Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Thoughts about birth control

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Thoughts about birth control REVKC
I read a book one time that said that reproduction was a thing that God gave control to man. That God's command to multiply was an actually message giving man control of reproduction. By giving man control he left what took place in the control of man. I sort of believe that, I believe every birht is in God's will but I believe they relate directly to a man and a woman's choice. For every choice you make there is a consequence, the consequence can be thought of as a blessing or a curse but never a sin.

Now with that said study show that couples who use birth control have a higher chance of divorce, but sometimes studies can be PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER WORD and we all know it.

Me and my wife have created three babies, the reasons we don;t have those beings, is not because God didn't breathe life, or give a soul to them, but because something went wrong in my wives body (alot to do with diabeties, and therefore the baby began to develop wrong.)

I think that birth control is not limiting God one bit.
Friendly Face
4/17/06 9:46 pm

Post I agree Worker4Christ
As I have posted on this topic before I agree that birth control is needed.
If no one believed in birth control people would be like the Arkansas couple on TV with 16 children.
A lot could not afford to raise them and the burden would then go to all the rest of us through welfare and medicaid. That's not God's will for someone else to have to pay to raise your children.
Birth control is a blessing
Friendly Face
4/18/06 12:44 am

Post Re: Thoughts about birth control Land of Middle Girth
Those wonderful little pills. Just remember: It is NOT funny to replace them with Pez.
4/18/06 12:54 am

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post Re: I agree COGPW
Worker4Christ wrote:
If no one believed in birth control people would be like the Arkansas couple on TV with 16 children.
A lot could not afford to raise them and the burden would then go to all the rest of us through welfare and medicaid. That's not God's will for someone else to have to pay to raise your children.

Wow- I posted almost the same thing and was accused of calling someone white trash and poor. My words were taken totally out of context. I have no idea nor do I care the color of the person's skin and was speaking from personal experience when I said I have not met a family with 5+ children that are not on welfare. I know how much it cost to raise children so to keep having them you need to use your brain and make sure you can support them is what I was saying.

What's the name of the TV show with 16 children (wow- I couldn't imagine)
4/18/06 1:33 am

Post Re: I agree Scott Simms
COGPW wrote:
Worker4Christ wrote:

Wow- I posted almost the same thing and was accused of calling someone white trash and poor. My words were taken totally out of context. I have no idea nor do I care the color of the person's skin and was speaking from personal experience when I said I have not met a family with 5+ children that are not on welfare. I know how much it cost to raise children so to keep having them you need to use your brain and make sure you can support them is what I was saying.

What's the name of the TV show with 16 children (wow- I couldn't imagine)

If that is not what you meant then I am sorry for reading into your statement. My problem comes from people telling me I should not have all the children I do. I truly believe each one of my children have been perfectly in the will of God.
We are not poor and on welfare. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it for everyone? NO. But God did not give all these children to everyone He gave them to My wife and myself.

I guess my attitude comes from being judged so harshly by people who think I should not have all these kids.

My previous question came from some thoughts I had on the subject not from some hard on belief that contraceptives were wrong. The fact is we use them and have for each of the last four children I have had. The fact is God had other plans.
Acts Enthusiast
4/18/06 9:17 am

Post Re: I agree revuriah
Quote:
If that is not what you meant then I am sorry for reading into your statement. My problem comes from people telling me I should not have all the children I do. I truly believe each one of my children have been perfectly in the will of God.
We are not poor and on welfare. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it for everyone? NO. But God did not give all these children to everyone He gave them to My wife and myself.

I guess my attitude comes from being judged so harshly by people who think I should not have all these kids.

My previous question came from some thoughts I had on the subject not from some hard on belief that contraceptives were wrong. The fact is we use them and have for each of the last four children I have had. The fact is God had other plans.

You know, I thought my wife and I were the only ones that I knew of that used contraception with each of kids, only to find out that God had other plans! We are done now, and this week I begin the process to do something permanent about it. So if after that, we find out that she's pregnant again, then it would have to be God!
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
4/18/06 11:24 am

Post Re: Thoughts about birth control REVKC
Well I don;t think we should bring the family with 16 children in it, I think that they needed those 16 children they were great parents and obviously they weren't on welfare, there dad had a very good job, and they were veyr well behaved kids. Building that house by themselves for the first 2 years.

I don;t think everyone needs 16 kids lord knows some people don;t need one, but then they are some who could handle 20 or more, I believe my wife is one of those, the bad thing is my sister pops one out every year, and my mother ends up raising them, but me and my wife, who everyone saids will be the best, just don;t have God's grace in having kids at the moment. That is how it works alot of the time.

My aunt had 4 kids of her own and did a great job raising them, but then she began to temporarily take some of my cousins in too, she was a great parent but not eveyr one would be good at that.

