Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Will you be voting for G. D. McGuire?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you be voting for G. Dennis McGuire to return as PB?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 22 ]
No
78%
 78%  [ 78 ]
Total Votes : 100

Message Author
Post YEs flameoffire66
Absolutely yes. Newbie
7/14/06 7:03 pm

Post no thank you famousflavius
I have had my fill of the current lack of leadership. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
7/15/06 8:31 am

Post No, And Not For Any Of The Other Present EC Members CentFLPstr
We need to rethink the whole scheme of Executive Committee Members this Assembly. First of all, if we go to Four year Assembly terms that will mean each member will be elected for Four years and with the Ages of some there we will have men in their late Eighties leading the Church who don't have a clue what is going on.

Second of all, we talk about enhancing the role of Pastor, after all, that is where the entire Ministry of our Denomination is launched, and we have now on the EC, one member who has not Pastored a Church in 41 years.
Paul Walker, the greatest Pastor in our Denomination, has not Pastored a church in almost a decade.

The present PB has not Pastored a church in two Decades plus. It is a joke to even think of enhancing the role of Pastor in our Denomination while considering leadership who does not have a clue what a Pastor lives with in this generation and who has not lived with it for the past twenty, thirty and even forty years.
Friendly Face
7/15/06 8:34 am

Post Hillbilly
Yes!!! Friendly Face
7/15/06 3:46 pm

Post Yes.... Boscoe
and the more I read all the ridiculous negative campaigning against him the more I want to vote for him. Hey, DOC
7/15/06 6:43 pm

Post FellowSoldier
Probably not, as I am very dissappointed with the direction we are heading. After reading the agenda put forth by the EC I wonder why vote for any of them.
7/15/06 6:51 pm

Post Layperson
OneBishopsOpinion wrote:
IMHO...The post results with 81% voting against will show how "out of touch" or "what a minority" people who post of this board are in the schema of things. DM will be re-elected as history shows us. When it happens the 81% will know they are in the minority.

I have no opinion of current leadership. I am not in favor or against them. My life has not been effected one way or another by any leadership choices over the past two years.

Maybe this 81% is not out of touch...Maybe they are just better informed. There are many, many out there that will be voting that will not have been privileged to hear some of the things Acts poster have.Would it be wrong to spread the word? To let people know why you don't want him back?
Acts Enthusiast
7/15/06 9:24 pm

Post The PB is Bringing All Of His Buddies Tod Cleveland duke37311
If the present PB gets back in there will not be enough money in any fund to pay all of his family and friends which he is bringing to Cleveland! Newbie
7/15/06 11:17 pm

Post YES! Armorbearerbishop
Amen and amen! Hey, DOC
7/16/06 5:52 pm

Post Re: Yes, I will be voting for G. Dennis McGuire for Whoopeedo2u2
[quote="palmettobishop"]Presiding Bishop for the Church of God because I want to allow an opportunity the changes that were expressed in the forums to be implemented by him.

For years we have talked about the need for change. We now have a General Overseer/Presiding Bishop who is willing to be an agent of change.

McGuire
Culpepper
Hagan
Walker
Hill

Two more years...[/quote]

Well, consider this. Please tell me what any of those men (other than Raymond Culpepper and Tim Hill) relevantly speak into any pastor? How long has it been since these men pastored?

Dennis McGuire ---[b]22 years[/b]
Orvil Hagan --- [b]41 years[/b]
Paul Walker --- [b]12 years [/b]( and could not identify with the average pastor even when he did pastor)
7/16/06 8:43 pm

Post ActsBishop
Remember to be in prayer this week concerning who you will be voting for, that God would move in a mighty way next week.
“Even now, Jesus has a miracle for you! Even now, He’s a shelter from the storm you’re going through! DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T BE DISCOURAGED, DON’T EVEN BE AFRAID, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS HERE RIGHT NOW, TO MAKE A WAY!”
Acts Enthusiast
7/17/06 3:56 pm

Post cleveland whispers
ActsBishop wrote:
Remember to be in prayer this week concerning who you will be voting for, that God would move in a mighty way next week.

I have prayed. I cannot feel at peace with the politics of retribution as it impacts Grant McClung, Bill George, and the future of the Church of God. I never believed I would say this but, it is time for Dennis to graciously step down at this Assembly.
7/17/06 11:43 pm

Post ActsBishop
I heard this afternoon from an official that many state officials and leaders in Cleveland do not believe that G.Dennis McGuire will be returning as PB, I am really thinking it may be possible.
“Even now, Jesus has a miracle for you! Even now, He’s a shelter from the storm you’re going through! DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T BE DISCOURAGED, DON’T EVEN BE AFRAID, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS HERE RIGHT NOW, TO MAKE A WAY!”
Acts Enthusiast
7/19/06 10:55 pm

Post ActsBishop
Spoke with a large group of Hispanic ministers yesterday who said they are rallying their votes together to vote R. Lamar Vest back up and G Dennis McGuire off, it was a really interesting discussion.
Acts Enthusiast
7/21/06 10:17 am

Post not me famousflavius
I will not be voting for anyone currently holding a position Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
7/21/06 10:29 am

Post ActsBishop
It looks like the Church of God General Council will be rallying like during the 04 GA when they only allowed JD Smith to serve 2 years. The word seems to be implying that GD McGuire's EC trip will end on Friday.

We will see if this is true.
Acts Enthusiast
7/22/06 12:47 pm

Post Just a Guest
The Real news surrounding Bill George will be coming out next week at the Assembly and will drastically change your views on many of the current issues! Newbie
7/22/06 1:02 pm

Post ActsBishop
and what news is that?
Acts Enthusiast
7/24/06 8:31 pm

Post Bishop of Acts
how about now?
5/17/08 9:05 pm

Post DHDRabbi
Just a Guest wrote:
The Real news surrounding Bill George will be coming out next week at the Assembly and will drastically change your views on many of the current issues!

Yeah, right. The only thing that happened to Bill was he got messed over by the golf cart mafia.

Thanks for bringing this back up.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/17/08 9:15 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic