Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Great Article On Women In Preaching Ministry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Great Article On Women In Preaching Ministry Nuffsed
This Article was taken from Trumpet Wind email list. TrumpetWindList@TrumpetWind.

by Pastor Keith A. Smith

1. There is not one Scripture in the Bible that forbids women from preaching, but on the contrary, there are many verses that encourage both men and women to preach the Gospel.

2. The Bible teaches that God is not a respecter of persons, and He will use any and all who will yield to Him, regardless of race, age, or sex.

Galatians 3:28 - "...neither male nor female...for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Acts 10:34 - "...God is no respecter of persons...."

Moses said in Numbers 11:29, "Would God that all the Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put His spirit upon them!"

The crying need of the hour is for more laborers. It is a trick of the enemy to try to down rate thousands of our faithful laborers just because they were born females.

3. The Great Commission, Mark 16:15, "Preach the Gospel," is to ALL believers, and to all the church of Jesus Christ. The command to "preach the Gospel" is to both male and female.

4. It is an undeniable fact that God has called and anointed thousands of women to preach the Gospel. The Full Gospel organizations have hundreds of licensed and ordained women who are preaching, teaching, evangelizing, pastoring, and doing mission work with the signs following their ministry. God is using them for the salvation of the lost, deliverance from sin, gifts of the Spirit, and infilling of the Holy Spirit.

The Bible says, "Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm." And may we be reminded of the Scripture in Acts 5:39, "If it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God."

When someone says, "God does not call women to preach," it is like saying that God does not baptize with the Holy Spirit today. We know better, because we have witnessed and experienced it with our own ears and eyes.

I would be afraid to condemn women preachers, lest I would be found to be fighting against God, and to be committing the vile sin of attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to the devil.

5. Women preachers are a fulfillment of Bible Prophecy and another sign of Christ's soon return to earth (Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17-18).

6. The Bible declares that women will prophesy: 1 Cor. 11:5, "For every woman that prayeth or prophesieth...."

Both the Hebrew (Nebrah), and Greek (Proph) used for prophetess means (female preacher). (See Young's Concordance, Pg. 780.)

The word "Prophet" means a public expounder.

The word "Prophesy" means to speak forth, or flow forth. The Bible says in 1 Cor. 14:3, "But he that prophesieth speaketh unto MEN to edification, and exhortation and comfort."

The dictionary says, prophesy is "to speak under divine inspiration...to preach."

Therefore we learn from the original translation, from the Bible interpretation, and from the dictionary, that to prophesy means more than to tell the future, but it is to speak publicly about the past, present, or future. It is to preach under the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

The Old and New Testament prophets and prophetesses were preachers of God's Word.

Even if the words prophet and preacher could be separated, how could anyone prophesy to bring exhortation, comfort and edification to the church, if she were forbidden to speak in church and was to keep silent?

Would God inspire and anoint someone to do something that was wrong and sinful???

* (There is a difference between a prophet, and the gift of prophecy.)

7. God called and used women preachers in the Old Testament.

a. DEBORAH - Judges 4:4-5. Deborah was a Judge for both civil and criminal cases. The children of Israel came to her for judgment. She was the chief ruler of Israel for 40 years, giving orders to the Generals and all the army. She did the work of an evangelist, prophetess, Judge, and a preacher. God gave her authority over the mighty (Judges 5:13).

b. MIRIAM - Exodus 15:20; Numbers 12:1; Micah 6:4. She was a Prophetess and a Song Leader in Israel.

c. HULDAH - 2 Kings 22:14. Five men went to Sister Huldah and communed with her. She spoke to a congregation of men concerning the book of the Law. A female preached to a man's congregation, and her message was taken to the nation and produced a revival.

d. MAHER-SHALAL-HASH-BAZ'S MOTHER - Isaiah 8:3. She was a prophetess.

