Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

More Mormon Stuff
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post More Mormon Stuff Mark Hardgrove
Saw this on the Miami Herald in the comments section of an article about Romney. For me, this is good enough reason never to vote for a Mormon.

God, One of Many Gods, is An Exalted Man, Who is Married with Many Wives
Mormonism teaches that God is a an exalted man, that he used to be a man on another planet and he is only one of countless gods and that God is married and he brought one of his wives to this world and produces spirit children who then inhabit human bodies at birth.

God Had Sex with Mary
Mormons say God had sex with Mary and produced Jesus! According to Mormonism there was no virgin birth. "The Father came down from heaven...and begat the Savior of the World; for He is the Only Begotten of the Father which could not have been if the Father did not actually beget him in person...The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births of our children; it was the result of natural action. He partook of flesh and blood." (Brigham Young, Journal Of Discourses, Vol. 1 page 238 and8:115)

Man Can Become God
Mormons believe that man can become God! "The Lord created you and me for the purpose of becoming Gods like Himself." Brigham Young (Journal Of Discourses 3:93).

Jesus Was A Polygamist
The reason people "persecuted Jesus Christ, was because he had so many wives; there were Elizabeth and Mary, and a host of others." [Journal of Discourses, Vol 1. ppl 345-346] "The Scripture says the Lord, came walking in the Temple, with HIS TRAIN; I do not know who they
were, unless his wives and children." Brigham Young [Journal of Discourses,Vol.13.pg309]

Jesus and Satan Are Spirit Brothers
Mormons believe that Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers. [Journal of Discourses, 93:21]

Salvation through Joseph Smith
"No man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith...every man and woman must have the certificate of Joseph Smith." [Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, vol. 7, p.289-91]

The Bible Is Not Infallible and Is Not Reliable
Mormons teach that the Bible has many errors and is unreliable and was corrupted in translation and it is not infallible.They believe their Book of Mormon is God's Word. It is “the most correct of any book on earth and the keystone of our religion." Joseph Smith

Polygamy Marriages in Heaven
Mormon’s believe that you can be married to many wives in Heaven.

Baptism for the Dead
Mormon's baptize people in water on behalf of dead people for the forgiveness of their sins.

Mormon's Holy Underwear
Mormons have a Temple Ceremony where the person is given "Mormon
Underwear" that is to protect them against the Evil One.

Joseph Smith, Mormon Founder, Met Jesus
In 1820 Mormon founder Joseph Smith was 14 years old and he said God the Father and Jesus met him outside of New York. Three years later he said an Angel named Moroni inspired him to write the Book of Mormon, which is "another Bible" and "new revelation" of Jesus Christ and it is about an ancient people who came from the middle east to the
Americas. The Mormons follow 2 other books, Doctrine & Covenants & Pearl of Great Price.

Joseph Smith Met John the Baptist
In 1829 Joseph Smith said John the Baptist appeared to him and ordained him.

Christians Are All Wrong...Their Creeds Are An Abomination
Joseph Smith said, Christians were "all wrong... all their creeds were an admonition."

Joseph Smith Greater Than Jesus
Smith said, "I have more to boast of than ever any man had. I am the only man that has ever been able to keep a whole church together since the days of Adam...Neither Paul, John, Peter, nor Jesus ever did. I boast that no man ever did such a work as I"

Joseph Smith:"I Am Impregnable...God is My Right Hand Man"
Smith said, "The whole Earth shall bear me witness that I, like the towering rock in the midst of the ocean, am impregnable...I combat the errors of ages... I solve mathematical problems of universities, with truth, diamond truth; and God is my right hand man... you have got to learn how to be Gods yourselves,"

Brigham Young, Mormon's 2nd Prophet, Creates New ScripturesYoung said, "I have never yet preached a sermon and sent it out that they may not call Scripture. Let me have the privilege of correcting a sermon, and it is as good a scripture"

Mormon Polygamy
After 1852, when the Mormon Church was openly practicing polygamy, the leaders of the church were declaring that it was absolutely essential for exaltation. A revelation given by Joseph Smith, "Ten virgins given unto him [Solomon] by this law, he cannot commit adultery...therefore is he justified."

Joseph Smith A Polygamist...An Adulterer...and A Pedophile Joseph Smith had 33 wives! He married several who were married to other men." Nancy Marinda Johnson married Joseph Smith while her husband, Orson Hyde, was on a mission to Jerusalem." Mary Elizabeth Rollins Lightner, the wife of Adam Lightner, said that Joseph claimed an "angel" came with a "drawn sword" and told him that if
he did not enter into polygamy "he would slay him."

Joseph Smith's youngest wife, Helen Mar Kimball, was 14 years old!!!!

Joseph Smith Wife Da-ned If She Doesn't Accept Polygamy

Joseph Smith prophesied his first and only legal wife Emma would be da-ned or destroyed if she did not accept polygamy (Doctrine & Covenants 132).

Brigham Young 55 Wives and 57 Children Brigham Young, the 2nd Prophet of Mormonism had 55 wives and 57 children!!

Must Commit Polygamy to Become Gods Brigham Young said, "The only men who become Gods, even the Sons of God, are those who enter into polygamy." (Journal of Discourses, vol. 11,269) "If you want to become a god one day you must violate the already given law of God now. "[Doctrine and Covenants132 Verses 62-63]

Must Commit Polygamy or You Will Be Da-ned and Not Enter God's Glory "He that abideth not this law (polygamy) can in no wise enter into my glory, but shall be da-ned, saith the Lord." (D&C,132:27). "Now if any of you deny the plurality of wives, I promise that you will be da-ned." Brigham Young

Mormonism is Not Christian
"Many false prophets will appear and deceive many people."[Jesus Christ,Mt.24:11]
Dean & VP for Academics at BHU
http://www.beulah.org/

Last edited by Mark Hardgrove on 1/31/12 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerater
1/30/12 7:10 pm

Post mytimewillcome
How can the Polygamy teachings you listed be accurate if the practice was terminated in 1890? Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/30/12 7:51 pm

Post I agree 4golf
I agree 100% Mark. If it comes down to Romney od Presdient Obama, I will vote for neither! Bound By Beaulah
1/30/12 8:10 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
A vote for nobody is a vote for Obama. If you feel good about helping Obama, have at it. I will vote for whoever is the Republican nominee. This country CANNOT take 4 more years of Obama and to make some kind of point by not voting for the other candidate is a big mistake. Acts-pert Poster
1/30/12 8:16 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
I vote tomorrow.

I am not electing my next pastor.

I will be voting for Romney.

Here's why:
Mormonism works for Mitt - he has raised a great family. Give me a Mormon family man any day - over a Catholic "not so family" man.

He is committed to his wife.

He has been successful in several endeavors - including saving companies and making them very successful (where possible) and shutting down the ones that could not.

He is right on Israel.

He is right on immigration - no amnesty for illegals, supports E-Verify and a fence on the border.

He doesn't want to colonize the moon - possibly because Mormonism believes each man will get his own planet - whatever the reason - he didn't talk crazy talk regarding NASA while pandering from the Florida vote.

He understands religious persecution and believes in freedom of religion.

He says he is pro life now.

He is not a Washington insider.

He did not take millions from FannieMae - a company that virtually destroyed Florida by flooding the state with cheap oney given to people that could not repay. Every Tom, Dick and Harry was buying them a Florida home - driving way up the prices on the natives - and our property taxes.

He did not call Paul Ryan's blueprint for balancing the budget "right wing social engineering" like Newt did.

He doesn't get flustered in debates.

He can beat Obama.

I voted Mitt 4 years ago - I will again tomorrow.
1/30/12 8:31 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
I vote tomorrow.

I am not electing my next pastor.

I will be voting for Romney.

Here's why:
Mormonism works for Mitt - he has raised a great family. Give me a Mormon family man any day - over a Catholic "not so family" man.

He is committed to his wife.

He has been successful in several endeavors - including saving companies and making them very successful (where possible) and shutting down the ones that could not.

He is right on Israel.

He is right on immigration - no amnesty for illegals, supports E-Verify and a fence on the border.

He doesn't want to colonize the moon - possibly because Mormonism believes each man will get his own planet - whatever the reason - he didn't talk crazy talk regarding NASA while pandering from the Florida vote.

He understands religious persecution and believes in freedom of religion.

He says he is pro life now.

He is not a Washington insider.

He did not take millions from FannieMae - a company that virtually destroyed Florida by flooding the state with cheap oney given to people that could not repay. Every Tom, Dick and Harry was buying them a Florida home - driving way up the prices on the natives - and our property taxes.

He did not call Paul Ryan's blueprint for balancing the budget "right wing social engineering" like Newt did.

He doesn't get flustered in debates.

He can beat Obama.

I voted Mitt 4 years ago - I will again tomorrow.

Makes sense... hope your right my friend
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/30/12 9:13 pm

Post Eddie 4golf
I realize that not voting for Romney is a vote for President Obama.The Word of God tells me to vote for a King" now a President" among the Brethren! Mitt Romney is not a Brother in Christ! He may be your Brother, I don't know! As for as 4 more years of Presdient Obama. I believe God can take care of me no matter who is President! If President Obama getting relected can mess up God He is not the God I have read about in the Bible! I'll stand on the Word of God and trust in Him! Bound By Beaulah
1/30/12 9:17 pm

Post For the Record Mark Hardgrove
I was just reposting for your perusal. Feel free to find fault with it if you will. I didn't write it. However, I know for a fact that much of it is true and if you can vote for a man to lead the country who believes 50 percent of that junk, then go for it. I will never legitimate that religion by putting one in office. It's too weird, too stupid, too out there, and too creepy for me to even think about a vote for it.

Let's put it like this. If Romney said he believed in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, and you could tell he really believed it, would you think he's sane enough to be president? Believing in Mormonism is no less rediculous.

Last edited by Mark Hardgrove on 1/30/12 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerater
1/30/12 9:20 pm

Post Re: For the Record mytimewillcome
Mark Hardgrove wrote:
I was just reposting for your perusal. Feel free to find fault with it if you will. I didn't write it.

There's that PhD coming to good use. Do you think it is a good idea to post things as fact that you don't know to be true?
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/30/12 9:22 pm

Post Mark 4golf
You are not the only mark that feels that way. I heard Dr. Mark Rutland say;" There is no way he could vote for some one that their religion started with Morron! Ha Ha Bound By Beaulah
1/30/12 9:30 pm

Post Some thoughts.... FloridaForever
I told some Mormon missionaries (to my door) that I admired much about their religion--their emphasis on family, their clean living, etc.--but that the whole "God used to be a man" and that there are "many Gods" (which means God has a God!) were utter dealbreakers, as they were contrary with the entire sweep of scripture (and not just a verse here and there).

At the same time, there are many things that Church of God folks FORMALLY espouse as members of the church...but do not practice, etc. For instance, every member supposedly believes wholeheartedly in the trinity...even though most probably cannot define it well enough to get out of Oneness wet paper sack.

We also used to espouse certain beliefs about apparel that many women flagrantly disregarded long before the teachings changed.

That is our formal beliefs do not always align with our practice.

And stop me if you've heard this one: We're a PENTECOSTAL CHURCH that has numerous churches that are EMBARRASSED by Pentecostal manifestations, who haven't had a message in tongues in a long time, etc.

Same with Mormons, I imagine. They may give their assent to beliefs which they don't understand--or certainly don't understand the ramifications.

But let's suppose the Romney DOES understand it all. The TRUTH, I think, is that most Republicans would rather have a conservative Lucifer than a liberal Christian. It has NOTHING to do with religion...everything to do with politics in most cases, I believe.

That's why we'll tolerate Gingrich's adultery and ethics violations...while finding everything we can wrong with Obama who has not nearly done so poorly on ethical matters as Gingrich.

We CLAIM we want Christians. We really want conservatives. Christians need only apply IF they are conservative. After all, how can a Christian be a liberal and into all that take care of the poor stuff?
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
1/30/12 9:42 pm

Post No need to talk in hypotheticals Mark Hardgrove
There isn't a Pentecostal espousing wild ideas running for president, but there is a Moronman who believes in fairy tales.

