Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Executive Committee predictions...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Peanut Butter
Kyle Morrow wrote:
If we can be bankrupted by one man, then we are not much of a movement IMHO. Do you understand how big of a coward someone has to be to trash talk a leader and not even have the guts to use his own name.

I told you that IS my name. I did not trash talk a leader.
Friendly Face
1/14/12 11:59 am

Post simply amazing SPORTSFAN
you guys are simply amazing...Everyone wants to be in "the know". lol.

For you McGuire bashers, most of you don't even know the man. I do, he's a man of courage and honor. He's not perfect, but a good leader who wants the best for the CoG. He is a father to young ministers and has encouraged me on several occasions. If you were criticized like some of you do him (or anyone else), most of you would try to get them to leave your church (if you pastor, which I don't believe majority of acts posters do).

Change! Change! Change! That is what Obama said he would bring to the USA and look at us now. Balance is the key. We need seasoned leaders AND young men who are passionate and full of vision for the kingdom and CoG.

If you have an EC with no experience (more than what MW and DG currently have) you have the possibility for a train wreck. All I'm saying is we need balance. We don't need 5 new guys just to have new guys. Balance the two!
Hey, DOC
1/14/12 5:18 pm

Post Peanut Butter
Campaign all you want but all it does is embarrass DM. I watched as his name kept coming up for every position possible and never got the vote. He had his time. Don't do this to him. Leave him alone and let him serve in peace without doing your typical preacher campaigning. Friendly Face
1/14/12 5:29 pm

Post just stating facts SPORTSFAN
peanut - your the one who questioned his integrity with the bankrupt comment. I'm not endorsing anyone, just want real facts when you get critical of someone. Hey, DOC
1/14/12 5:51 pm

Post Peanut Butter
It's "you're." Friendly Face
1/14/12 6:02 pm

Post Listener2 C. Chris Moody
Dennis McGuire is the state overseer of a missions state. Hardly a "prestigious, influential one with many possibilites for great ministry,"

To answer your remark, his position was not created for him.

For the record, I love Dennis Mcguire. He has been a father to me in the ministry. I will not take away from any of the others mentioned here, but to say that he almost bankrupt the church is absurd.

I am for the guys with term left. I worked for Mark Williams at South Cleveland years ago. Mark is genuine. He is also a Texan.

David Griffis has been my overseer in Tennessee. Another quality, stand up guy.

Thomas Propes is definitely on my list. I have spent some time with him and he is a very straight forward leader.

Don Walker is my overseer now and would bring some experience. He is currently the chairman of the budget review committee.

Dennis McGuire...I think you guys know how I feel about him.

Bill Isaacs is an up and coming leader. Outside the box thinker and very innovative.

Bryan Cutshall will stay at his church. If he doesnt, then I would be shocked. No, I have not asked him.

Jon Childers is another guy who hold in high regard. I believe he will serve on the committee real soon, maybe this time.

I do have a question, did we vote to do away with the rule that a committee member has to move up or down at the end of his four years? For example, do the guys who have served four years in an executive committee slot now have to move up? Can they hold the same position for two terms?

I know we changed from two to four year terms. I know Mark Williams will not be eligible after he serves the church as PB for four years, because he already will have served four years. My question is, in 2016, can whomever we elect as PB serve for two straight four year terms if they have not served on the committee?
Belt Jerker
1/14/12 6:41 pm

Post Re: Listener2 spartanfan
C. Chris Moody wrote:
Dennis McGuire is the state overseer of a missions state. Hardly a "prestigious, influential one with many possibilites for great ministry,"

To answer your remark, his position was not created for him.

For the record, I love Dennis Mcguire. He has been a father to me in the ministry. I will not take away from any of the others mentioned here, but to say that he almost bankrupt the church is absurd.

I am for the guys with term left. I worked for Mark Williams at South Cleveland years ago. Mark is genuine. He is also a Texan.

David Griffis has been my overseer in Tennessee. Another quality, stand up guy.

Thomas Propes is definitely on my list. I have spent some time with him and he is a very straight forward leader.

Don Walker is my overseer now and would bring some experience. He is currently the chairman of the budget review committee.

Dennis McGuire...I think you guys know how I feel about him.

Bill Isaacs is an up and coming leader. Outside the box thinker and very innovative.

Bryan Cutshall will stay at his church. If he doesnt, then I would be shocked. No, I have not asked him.

Jon Childers is another guy who hold in high regard. I believe he will serve on the committee real soon, maybe this time.

I do have a question, did we vote to do away with the rule that a committee member has to move up or down at the end of his four years? For example, do the guys who have served four years in an executive committee slot now have to move up? Can they hold the same position for two terms?

I know we changed from two to four year terms. I know Mark Williams will not be eligible after he serves the church as PB for four years, because he already will have served four years. My question is, in 2016, can whomever we elect as PB serve for two straight four year terms if they have not served on the committee?

Yes, after Mark we could possibly have an 8 year General Overseer. Starting this assembly you can serve 8 consecutive years on the EC in any slot you are elected to serve in. No more of this "if he don't go up he has to go down or off" stuff.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/14/12 7:08 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
Chris,

If I understand correctly, if Mark Williams is voted in as General Overseer, he will be voted on for a 4 year term. The assistants and Secretary General will be voted on for 4 year terms as well. I'm not certain if the World Missions and Youth Directors and Assistant will be voted on for 4 year terms as well. With that, one can serve on the EC (even in the same slot) for two 4 year terms (8 years.) After this vote, we shouldn't have to vote on positions until 2016. At that time, Mark Williams will not be eligible to serve his 2nd, 4 year term because he will have served on the EC 8 years. If Wallace Sibley and David Griffis remain on the EC, they will have to come off in 2016 as well.

I believe we will have to explore these new term limits in the near future. The math is going to get very confusing, and it will be weird to go the General Assembly and not vote for the EC.
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
1/14/12 7:37 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Surely by 2016, you all will be voting online. Acts-pert Poster
1/14/12 7:49 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
Probably not, there will still be many ministers that don't even have the internet. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
1/14/12 7:52 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
There are MANY more that can't afford to get to the Assembly and be a part of the system. It is not fair that they don't get a vote because of finances, IMHO. Acts-pert Poster
1/14/12 9:00 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
Would it be possible to online voting in Real Time. I know my computer can be quite troublesome. I just don't see our fellowship leaving the format we have now. Online voting sounds cool enough, but nothing replaces the value of human interaction. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
1/14/12 9:31 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Of course it can be done right now but my point was that the way technology moves, in 2016, there is no telling what we'll be able to do. One thing that could be done now is to set up live streaming with voting devices at state offices or churches regionally. You could do that this year. Won't happen though. Acts-pert Poster
1/14/12 9:36 pm

Post DennisMcguiresFriend
bro moody - i hope dr mcguire gets back in. we all gonna take som good trips buddy. hot dog Newbie
1/14/12 10:05 pm

Post Change Agent
[quote="Eddie Robbins"]There are MANY more that can't afford to get to the Assembly and be a part of the system. It is not fair that they don't get a vote because of finances, IMHO.[/quote]

If we are to discuss online voting would we also let all members over the age of 16 years vote? Your whole congregation could be standing by ready to vote.
Acts Enthusiast
1/14/12 10:27 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Change Agent wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
There are MANY more that can't afford to get to the Assembly and be a part of the system. It is not fair that they don't get a vote because of finances, IMHO.

If we are to discuss online voting would we also let all members over the age of 16 years vote? Your whole congregation could be standing by ready to vote.

Not the assembly but only licensed ministers. There is no way to monitor members.
Acts-pert Poster
1/14/12 10:46 pm

Post Dennis McGuire J David Smith
I have absolutely no idea who I will be casting votes for at the General Assembly. I really haven't thought about it until I saw this thread.

Having said that, I proudly post in my own name to say that I deeply respect Dennis McGuire. He has been a mentor and an encourager to me for many years. As Chris said, he loves the Church of God and served admirably during his tenure. He caught a lot of heat from some for putting forth the very ideas that we later approved.

Dr. McGuire first preached for me back in 1997. He was an assistant general overseer. I had only been at our church for about 3 months and we were averaging less than 50 in attendance at that time. He came and preached like he was preaching at the General Assembly. He and DeRosa treated my wife and I with respect that I have never forgotten. He has preached for me several times since then, and has invested into my life.

I am not promoting Dr. McGuire for any office. I don't even know if he wants to change. I just hate to see the tasteless and uniformed criticisms of him from people who hide behind a pen name on a message board. It is a cowardly thing to do.
Friendly Face
1/14/12 10:48 pm

Post Defending my post about McGuire Looking For Friends
I put McGuire on my list early in this thread before the ridiculous attack against him.

He is a good man, a Godly leader, an anointed preacher and someone who knows how the Church of God operates. He cares about small church pastors and churches (even small ones) who want to do something for God. I cannot say that about the current EC, but they all have their own strengths, too.

Whether he is selected by the Ordained Bishops and confirmed by the General Assembly to serve again on the EC is yet to be seen. I hope he gets back on because he will be a positive influence with 12 years of Committee experience.

Mark Williams - Dr. McGuire would be a GREAT 1-2 combo.
Acts-celerater
1/15/12 12:15 am

Post I'd be interested aprilmay
To hear thoughts from travis and Tom regarding Dennis McGuire returning to EC. I know he served during a time when these two championed the cause for transparency and openness.

Can Dennis bring greater transparency to Headquarters?
Acts Enthusiast
1/15/12 3:53 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
Why do you have to hear from Travis or Tom on Dennis McGuire. Good brothers on this forum have already spoken highly of his character. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
1/15/12 11:50 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.