My grandmother had 7 kids, and was a great mother, and then she ended up raising 28 grandkids, and you know what she did great at it, I am sorry but some people are great parents and some aren;t.
Friendly Face
4/18/06 5:14 pm

Post Well.... REVKC
I think that if you can take care of 20 kids than great, If you can;t get on the pill or something, but either way I would rather my tax money go to raising the next generations than any other ridiculous way our government has of spending money. Friendly Face
4/18/06 5:17 pm

Post Re: Thoughts about birth control Mercy Mercy
There are other benefits to using birth control (not just as a contraceptive). I think it's valuable when used for other reasons (as I have to do) and simply responsible when used for the original intended purpose. Just my O. Hey, DOC
4/18/06 7:33 pm

Post Re: I agree Kenny L Flaming
revuriah wrote:
You know, I thought my wife and I were the only ones that I knew of that used contraception with each of kids, only to find out that God had other plans! We are done now, and this week I begin the process to do something permanent about it. So if after that, we find out that she's pregnant again, then it would have to be God!

REV---

I have been there and did the permanent thing and guess what God had other plans and a sense of humor!

Before my wife left the hospital with #4 She had her tubes tied- She said the job needed to be done rights so she did it!

Formerly "WardlinePastor"
Acts Enthusiast
4/18/06 9:10 pm

Post Well... REVKC
With this last pregnancy my wife was on the pill, did you know that the diabetic medicine Avandament, increases your risk of pregnancy, and it also counterreacts with the pill and significantly increases your chance of pregnancy, so needles to say we got pregnant. Friendly Face
4/18/06 9:29 pm

Post Birth Control Worker4Christ
I think if you can raise 20 kids on your own, that is great. I just happen to deal with many families who refuse and do not believe in birth control that every year have a child and can not afford to take care of them, nor do they "raise" them. They say it's all God's will with each new birth- this is where my thinking was coming from.
When you get an entire society that doesn't believe in birth control or self control then it's a problem on every level and the kids end up paying for it.

But with that said if anyone wants to have as many kids as possible they raise them (not put them off on relatives) stay on welfare their entire lives then I personally believe YES it's God's will.

If someone is judging you for having 8 children- they need to repent. It's none of their business your raising your kids yourself.
NOSEY people need to but out of your life.
Kids are a blessing so if you can handle that many I would say "Hats off to you and your stonger a man than myself"
Friendly Face
4/18/06 10:11 pm

Post No to birth control pills for birth control thejanitor
because the first two mechanisms of the pill are inhibitive and the third is abortive.
4/18/06 10:50 pm

Post No to birth control, too . . . Jan Ross
for the reasons you mentioned --
Quote:
because the first two mechanisms of the pill are inhibitive and the third is abortive.

The problem is a lack of self-control. Exercise self-control during certain times of the month when fertility is heightened . . . it worked for centuries before the pill!

Another thought, if you have kids and want more, adopt! We have three natural children (that were against all medical odds) and three adopted children who were abandoned and abused.

Anyway, that's my opinion . . .

Blessings,
Jan
Great Haiku Champion
4/21/06 8:27 am

Post The eldest boys had to talk to grandpa old time clergyman
Now this hyah is the truth ahm a tellin with mah hand up. Grandma had sixteen younguns and about the time the leastn was borned the two oldest boys went and had a talk with grandpa. Ah know this for a fack since my pa wuz the eldest son. They tole grandpa that enuf was enuf and somethin had to be done.
I dont know what grandpa did but my youngest uncle wuz the lastn born in the family. I think that my pa threatened to fix grandpa. That shore nuff was some encouragemetn for grandpa to take some precaushuns.
Hey, DOC
4/21/06 12:53 pm

Post old time clergyman thejanitor
I'm sorry, but your scripts are worse than ebonics.
4/21/06 2:29 pm

Post Re: Thoughts about birth control TheoloJohn
There is certainly nothing wrong with a family having as many children as they can financially support.

When we first got married, my wife and I wanted to have at least five kids, but her cervix was too small and she could only deliver by emergency cesarean section that first time, so we had to settle for a maximum safe limit of three C-section deliveries for her. Right now we have two wonderful kids, and are debating on whether or not to have another.

As far as birth control goes, the pill is not always reliable, messes with the woman's natural hormonal cycle (and is not well tolerated by some women because of that). It is in some cases abortive instead of preventive, and oftentimes the wife will forget to take the pill for a day or two, thus lessening its effectiveness.
4/21/06 2:40 pm

Post birth control muricewatsonsfriend
i don't understand why this thread deals with big families as the problem. what if someone with one child lives on welfare? should they also not have had the child?
how about we appeal to the scripture on this and not popular opinion. where in the Bible does the Lord commend or suggest birth control? don't buy the world's philosophy: the Lord still said to FILL the earth, did He not? didn't he say that children are a heritage of the Lord and a man is blessed when his quiver is full of arrows?
there are small families and big families mentioned in the Bible. Those that put their trust in the Lord were blessed.
i grew up in mostly catholic detroit area in the 60s/70s. almost all of the catholic families were HUGE: 8-12 kids and none, not one of them were poor.
Acts-celerater
4/21/06 8:43 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic