Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

My son just told us he has a boyfriend
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post My son just told us he has a boyfriend imtired
As some of you may remember me by my posts I and my family have been through a lot. Things just keep pouring. My son just told his mom and I that he is bisexual and that he has a boyfriend. This is hard for us. He knows how we feel and that we don't accept this lifestyle. We also told him that we love him and he will be our son no matter what. My son thought that I would blow a gasket and kick him out. He is surprised that I kept my cool but on the inside it is killing both my wife and I. We love our son but we both have told him that we don't know if we could handle meeting the man he is with right now. I did tell him that there is no way I could handle seeing them being affectionate and he understands.

I know pen names get bashed on here. People get attacked for "hiding behind a pen name" when a comment is made that is not agreeable with someone who uses their real name. This is one time I am glad I have a pen name because I know a lot of people that read this message board and they would know who I am. Right now I don't want anyone to know who I am.
8/30/12 5:49 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
praying for you
8/30/12 6:32 pm

Post Re: It has been while since I posted Travis Johnson
imtired wrote:
As some of you may remember me by my posts I and my family have been through a lot. Things just keep pouring. My son just told his mom and I that he is bisexual and that he has a boyfriend. This is hard for us. He knows how we feel and that we don't accept this lifestyle. We also told him that we love him and he will be our son no matter what. My son thought that I would blow a gasket and kick him out. He is surprised that I kept my cool but on the inside it is killing both my wife and I. We love our son but we both have told him that we don't know if we could handle meeting the man he is with right now. I did tell him that there is no way I could handle seeing them being affectionate and he understands.

I know pen names get bashed on here. People get attacked for "hiding behind a pen name" when a comment is made that is not agreeable with someone who uses their real name. This is one time I am glad I have a pen name because I know a lot of people that read this message board and they would know who I am. Right now I don't want anyone to know who I am.

Brother, you're loved and God is more than capable of seeing you, your wife, and your son through this. Love and courage being sent your way.
Acts-dicted
8/30/12 6:47 pm

Post .... caseyleejones
praying for you brother.... Acts-perienced Poster
8/30/12 6:58 pm

Post CDpreach05
Prayng for all of yall. May God guide and direct your steps. New Member
8/30/12 7:07 pm

Post Change Agent
Praying for you and your family. Draw close to the Lord and bask in His love. Acts Enthusiast
8/30/12 7:49 pm

Post Cojak
You have my prayer support as well and my concern for a GOOD answer to the situation.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
8/30/12 7:50 pm

Post tired JLarry
As the Lord reminds me I will pray for you, your wife and your son.

I am so glad Doyle created this board for folks like you to share your burden without having to use your name. I well remember the day I would have loved to have had the opportunity to share on a board like Acts.

Rejoice that you have friends here who will listen to you and pray for you.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
8/30/12 8:00 pm

Post imtired
Thank you all. It's hard not knowing who to talk to. I don't know anyone I can turn to that is experiencing this. It's so hard. I don't want to believe or accept it. I love my son and would lay down my life for him in a minute. I have been spending these pass days since he told us, thinking about him when he was born and growing up. I was so proud when he was born. My wife and I are hurting. Member
8/30/12 8:55 pm

Post Going through something similar? doyle
Possibly there are other viewers who have been through something similar with a child. I'm sure sharing your insight, the pain you have been through and how you coped with it OR are still dealing with it, could be an encouragement to our precious one who made the top post of this thread.

Doyle
writedoyle@yahoo.com
8/31/12 9:53 am

Post Hillbilly
Praying for you and your family. Friendly Face
8/31/12 10:08 am

Post InspiredHillbilly
Praying for you... Will be asking others to pray also....

Zephaniah 3:17

The Greatest Risk... is the Risk of Regret...

Last edited by InspiredHillbilly on 8/31/12 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
8/31/12 10:23 am

Post Eduardo Nieves
Praying for you and your family.
Romanos 8:37
37 Sin embargo, en todo esto somos más que vencedores por medio de aquel que nos amó.

"A Church Without Walls, A Place for All People"
El Nuevo Mana
Eduardo Nieves
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/31/12 10:27 am

Post imtired... diakoneo
As a father of a 18 year old son, I know you must be heart-broken. So often we want to find someone to blame and as fathers when our children make bad decisions, many times we blame ourselves. We should not do that!

You and your wife have brought up your son, doing the best that you could and depending on the grace of God to help you stand. You have prayed for your son that he would make the right decisions and choices, but in the end, he must choose! Don't blame yourself.

Your adversary is Satan...your advocate is Christ and if God is for you???

