Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

iPod for Sound tracks

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Media/Technology Questions And Answers Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post iPod for Sound tracks Kenny L Flaming
This may be similar o a previous post...?

We use split tracks and regular soundtracks for our worship (and its working ok!)

I normally burn a CD with each services music on it. I am thinking of going with an Ipod and run it from the pulpit.

My question is what is the best way to connect this to the PA system?

Formerly "WardlinePastor"
Acts Enthusiast
7/10/11 9:11 pm

Post Good Idea W. Ray Williams
It is an easy way to store and transport the music, also many soundtracks can be purchased on iTunes.

To connect it to the intenet you need an interface device that will connect to the snake. You could use something like an M-audio or my preference is a small 4-6 channel mixer ($79-100).

Ray
Acts-celerater
7/11/11 6:47 am

Post shaunbwilson
Here is another option if you already have some open XLR ports.

3.5mm to XLR cable
7/11/11 10:56 am

Post Kenny L Flaming
shaunbwilson wrote:
Here is another option if you already have some open XLR ports.

3.5mm to XLR cable

Thats what I was looking at doing Shaun, I tried once to use my iphone but some of the tracks sounded very "hollow" and I wasn't sure why???

I use iTunes to catalog all my music and to burn disks etc so the transition will be easy- I love the ability of accessing any song I need in an instant!

I found some pretty good deals on used ipods on ebay.

Acts Enthusiast
7/11/11 11:12 pm

Post shaunbwilson
I have used this type of conversion with perfect sound quality. Make sure the song doesn't sound hollow thru earphones. If it does, make sure you're not using some funky EQ setting in the iPod's Settings menu. If it was me, I'd turn off the EQ on the iPod and mix the EQ through the channel on the sound board.

If the sound is still sounding hollow through quality earphones, then you may need to rerip the songs from CD to iTunes and check all of your iTunes settings when you do that to make sure they're not doing anything weird to the mp3s.

If it sounds good through the earphones, but not great through the sound system, you may have bought a low quality 3.5mm to XLR converter.
7/12/11 2:10 pm

Post Kenny L Flaming
shaunbwilson wrote:
I have used this type of conversion with perfect sound quality. Make sure the song doesn't sound hollow thru earphones. If it does, make sure you're not using some funky EQ setting in the iPod's Settings menu. If it was me, I'd turn off the EQ on the iPod and mix the EQ through the channel on the sound board.

If the sound is still sounding hollow through quality earphones, then you may need to rerip the songs from CD to iTunes and check all of your iTunes settings when you do that to make sure they're not doing anything weird to the mp3s.

If it sounds good through the earphones, but not great through the sound system, you may have bought a low quality 3.5mm to XLR converter.

Thanks Shaun!
I got a good deal on an iPod thru eBay today and about to ordered the connector as I doubt my local radio shack carries them.

BTW
Can you delete the "combo 8" thread.

Acts Enthusiast
7/12/11 9:46 pm

Post bonnie knox
Kenny L Flaming wrote:
BTW
Can you delete the "combo 8" thread.

Amen. That post has been here since June 22. I tried to alert someone by a post to the main board on June 23. Hmmmm. Still here.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/12/11 9:57 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Media/Technology Questions And Answers Post new topic   Reply to topic