Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Red Wine Drinkers - No health benefit - new study (L)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Peanut Butter
No.....it is what preachers do best. Friendly Face
1/13/12 9:55 am

Post Re: Serious lack of reading comprehension skills bonnie knox
kindapentecostal wrote:
Being that we are suppose to be people intrusted with truth and all, can we please change the headline to actually reflect what the article said? One researcher was caught falsifying (creating?) research data in regards to red wine. It does not say anything about the effects of red wine, as there are still countless studies that did not falsify the data.

Would that be too much to ask?

I agree!!!!!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/13/12 11:39 am

Post krista
bradfreeman wrote:
Since Jesus very plainly said that "nothing that enters into a man defiles him", drinking wine, beer, rum, vodka, coffee, tea or milk is clearly not a sin. The issues are:
1. Does the alcohol cause you to behave sinfully?
2. Does the alcohol master you?
3. Does drinking it in certain circles cause someone to stumble?

That's great news! Now I can snort cocaine and shoot a little heroin. I mean, since Jesus said that, why not? Laughing Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/13/12 12:31 pm

Post peterz3fo
Wait...no health benefit to red wine? Great news...better reason to drink beer...it's more sophisticated!

http://www.everydayhealth.com/healthy-living/0315/tap-into-beers-health-benefits.aspx
Friendly Face
1/13/12 2:25 pm

Post Re: Serious lack of reading comprehension skills Link
kindapentecostal wrote:
Being that we are suppose to be people intrusted with truth and all, can we please change the headline to actually reflect what the article said? One researcher was caught falsifying (creating?) research data in regards to red wine. It does not say anything about the effects of red wine, as there are still countless studies that did not falsify the data.

Would that be too much to ask?

(Emphasis mine)

This is not my field. Do you know of other studies that showed that red wine had these medical benefits?
1/13/12 3:44 pm

Post bigchurchmouse
You can find studies that support almost everything and then you can find studies that gives the opposing view. I have learned to find out who conducted the study, how many people were involved and for what period of time. Also, who stands to gain by the results of the study? The results are often slanted toward what the person or group paying for the study wants to prove. Golf Cart Mafia Capo
1/14/12 4:39 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.