8. God called and used women preachers in the New Testament.

a. The first message of the Resurrection of Christ was spoken by women to a group of men.

b. Anna - Luke 2:36-38. She must have prophesied in church, because she did not depart from the temple.

c. Phillip had 4 daughters who prophesied. Acts 21:9.

d. Priscilla assisted Paul in his revival meeting and even taught Apollos in the way of the Lord more perfectly.

e. Phebe - Romans 16:1-2. Paul commended Phebe to the Church at Rome and requested that they assist her in her business. She was one of Paul's assistants in the work of the Lord and delivered the Book of Romans to the people from the hand of Paul.

9. There is no sound reason why a woman or man should not preach the Gospel. There is a desperate need in the church for more workers. Laborers are few, and God will use any and all who will go for Him. Some say God will not use a woman to preach, because "The woman was deceived," but remember Romans 5:12: "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world." It seems to indicate that Adam was just as guilty as Eve in the fall of man. If anyone should be kept from preaching because of sin, it would be Adam. But God does not forbid anyone from preaching, because of Adam's or Eve's sin.

10. 1 Cor. 14: 34-35 does not say anything about women preachers. If Paul intended this verse as a general rule to bar all women from speaking in church, then they cannot teach Sunday School, testify, pray, prophesy, sing, or even get saved, and this would contradict the rest of the Bible (Acts 2:4; Acts 2:16-18).

Paul was rather dealing with a particular problem in the church. Women were not educated as were the men in that day; therefore the women would talk back and forth to their husbands in church and ask questions concerning the sermon. Paul said, "If they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home; for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." If they want to talk things over let them wait until they get home. This rule is still good for the church today, where people are talking and causing confusion in the church service. They should not speak in church. (Not in the back of the church either before or after services.)

If a woman cannot speak in church, then she cannot speak in prayer meeting, young people's service, etc., for who can deny that Sunday School and Prayer meeting, and Youth work are parts of church? Christ's Church is not a building, but rather it is found where two or three are gathered together in His name, whether at a street meeting, in a tent, a home, church, classroom or anywhere else.

11. 1 Timothy 2:12 is not a blanket rule for all women of all churches. If it were, then the women could not speak at all, for the same verse that tells them not to teach also tells them to be silent.

If all women had to keep silent in church, then that would be promoting disobedience to God, for they could not prophesy, pray, testify, sing, exhort, do personal work, or even get saved.

Whenever an interpretation to a verse contradicts the rest of the teaching of the Bible, we know this interpretation is incorrect, for the Holy Spirit will never contradict His own Word.

This is the chief verse that is used to oppose women preaching and yet it says nothing about preaching, nor does it say anything about a public worship or church service. But, on the contrary, this verse is giving instructions to wives as to how they were to conduct themselves in regard to their husband. Paul says in 1 Cor. 14:35, "And if they will LEARN anything, let them ask their husbands at home." Now he states in 1 Tim. 2:12 that the woman should learn in silence, and should not usurp authority over the man. Paul is dealing with more of a home problem than a church problem.

This verse still applies to us today. It is wrong for a woman to usurp authority over her husband (in church, home, or any place else) as was the case in Paul's day. She should not try to teach him or speak words that would cause discord and confusion, but should rather be silent and in subjection to her husband.

It is also to be understood that if anyone, whether man or woman, is usurping authority over the God-given leadership of the church, she or he is to be silent, and not to teach, or act in such a way that would create discord in the assembly.

12. Some have used Titus 1:6-7, "If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children...", but there is a difference between a preacher and a bishop. For I was an Evangelist and now am a Pastor, but I am not a Bishop (Overseer), and most Pastors are not.

If God called a single man with no children to be a Bishop, as Paul was, surely this verse is not opposed to it, nor would this scripture oppose a woman Bishop if she was called of God for the work, as was Deborah.

What this verse does teach is that a person who is to be a Bishop must not have two living companions, either husbands or wives.

The Bible often speaks of "man" when it refers to both men and and women inclusively. The word "mankind" also includes both men and women. For an example of this word usage see 1 Cor. 13:1 - "Though I speak with the tongues of MEN and angels...." This word "MEN" includes women as well, for we do not have one language for men and another for women.

13. To condemn women preachers and women church workers is a serious offense, because God has stamped His approval on them by His Spirit over and over again, and who is man to fight against the Spirit of God?

