Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Asking how many sins it takes to lose your salvation...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Asking how many sins it takes to lose your salvation... Quiet Wyatt
is like asking how many affairs you can have before your spouse divorces you.

(Actually heard of all people Pat Robertson--who also says he believes in eternal security--say that a while back on his show).

In any case, a righteous word indeed.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/11 9:46 am

Post Eddie Robbins
AGAIN I say unto thee.....on cannot LOSE one's salvation. One can lose their wallet, their keys, their watch, but THANK GOD, one cannot lose their salvation.

What kind of God would it be to allow us to LOSE our salvation like we would our keys? No wonder we grew up paranoid. You just never know when you are walking down the road and OOPS......I can't find my salvation. If I don't find it I will go to hell. What did I do with my salvation????
Acts-pert Poster
6/15/11 10:46 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Eddie, that's a good point as well. I don't believe we can lose salvation like we can lose our keys or our wallet.

I do believe we can forfeit, forsake, turn away from following Jesus, and be lost.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/11 10:55 am

Post Eddie Robbins
I believe that in order for one to NOT be saved, they must no longer believe Jesus is who He says He is. I believe it is a rare occasion. This is where most of the folks probably disagree with me here and in the COG, but it's my strong opinion and we all have the right to disagree. I do NOT believe in OSAS because I believe on can renounce the faith and no longer believe in Jesus. But it is rare if they truly believed to begin with. Acts-pert Poster
6/15/11 11:01 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
or how many doses of poison it might take to kill you. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/11 11:54 am

Post Re: Asking how many sins it takes to lose your salvation... bradfreeman
Tom Sterbens wrote:
The same as the number of licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of Tootsie Pop.
Laughing Laughing

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
6/15/11 12:10 pm

Post Sin may taste sweet the first few licks... Quiet Wyatt
Prov 5:3 For the lips of an adulteress drip honey
And smoother than oil is her speech;
4 But in the end she is bitter as wormwood,
Sharp as a two-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death,
Her steps take hold of Sheol. NASB
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/11 12:32 pm

Post Re: Sin may taste sweet the first few licks... bradfreeman
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Thanks, but I'd rather lick a Tootsie Pop.

My website: www.bradfreeman.com
My blog: http://bradcfreeman.tumblr.com/
Acts-dicted
6/15/11 1:00 pm

Post Re: Sin may taste sweet the first few licks... The THREAT
bradfreeman wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

I wonder if the old adage, "You'll bite off more than you can chew" would apply in this case? Laughing
6/15/11 1:11 pm

Post Randy Johnson
Eddie Robbins wrote:
AGAIN I say unto thee.....on cannot LOSE one's salvation. One can lose their wallet, their keys, their watch, but THANK GOD, one cannot lose their salvation.

What kind of God would it be to allow us to LOSE our salvation like we would our keys? No wonder we grew up paranoid. You just never know when you are walking down the road and OOPS......I can't find my salvation. If I don't find it I will go to hell. What did I do with my salvation????

Eddie, you or I have not yet received all of our salvation in order to lose it.

I've only received one-third of my salvation, the deliverance of my spirit from involuntary slavery to sin.

I'm still receiving the second third of my salvation when I allow the Holy Spirit to renew my mind so that I do what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

I will not receive the third third of my salvation until I am either resurrected from the dead or changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, and am like Him, for I see Him as He is.

Until the resurrection, I am not completely and fully saved. I am saved, I am being saved, and I will be saved.

So I cannot lose what I have not yet received, but I can fail to receive it all if I do not continue in the faith by allowing my mind to renewed by the Holy Spirit.
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/15/11 1:12 pm

Post Herman Knapp
This question reminds me of the Tootsie Pop commercial when the question was asked--How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? Ask Mr.Qwl. I don't want to know how many because I would probably sin right up to the limit, repent, and start over again Ha Ha Friendly Face
6/15/11 1:34 pm

Post Re: Sin may taste sweet the first few licks... Quiet Wyatt
bradfreeman wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Well I certainly was not offering either. Wink
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/15/11 2:07 pm

Post kmann1
I have to go along with Eddie on this one.

