Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Proposed Amendment Seeks Re-Structure of Elected Offices
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Tom Sterbens or others in the know... Bowtat
I have a few questions:

1. Was there ever a consideration to decrease the travel budgets of the council of 18 and/or look for alternatives to big travel cost?

2. I don't get payed an honorarium every time I preach at my local church, because it is my job, yet the men we elect and/or appoint to leadership positions do. Why not deduct that amount from the salary they receive from international offices, it would be them getting supplemental payment to do their jobs?

3. I thought music explosion died because it cost too much, then it came back, were did that money come from?

4. what other ideas were discussed? Any ideas?
Friendly Face
5/2/12 10:37 am

Post Re: Ichtus77 Ichthus77
JimmieDavis wrote:
Would your respect of Billy Graham change if you knew he drove a BMW. If so, you don't have respect for him.

Would your respect for your wife (or pastors wife) change if she wore a bathing suit to church? If so, you don't have respect for her. LOL

Acts Enthusiast
5/2/12 10:57 am

Post Ichthus77
Some people just don't feel the need of "status symbols" or a public display
of wealth or "secular cultural approved status brand names" to give them a sense of identity or self-worth or to announce to the world that they've "arrived". However in the present American culture "mold squeeze" pressure, sadly many, many DO.

1 Timothy 6:5-11

Acts Enthusiast
5/2/12 11:13 am

Post can't win... Jason Isaacs
This are the kind of threads on this board that could drive a man crazy. For years we have been saying that we want the TOT cuts to come from the top heavy admin, bureaucracy side, and they propose a motion to do that, and then we start complaining that they want to take away our right to vote.

They can't win for losing. If I'm reading this correctly they want to give the GA the right to vote on eliminating 2 position to free up money. I thought thats what you all wanted?

Whats the problem?

One last thing....Can we please refrain form general statements like

Quote:
An appointed position of Secretary General could take care of that job. Someone like Julian Robinson could easily do that work.

Nothing that these men do is easy, and no one filling multiple jobs would be easy. I don't claim that there isn't fluff in some of our positions and offices, but the idea that our elected officials are on the gravy train and have easy jobs is laughable.

This is the motion to help us with the first 1%. We still got 4% more to go. So don't worry if you are wanting less positions just hang on 4 more years.
Friendly Face
5/9/12 2:44 pm

Post The reduction of personnel... drmrc
I surely hope that no one thought we could have a reduction of the TOT that local churches send to the State and International Offices and that there would be no restructuring, elimination, and merging.

One of the purpose of the realignment of resources was to bring denominational restructuring and hopefully renewal. One of the marks of growing impacting churches, organizations, and denominations is their ability to make necessary changes and transitions.

In regard to the elimination of the two Assistant Directors (World Missions and Youth and Discipleship), this is not a reduction in the allocation that these two departments will receive. The amount of money in the budget for these two positions (salary, housing, expenses, office staff, etc.) will still be in their departmental budgets. It will simply be available to WM and YD to use in their ministries.

One of the challenges we have in the COG is that our system has evolved to the point that management is difficult. Too many "management decisions" have to be sent for approval to the General Council and the General Assembly. These bodies should set policy, procedures, vision and mission and, of course, doctrine. We should not be taking "management decisions" to the GC and GA. It is way too cumbersome and impedes our ability to transition quickly in our world of rapid change. But our system is what it is, and we have to work with it.

The restructuring is not over, and I for one feel that is a very good thing.

Mike Chapman
Friendly Face
5/9/12 5:19 pm

Post Pastor Michael Chapman Bowtat
I am not as connected to the world missions department as I am with the Youth Department. Most of the men from my generation have made and lost their "bones" with in the confines of their programs. So that being said I have an understanding of how that department works.

1. Why not do away with the other guys in that office first? I am in no why trying to throw good men to the street, but I feel weird that my vote is lost and a guy can have a job with a title of "cross cultural" or "urban" and no clue what it is they do.

2. We talk about money and there does not seem to be a cash flow chart provided to us that shows how the youth budget is spent or used. How is the winterfest money spent? What is it going to pay for? Why does international get the bulk of the money made at winterfest if the local youth directors run it and put it on?

3.I might be wrong but youth directors are as popular as women shoulder pads? Now who will run it?

4. I got a letter about a trip to Washington DC for our youth group and it seems to be a "tag along" with American Bible, is this how all the programs are run now? NYLA is now a branch of youth specialties? Teen Talent is now a Lee University summer event sponsored by COG. Those two major programs have been given away in the past four years. What is it that they do now? (see question 3 for also goes with this part as well)

In no way am I saying this is a bad measure, I just fill very uninformed. I am not alone. I want the COG to be an organization that my children will be proud of as I am now. I just feel that a lot of the questions that seem to be raised on this board seem to be asking the one question of "why are we doing this" and it is never answered.

please help.
Friendly Face
5/11/12 9:50 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.