To condemn women preachers and women church workers is in a sense to claim they are doing wrong and committing sin...and all those who support them and listen to them are having a part in that sin.

For anyone to do this, he must condemn approximately 99% of all the Spirit-filled believers and the vast majority of all of Christianity.

"Of a truth, I perceive that God is no respecter of persons..." (Acts 10:34).
Friendly Face
3/7/08 9:01 am

Post Oh Lord BlessedinMsTn
I am excited about responding to this post,, point by point,, it will time extensive and I am busy cooking today but night time will come.. this article is filled with sooooo much deception that its amazing how hard people will grasp for any straw they can find to circumvent the Divine order of Yahweh
3/7/08 9:46 am

Post Thanks nuffsed - good post Nature Boy Florida
Blessed thinks the Bible is deceptive in how it refutes Branham cult theology.

Gal 3:28 indeed sums up how Christ freed everyone from the past - in God's eyes, at least.

Thanks
3/8/08 11:18 am

Post BigPT
It is sad that we are having this discussion. Women are not to be the head nor are they to be a Bishop, For us to have such conversation is fruitless, and not worth the time. Dr, E.V. Hill said when a hen begins to crow like a rooster, it is time to have chicken and dumplings. Women are not meant today to be head of the church, nor any other day. This srticle has just too man wholes in it. Hey, DOC
3/8/08 9:10 pm

Post Memory03
BigPT wrote:
Dr, E.V. Hill said when a hen begins to crow like a rooster, it is time to have chicken and dumplings.

You don't eat the hens that are producing... you eat their eggs... Wink Wink Wink

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/8/08 9:46 pm

Post KariJay
BigPT wrote:
It is sad that we are having this discussion. Women are not to be the head nor are they to be a Bishop, For us to have such conversation is fruitless, and not worth the time. Dr, E.V. Hill said when a hen begins to crow like a rooster, it is time to have chicken and dumplings. Women are not meant today to be head of the church, nor any other day. This srticle has just too man wholes in it.

So you're sayin' you're gonna cook up all those women preachers and eat em'? Laughing I really don't taste all that great. Kinda salty...with a hint of Ralph Lauren Romance and Lavendar shampoo.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/8/08 10:47 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post BigPT
Well, Kari I don't know how you taste, but women don't belong head of the church. That is hard I know, but that is God's design not mine. If the COG ever promotes women to Bishop I will leave. Hey, DOC
3/8/08 11:27 pm

Post KariJay
BigPT wrote:
Well, Kari I don't know how you taste, but women don't belong head of the church. That is hard I know, but that is God's design not mine. If the COG ever promotes women to Bishop I will leave.

Well, honey, you better get your bags packed...because it's bound to happen. There's nothing "hard" about it. You believe women don't belong in leadership and that's fine. But the way I interpret the Word, they are not disqualified from leadership. We are always under the authority of someone and I don't have a problem being under a man's authority. In fact, my mentors have all been men...great men of God that have exhorted me and helped me in my ministry. The fact of the matter is, my dear...that sooner or later every denomination is going to make this possible...that's just what I see coming. Many denominations already do. So...you just might have to start your own denomination or become Baptist or UPC. Then again, at some point, I think those groups will start allowing it, too. That, my friend, is going to be hard for YOU to accept...not me.
3/8/08 11:34 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post Ken Shelton
I imagine that if Jesus was so upset about women preaching he could stop them; He is the head of the church you know. How could the Kingdom of God be hindered with anyone preaching? That, in fact was Paul's determination;
Php 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

So even if you are all worked up about a woman preaching or not, just rejoice that the Gospel is being preached.
3/8/08 11:56 pm

Post BigPT
Well, you have called me honey and dear, and I am not looking for a fight. Nor do I want to fight over a subject that God is the one who set things in order. Plus, I never said a woman could not be in leadership, because I have a lot of women in leadership where I serve as the senior pastor. I just said women do not belong as the head of the church. Every denomination that has allowed it, and I mean everyone one of them, has gone by the wayside. It is not biblical; Women can serve in leadership, but not as the head. It is not the will of God.