Ultimately, the Bible says that God puts kings on thrones and takes them off thrones (I assume this applies to presidents as well). My not voting for Romney will not put Obama back in the Whitehouse, God is still in control and He doesn't need my vote or permission to be in control. He's God all by Himself.
Acts-celerater
1/30/12 9:54 pm

Post Flordia 4golf
That what you described is ; " Rich young Ruler christianty"!! It is the same as people that say; " This world is in bad shape because we took the ten commandments out of school, Roe verse Wade. The list goes on and on! The problem they was a problem long before Roe verses Wade and the very first 10 commendments were ever removed from the very first school! The hearts were dead in a big majority of church members long before those two things happen. The answer is right her in these post! People would elect the devil presdient if it would help there money!! read each one of these posts! The Word of God tells us we get the kind of kings the people deserve and two times the Word of God tells us every body did what was right in there own eyes. The U.S deserves President Obama as President! Pastor R.G Lee preaches a sermon there is a pay day some day and our pay day in the U.S has come! You can only be disobediant for so long before God takes you to the wood shed! The U.S is in the wood shed and I don't believe we will come out any time soon! I haven't seen 2 Chronicals 7:14 take place! Bound By Beaulah
1/30/12 10:14 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
I would rather have someone who believes in magic underwear than someone who believes jobs can be created through runaway federal spending and overwhelming debt. If someone's going to believe something silly, I'd rather choose the person whose beliefs aren't harmful at a macroeconomic level. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/30/12 10:26 pm

Post Redneck
I despise politicians and honestly feel that our choices are like picking between syphilis and gonorrhea.

Having said that. My former pastor stated many times from the pulpit about how the FBI likes to hire "Latter Day Saints" due to their high moral character. I don't know I'm just repeating what he stated many times from the pulpit. Fact is Mormon's are indeed good people with a warped sense of what is truth. Either way if Romney wins the GOP, I will vote for him because it is attitudes much like those expressed on here about not voting at all that will give us 4 more years of Change.
1/30/12 10:38 pm

Post Mormonism aside .. Rafael D Martinez
.. Mitt Romney is as big a flip flopping political weather vane as Obama was. He will say and be and do anything to get a vote. He has all the spine of a jellyfish about political conviction. He's no leader in my book.

Maybe the so-called God-fearing GOP pragmatists both here and in the GOP machinery don't care anymore, but the unborn children who have been murdered in Massachusetts never had a chance looking to either them or Mitt to lift a finger for them. Mitt decided it was ok to keep the laws off the bodies of the women who decided they wanted their kids dead, and stopped caring about keeping the laws off the bodies of the kids themselves.

His venture capitalist record has yet to prove that he created thousands of jobs but what it shows is that he made lots of money helping liquidate companies that helped wipe out jobs. So much for the "job creater" .. who has so far shared nothing of any real substance that shows he knows how to lead this company - er - this COUNTRY out of the economic nosedive we're in.

Go ahead, vote for him if you want.

OH wait, Mormonism really ISN'T aside in this thread, so I won't vote to put anyone in office that will legitimize a completely antichristian CULT like Mormonism.

I'll let you fine examples of Christian GOP pragmatism take the plunge. Hope the water isn't too cold for ya.

http://spiritwatchunchained.blogspot.com/2011/09/ask-mitt-romney-this-when-does-he.html

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987

Last edited by Rafael D Martinez on 1/30/12 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
1/30/12 10:46 pm

Post Golf, you don't need to yell "Hole In One" with th Rafael D Martinez
4golf wrote:
The U.S is in the wood shed and I don't believe we will come out any time soon! I haven't seen 2 Chronicals 7:14 take place!

Try HOME RUN .. OUT OF THE PARK

The best post I've seen in months. I cannot amen you enough.

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
1/30/12 10:59 pm

Post M Hargrave said Cojak
Ultimately, the Bible says that God puts kings on thrones and takes them off thrones (I assume this applies to presidents as well). My not voting for Romney will not put Obama back in the Whitehouse, God is still in control and He doesn't need my vote or permission to be in control. He's God all by Himself. end quote

Then using that logic it is silly for anyone, Christian or not, to vote. And all the time I thought these preachers on Acts were serious about who should run.

If God can protect us thru 4 more years of Obama, I assume he could do that for Mitt, if Mitt is such a fool.

If Mitt gets the nod, I will vote for him, but in my opinion we do not have a man on the list at present who can beat Obama. We have already wounded Mitt and Newt so bad, The Democrats don't even need to fire a shot.

To be honest, to post something that is not completely the truth, and say, IT IS NOT MY FAULT, I AM JUST PASTE-ING SOMETHING. Not too consistent with a doctorate.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/30/12 11:39 pm

Post John Jett
We got rid of a King and replaced him with a Constitution folks. The Constitution (and We the People, for that matter!), not the President, is the highest authority in our land. Is it best to have a Christian as president? Lets examine that! Now, who knows any of these men well enough to know that they are not lying to you about their beliefs to get your vote? The rest of us should not worry about the things we can't know for sure as much as the things that they show us by their actions. That said, the current president claims to be a Christian, that's between him and God, but he shows himself to be a lot of other things that are wrong. And he supports an environment in which it makes being a Christian difficult! A mormon who will uphold things that are right and help to create a less hostile environment for Christians, in my opinion, is better than a 'Christian' like we have today. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/31/12 12:54 am

Post Even more Mormon stuff Mark Hardgrove
The following comes from a very good site http://www.exmormon.org/tract2.htm

If you want to vote for a president who essentially believes the equivalent of a Santa Clause with a villiage at the North Pole, then vote Romney. It's your right as an American. The stories of the book of Mormon are no less mythical and I can only say that willful ignorance of the level of fantasy and outright falsification in the Mormon religion is no excuse for voting Romney into the highest and most powerful position in the USA (if not the World).

On the website above the author has copious notes and research with many, many links to sources for all the teaching below held by the Mormon Church and for refutation of the Mormon Myth:

-------------------------------------
God was once a man like us.

God has a tangible body of flesh and bone.

God lives on a planet near the star Kolob.

God ("Heavenly Father") has at least one wife, our "Mother in Heaven," but she is so holy that we are not to discuss her nor pray to her.

Jesus was married.

We can become like God and rule over our own universe.

There are many gods, ruling over their own worlds.

Jesus and Satan ("Lucifer") are brothers, and they are our brothers - we are all spirit children of Heavenly Father

Jesus Christ was conceived by God the Father by having sex with Mary, who was temporarily his wife.

We should not pray to Jesus, nor try to feel a personal relationship with him.

The "Lord" ("Jehovah") in the Old Testament is the being named Jesus in the New Testament, but different from "God the Father" ("Elohim").

In the highest degree of the celestial kingdom some men will have more than one wife.

Before coming to this earth we lived as spirits in a "pre-existence", during which we were tested; our position in this life (whether born to Mormons or savages, or in America or Africa) is our reward or punishment for our obedience in that life.

Dark skin is a curse from God, the result of our sin, or the sin of our ancestors.

If sufficiently righteous, a dark-skinned person will become light-skinned.

The Garden of Eden was in Missouri. All humanity before the Great Flood lived in the western hemisphere. The Ark transported Noah and the other survivors to the eastern hemisphere.

Not only will human beings be resurrected to eternal life, but also all animals - everything that has ever lived on earth - will be resurrected and dwell in heaven.

Christ will not return to earth in any year that has seen a rainbow.

Mormons should avoid traveling on water, since Satan rules the waters.

The sun receives its light from the star Kolob.

If a Gentile becomes Mormon, the Holy Ghost actually purges his Gentile blood and replaces it with Israelite blood.

A righteous Mormon will actually see the face of God in the Mormon temple.

You can identify a false angel by the color of his hair, or by offering to shake his hand.

---------------------------------
By the way, saying that not voting for Romney is a vote for Obama is logically and linguistically flawed. A vote for Obama is a a vote for Obama.

In logic A cannot be both A and non-A
A vote for Obama cannot be at the same time not a vote for Obama
Not voting for Obama (or anyone else) is not a vote for Obama (A is A)

So don't be guilted or scared into not voting for Romney

If anyone thinks I'm wrong by saying God is sovereign, then I'll gladly be wrong in your eyes.
Acts-celerater
1/31/12 8:21 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.