you publish individual salaries, you run the risk of your staff becoming jealous and insecure.

if one staff member makes more $ then another, they may feel like their area of ministry is less valued.

for that reason, most large churches just group salaries in one large salary line

COGHQ did not do that. While i applaud that move, I also believe it would be difficult to do that in a local church setting. Not impossible, but difficult.
Acts Enthusiast
11/27/12 11:25 am

Post have they complied? Joe Nail
in the middle of the report there is a disclaimer that list several ministries that are not included in the report. ministries that are a part of the COG but were left out. i know personally that millions of dollars are passed thru these ministries yearly. so why were they not included in the report?

because they were not spcificly mandated?

because they are stand alone ministries?

because they are cash producing ministries that do not come from the tithe?
11/28/12 9:42 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.