Most of the women I have met in the senior pastor position in other denominations are dikes. (I am not saying that about you) I am just letting you know my experience.
Hey, DOC
3/9/08 4:29 pm

Post KariJay
Laughing I laughed when you said "dike." Now...in the opinon of me and others...I'm probably the farthest thing from the term. ha ha! Now...I also know that you weren't calling me that...but it still struck a funny bone.

(And footnote...I call everyone dear and honey...no offense or otherwise intended)
3/9/08 4:56 pm

Post My response BlessedinMsTn
I am sorry it has taken so long to respond to the above post, I have been quite busy these past few days.

I will now respond point by point

Quote:
1. There is not one Scripture in the Bible that forbids women from preaching, but on the contrary, there are many verses that encourage both men and women to preach the Gospel.

MY RESPONSE: -
I Cor. 14:34-36: 34. “As in all churches of the saints, let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also says the law.” 35. “And if they will learn anything let them ask their husbands at home; for it is a shame (aiscron, unbecoming, disgraceful) for women to speak in the church.” 36. “What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?”

How can this author blatantly defy the Word by saying there is NO SCRIPTURE forbidding a woman to preach?

For those who try to tell us with no historical or contextual authority that these women were disturbing the services...... Is such an interpretation admissible?

Nowhere in the letters of Paul to the Corinthians is there any indication that the peace of the congregation was especially disturbed by too much talk of the women. - Where does such folly come from? The vain imaginations of men,, NOT THE WORD

And for those of you who argue that this letter was to the Corinthian church only because of women out of order,, I would refer you to verse 36

With his remark in verse 36, Paul wants to say: The church at Corinth is not the mother church, having the right to establish customs for other churches. Neither is she the only one existing...... The same gospel has gone to others who then would also have the right to originate customs and peculiar habits. And what a confusion and disorder that would bring into the Church if every individual congregation was permitted to introduce new customs in questions like this? These words would be unintelligible if Paul here meant nothing but idle talk on the part of the women.

NEXT SCRIPTURE - SINCE THERE ARE NO SCRIPTURES AGAINST WOMEN PREACHING
1 Timothy 2:12-14.
12. “But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13. “For Adam was first formed, then Eve.” 14. “And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.”

Here we have didaskein. Again Paul takes the public teaching (preaching) of the women in the congregation as an act of independence, which is contrary to divine economy. For a woman to teach in the congregation (in our language, to fill the pulpit) is an “usurping authority over the man,” that stands in contradiction to a fact established at the time of the creation and emphasized after the fall because of the part woman took in it.

Then it weighs something that Paul denounces the public teaching of women in the congregation not only in his letter to the Corinthians, but also in his pastoral letter to Timothy, where, in a language stronger than that used over against the Corinthians, he gives to his co-laborer instructions not to one church merely but to the practice “in all the assemblies of the saints

I thought you COG believers believed that the Holy Scripture is source and rule for all faith and practice? If so you can not afford to take the view of relevance.

If we cannot believe that in a question like the one here under consideration Paul, under the guidance of the Holy Ghost, said something that is true and binding today just as well as at the time of the founding of the Church, then we are on dangerous ground; then we cannot with Peter say that we have a “sure word of prophesy” (2 Pet. 1:19). If we have the right to interpret thus, and so get rid of something that does not suit the taste of our age, what then can we answer if, for instance, a champion of “free love” attacks the institution of marriage, saying that such requirements of the Bible do not hold for our day?

We sum up: A careful exegesis always will show beyond all doubt that in 1 Cor. 14:34-36 and in 1 Tim. 2:12-14 Paul forbids the women to preach in the church.
3/9/08 5:50 pm

Post Authors 2nd point - God is no respecter of person BlessedinMsTn
Quote:
2. The Bible teaches that God is not a respecter of persons, and He will use any and all who will yield to Him, regardless of race, age, or sex.

Context is an amazing help in the interpretation of scripture

Does the author not understand that scripture is referring to salvation? Concerning Cornelius,, there is no respecter of person for the gift of salvation........Read this story has nothing to do with Gods ordained role of men and women.. God is not a Respecter of Person but he is a Seperator of Person and he places us all accordingly in our roles.... Should there be a Prophet among you and one says he cannot be a Prophet and I'm not,, because God is no respecter of person,, that statement would be laughed to scorn... the same should apply here

With Moses was God a Respecter of Person when Korah laughed at him? Absolutely...... the above scripture is speaking of salvation ONLY

Quote:
Galatians 3:28 - "...neither male nor female...for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

The author failed to mention that there is either bond nor free--- and yet once the slaves were saved in the NT Paul tells them to obey their masters... but wait I thought there were no more bond or free????? IN CHRIST,,, still this has NOTHING to do with the pre-ordained roles in which God has placed all in family and church authority

If there were still SLAVES in Pauls time that must still stay in their roles after salvation then the same applies for men and women,,,,, although we are ONE IN CHRIST,, in this life we are still seperate in our God ordained ROLES.

Moses said in Numbers 11:29, "Would God that all the Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put His spirit upon them!"

The crying need of the hour is for more laborers. It is a trick of the enemy to try to down rate thousands of our faithful laborers just because they were born females.

OH MY MY - again context is a beautiful thing --- did the author care to even try and read this story about Moses before posting???????

This story is actually about people that got OUT OF THEIR POSITIONS out of their pre-ordained ROLES and tried to become Prophets....... and THEY ALL DIED----

Moses,, KNOWING they would all die,, felt bad and said I WOULD THAT ALL COULD BE PROPHETS ------but they CANNOT ------ God sets us all in our roles and mine is that of a PROPHET,, WOULD TO GOD I wasnt alone,, WOULD TO GOD everyone was a PROPHET but it CANNOT be that way

and they all died ----- anymore fine examples this author should like to use?
3/9/08 6:01 pm

Post Authors 3rd point - The Great Commission BlessedinMsTn
Quote:
3. The Great Commission, Mark 16:15, "Preach the Gospel," is to ALL believers, and to all the church of Jesus Christ. The command to "preach the Gospel" is to both male and female.

MY RESPONSE :

The author said that this command was given to men and women and yet there was not ONE WOMAN in this crowd where Jesus gave this command.

All believers are NOT CALLED to the offices of leadership in the LOCAL NT CHURCH, only those in FIVE FOLD MINISTRY preach to the church.. All believers are called to be light to the world,, both male and female but not one female was called to be a LEADER to the CHURCh
3/9/08 6:04 pm

Post Authors 4th point - Gods called thousands of women BlessedinMsTn
Quote:
4. It is an undeniable fact that God has called and anointed thousands of women to preach the Gospel. The Full Gospel organizations have hundreds of licensed and ordained women who are preaching, teaching, evangelizing, pastoring, and doing mission work with the signs following their ministry. God is using them for the salvation of the lost, deliverance from sin, gifts of the Spirit, and infilling of the Holy Spirit.

MY RESPONSE - This is the weakest argument of this entire article - to use history rather than the ONLY SOURCE, the WORD OF GOD to defend error is unacceptable......

It is also an undeniable fact that God has anointed thousands of men who were living in sin to preach the Gospel but its still WRONG -- I dont care how you decorate it,, ITS SIN, ITS ERROR, ITS WRONG

How can God anoint anything he has forbidden? He doesn't,,, HIs WORD when it is preached,, whether by an alcoholic (AA ALLEN) whether by a whoremonger( J SWAGGART) whether by a WOMAN or whether by a DONKEY --- he will always HONOR HIS WORD it will not come back VOID ------ he is not honoring the messenger he is honoring the MESSAGE!!!!

Quote:

The Bible says, "Touch not mine anointed and do my prophets no harm." And may we be reminded of the Scripture in Acts 5:39, "If it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God."

My Response: IF IT BE GOD -- it will line up with GODS WORD - not history, not full gospel hysteria, not Pentecostal flakery but the WORD OF GOD ----- If Gods Word FORBIDS a woman to be in authority over a man and she steps into that role just is not anointed, she is deceived

Quote:
When someone says, "God does not call women to preach," it is like saying that God does not baptize with the Holy Spirit today. We know better, because we have witnessed and experienced it with our own ears and eyes.

MY RESPONSE - We have also seen with our own eyes GOLD DUST falling everywhere ------ you tell me if its God or not,,, just because we see something doesn't it mean it is of GOD

Quote:

I would be afraid to condemn women preachers, lest I would be found to be fighting against God, and to be committing the vile sin of attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to the devil.

I would be afraid to DEFY GODS WORD and endorse what he has forbidden!
3/9/08 6:11 pm

Post Authors 5th point - Women Preachers are Bible Prophecy BlessedinMsTn
Quote:
5. Women preachers are a fulfillment of Bible Prophecy and another sign of Christ's soon return to earth (Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17-18).

6. The Bible declares that women will prophesy: 1 Cor. 11:5, "For every woman that prayeth or prophesieth...."

Both the Hebrew (Nebrah), and Greek (Proph) used for prophetess means (female preacher). (See Young's Concordance, Pg. 780.)

The word "Prophet" means a public expounder.

The word "Prophesy" means to speak forth, or flow forth. The Bible says in 1 Cor. 14:3, "But he that prophesieth speaketh unto MEN to edification, and exhortation and comfort."

The dictionary says, prophesy is "to speak under divine inspiration...to preach."

Therefore we learn from the original translation, from the Bible interpretation, and from the dictionary, that to prophesy means more than to tell the future, but it is to speak publicly about the past, present, or future. It is to preach under the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

The Old and New Testament prophets and prophetesses were preachers of God's Word.

Even if the words prophet and preacher could be separated, how could anyone prophesy to bring exhortation, comfort and edification to the church, if she were forbidden to speak in church and was to keep silent?

Would God inspire and anoint someone to do something that was wrong and sinful???

* (There is a difference between a prophet, and the gift of prophecy.)

MY RESPONSE will be simple - We have 32 instances of MEN PREACHING not prophesying in the NT ------ and not ONE of a woman PREACHINg only Prophesying?????

Why the play with words? Preaching is what Paul taught us -- Rebuking, Reproving, Exhorting and bring Doctrine

Does that sound like PROPHECY TO YOU>>>????

You tell me Mr. Author on the Day of Pentecost when Peter PREACHED--- why doesn't scripture say he was Prophesying>???? Because he wasn't he was PREACHING.. he was bringing doctrine for Salvation......

So wait a minute!!!!! Prophesying is preaching? Of so when the Holy comes upon a person one of the signs is they will start preaching????? Oh yeah, thats what Joel said ---- when the Pentecostal blessings comes they will PROPHESY ------ or wait, did he mean preach? So when people receive the Holy Ghost go ahead and give them an exhorter's license,,,, after all one of the evidences of the Holy Ghost is now PREACHING

even you know better than that
3/9/08 6:16 pm

Post Authors 6th point - God called women in the OT BlessedinMsTn
Quote:
7. God called and used women preachers in the Old Testament.

a. DEBORAH - Judges 4:4-5. Deborah was a Judge for both civil and criminal cases. The children of Israel came to her for judgment. She was the chief ruler of Israel for 40 years, giving orders to the Generals and all the army. She did the work of an evangelist, prophetess, Judge, and a preacher. God gave her authority over the mighty (Judges 5:13).

b. MIRIAM - Exodus 15:20; Numbers 12:1; Micah 6:4. She was a Prophetess and a Song Leader in Israel.

c. HULDAH - 2 Kings 22:14. Five men went to Sister Huldah and communed with her. She spoke to a congregation of men concerning the book of the Law. A female preached to a man's congregation, and her message was taken to the nation and produced a revival.

d. MAHER-SHALAL-HASH-BAZ'S MOTHER - Isaiah 8:3. She was a prophetess.

8. God called and used women preachers in the New Testament.

a. The first message of the Resurrection of Christ was spoken by women to a group of men.

b. Anna - Luke 2:36-38. She must have prophesied in church, because she did not depart from the temple.

c. Phillip had 4 daughters who prophesied. Acts 21:9.

d. Priscilla assisted Paul in his revival meeting and even taught Apollos in the way of the Lord more perfectly.

e. Phebe - Romans 16:1-2. Paul commended Phebe to the Church at Rome and requested that they assist her in her business. She was one of Paul's assistants in the work of the Lord and delivered the Book of Romans to the people from the hand of Paul.