I am praying for you and your family! Put your son and this situation in God's hands. He is always working ALL things together for GOOD

Love and prayers...
8/31/12 10:37 am

Post Carolyn Smith
I'm hoping you have a trusted pastor friend (or any friend) in your life that you can sit down & share your heart with...or maybe even a counselor. This strikes at the very core of who you are, and you need someone you can be real with.

I'm glad your son has been honest with you and that you have affirmed your love for him, no matter what. Your son is your son, and nothing will change that.

We have had relational problems with my youngest, and I haven't seen him in over two years. Nothing hurts as badly as that...nothing even comes close.

I want to encourage you by saying, "You have not failed. You are not a failure as a parent." Often when our children encounter difficulties in life, we feel we must have failed somewhere along the way. This is not your fault...it is your son's choice. But you still have to live with that choice, and it hurts. God told me once re: my son, "I am bigger than all your mistakes."

The enemy knows our weaknesses, and he plays on them to try to destroy us, destroy our faith. Keep your eyes on the Lord as you walk through this. Our thoughts & prayers are with you.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/31/12 10:58 am

Post Daniel Rushing
Carolyn Smith wrote:
...or maybe even a counselor. This strikes at the very core of who you are, and you need someone you can be real with.

Thumb Up Thumb Up

Agreed! And if you don't, find one before the end of today. It is that important. Last year I decided to go to a Christian counselor about some things that came up in my my life- and I have a VERY close group of Pastor friends and confidants. Going to a counselor was one of the BEST decisions I have ever made in my life.

Having close friends and confidants is a must, for sure. But don't be afraid or ashamed to reach out to a counselor that you can just pour your heart out too and will pray for you and help you get perspective.
8/31/12 11:38 am

Post You And Your Family are In My Prayers as Well ! ChoirMember
I sit here in my chair reading your post and I cannot help but weep in prayer for you, your son and your family. Know this, you have touched many people with your burden and God is listening and He will not fail you.

Father in the Name of Jesus, bless this dear Christian brother and his family. I bind the plans of satan in this family's life, and ask that Your Will be done. I ask You Lord to move with Your mighty power and undertake in this situation. I pray that You would touch the heart and mind of this young man and call him to yourself, convict him of his sin and show Him your grace, power and love. Turn this situation around for Your Glory - in Jesus Name and bless his parents in the meantime, give them peace beyond their understanding. Bring them thru this with YOUR MIGHTY HAND O Lord God , we call on You In the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ , the Son of the Living God - AMEN

You have someone in SC praying for you - Hang in there....
8/31/12 11:59 am

Post Bro Bob
I am reminded of the words of Christ, and the story we call the prodigal son.

I can't read Luke 15 without my heart aching for that father. when he was yet a great way off... These words reveal so much more than what they literally say. They reveal that this father never gave up hope, though he ached. They reveal that he always longed for the day of restoration. They show that not a day went by that his eyes weren't watching the road that a son who had 'come to his senses' would travel on his way home.

No father can make all of life's choices for any of their sons. They are limited in what they can do to fix a situation.

No, my home would not be open to this boyfriend, any more than the father of Luke 15 opened his home to the pigs his son had lived with.

But my eyes would always search the horizon for a son who had come to himself and figured out the price of his lust.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
8/31/12 12:35 pm

Post Link
I'm glad to see everyone is supportive and prayerful for you over this. I'll pray for you, too, and for your son.

Does your son claim to have faith? Has he ever claimed to be a believer, or was he claiming to before telling you this?
8/31/12 1:43 pm

Post chainrattler
Glad to hear that you reassured your son of your love for him.

I would pray for wisdom, the right words and the right time to express to him that because you love him, the most important thing in the world to you is that he inherits eternal life in the kingdom of God.

That is the real issue when it comes to homosexuality (bisexuality is a form of homosexuality), not just "behavior" that we as humans don't approve of or aren't comfortable with, but what it takes to inherit eternal life in the kingdom God. Because the fact is, whether we are homosexual or heterosexual, we are all going to die some day and stand before the judgement seat of Christ, to be judged and rewarded or punished for things we have done while in the body, whether good or bad.

Loving your son 100% in this life without reservation is important, and you should constantly reassure him and demonstrate that love for him, however, facing eternal judgment is equally important, and even as heterosexuals we have to "give up the pleasures of sin for a season" in order to inherit eternal life (it's not just a homosexual thing).

I think where we drop the ball is when we give homosexuals (or any other kind of sinner) the impression that we are just dissatisfied with their behavior in this life, instead of genuinely concerned with their eternal destiny in the life to come. Somehow we need to find a way to bridge that miscommunication and misunderstanding.
Acts-celerater
8/31/12 3:28 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.