Jesus said in Matt. 13:44 that "the Kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

I saw James Merritt one time do an interview with Benny Hinn on TBN. Benny was being quite sarcastic about OSAS. Merritt immediately stopped him and said he didn't believe in OSAS, he told Benny that he believed in "once TRULY saved always saved." James gave his points through the gospel and basically shut Benny up. I've been on the side preaching against OSAS, then guess what, I got radically saved. I went and bought the treasure that was hidden, I can't go back. Do I willfully sin? No. 1 John 5:18 says so. Do I sin? Yes. Sin is not what I do, it's what's inside of me. Thank God for Christ. J.I. Packer says that 2 Cor. 5:21 is the most important scripture in the bible, it took me awhile to grasp it but it makes me weep and cry for joy every time I read it or hear it. Packer calls it "the beautiful exchange."

Those that have been bought have been bought, there is no refund or return. Are there "fake" conversions? Maybe, that is not my place to say.
His "sheep" will hear His voice and no one else will they listen too.
Friendly Face
6/15/11 3:23 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
AND because we were brought up believing that every and any sin will send you to hell, we just about have to be de-programmed. That mess is DEEP inside and is hard to get out. I still judge a man when I see him smoking and have to stop for a moment and realize he may be a believer just like the preachers that abuse their bodies. It's tough to overcome. I am 56 years old and am still working on getting rid of that mess. Acts-pert Poster
6/15/11 3:45 pm

Post kmann1
Eddie Robbins wrote:
AND because we were brought up believing that every and any sin will send you to hell, we just about have to be de-programmed. That mess is DEEP inside and is hard to get out. I still judge a man when I see him smoking and have to stop for a moment and realize he may be a believer just like the preachers that abuse their bodies. It's tough to overcome. I am 56 years old and am still working on getting rid of that mess.

I know what you mean about deprogramming. In 1997 I had to cry out to God to wipe out everything I knew up to that point, because it was either wrong or not working. I find myself envious of new believers who have never set foot in a church, then I have to repent of my envy.
Friendly Face
6/15/11 4:19 pm

Post Cojak
Randy Johnson wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

Eddie, you or I have not yet received all of our salvation in order to lose it.

I've only received one-third of my salvation, the deliverance of my spirit from involuntary slavery to sin.

I'm still receiving the second third of my salvation when I allow the Holy Spirit to renew my mind so that I do what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

I will not receive the third third of my salvation until I am either resurrected from the dead or changed in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, and am like Him, for I see Him as He is.

Until the resurrection, I am not completely and fully saved. I am saved, I am being saved, and I will be saved.

So I cannot lose what I have not yet received, but I can fail to receive it all if I do not continue in the faith by allowing my mind to renewed by the Holy Spirit.

'At's good Randy, never saw it broken up into thirds, but sounds like it will work. Wink
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/15/11 6:26 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I believe that in order for one to NOT be saved, they must no longer believe Jesus is who He says He is. I believe it is a rare occasion. This is where most of the folks probably disagree with me here and in the COG, but it's my strong opinion and we all have the right to disagree. I do NOT believe in OSAS because I believe on can renounce the faith and no longer believe in Jesus. But it is rare if they truly believed to begin with.

I agree with this wholeheartedly (if that is a word).

As a kid I backslid hundreds of times according to my church. But in fact i did backslide once, I knew it. I did it intentionally and I have said on here before, I became an agnostic/athiest for a few years. I guess the devil was good to me, I was a happy guy.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/15/11 6:28 pm

Post sheepdogandy
One forfeits salvation when they no longer believe in Jesus Christ.

Only faith in Jesus can save us, without it we are lost.

Can't happen?

Search the Scriptures and think again.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/16/11 8:33 am

Post diakoneo
I would ask in response to your question, "is salvation and event or is it a relationship?"

Romans 13:11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

If it is nearer, how could it be complete?

Is it static or dynamic?

I say dynamic!

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Notice he uses the term being reconciled...he says we were reconciled, by His death (that was the event), but we are being reconciled to God by His life. Christ alive in us then, is our salvation. And He is alive in us, by our faith in Him every day.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/16/11 10:29 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
sheepdogandy wrote:
One forfeits salvation when they no longer believe in Jesus Christ.

Do those who claim to "believe in Jesus Christ" and yet go on sinning truly have biblical faith?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/16/11 11:01 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.