The approximate dates the above women lived, according to my Thompson Chain Bible, are as follows: Miriam 1491 B.C.; Deborah 1296 B.C.; Huldah 641 B.C.; Noadiah 446 B.C.; Anna 5 B.C.; Phebe 57 A.D.; Philip's virgin daughters 62 A.D. We shall examine them one by one and determine if the above proposition is true.

Lets talk about MIRIAM
Although Miriam was a remarkable 100 year old woman; Although she was filled with the Spirit of Messiah; Although she was called a prophetess; Yet, not one time was she ever numbered with the 70 leaders of Israel. Not one time was she numbered among the Priesthood. Not one time was she on the sacred Mount with Moses. She was not privileged to share with Aaron any equality of Ministry concerning the Tabernacle. Not one time was she permitted to enter the Tabernacle compound to act as a priestess. She was never allowed to assist Moses or Aaron at the altar of sacrifice. There were no holy garments designed or made for women priestesses. There is no record whatsoever of Miriam ever being allowed to consider herself a female priestess, by virtue of her gift of prophecy.

We do know that she was not a spokesperson for God or Moses to the people of Israel. Her gift of prophecy was strictly regulated outside of the Tabernacle, and apparently only in the presence of other women. Miriam's mouth was never used by God to preach the Law or the Ordinances: to convert, educate, instruct, or counsel any of the men of Israel. Her gift of prophecy was not an excuse to usurp authority over the Tabernacle. Consequently, in the New Testament, none of those exercising the gifts may usurp authority away from a Pastor or other member of the Five-Fold-Ministry. If one of these Ministers of the New Testament, observes a gift-user usurping authority and trying to preach, he has the authority to stop it at once, without any interference or retaliation from Heaven.

Miriam apparently sinned grievously with Aaron and the rest of Israel in the matter of the golden heifer and the sexual debauchery associated with this massive orgy. The fact that God was going to kill them all, and that Miriam raised no objections to these sins, is evident. It was no doubt because he knew his sister and brother had caved in under pressure from other powerful and influential liberal leaders, that Moses begged God to have mercy. What we are seeing today in many groups, protecting women preachers and other liberal backslidings, is a similar cave-in by Pastors seeking the approval and fellowship of the influential power-brokers, rather than standing for Truth.

Given the weight of the Old Testament Priesthood and that the Tabernacle setups were types and shadows of the New Testament Church and the Five-Fold-Ministry, it would be very simple to recognize that no woman may hold a position of authority and power as a Minister or Preacher. Therefore, what was omitted from the shadow, is of necessity omitted from the image of the Church that cast that shadow. No women priestess in the Old Testament is surely a tremendous proof of no woman preachers in the New Testament. Miriam therefore was never a priestess and she never demanded or anticipated that her gift of prophecy was automatic ordination into the Old Testament Priesthood.
3/9/08 6:22 pm

Post Authors 7th Point - DEBORAH BlessedinMsTn
Deborah held a civil position as Judge in Israel (Judges 4:4). This is the first incident found in the Bible where a woman found a place to use her talents outside of the Priesthood and Tabernacle. Thus, Deborah had nothing to do with any part of the Tabernacle or the Priesthood.

Deborah, like Miriam, made one recorded prophecy when she sang a victory ballad with Barak. She sat under a palm tree outside her home and sorted out people's problems and gave advice. She did not preach in her civil office as a judge. She identified her work as a "MOTHER" in Israel, not as a preacheress or priestess (Judges 5:7).

Deborah went to war with Barak and stayed on Mount Tabor as he fought with the Israelites, in the valley below, against Sisera. In the eleventh chapter of Hebrews, Deborah is completely omitted from among those identified as heroes of faith, because it appears she failed to continue to live for God and backslid. Barak is the one identified in this chapter as having the faith....not Deborah. Perhaps this is why so many women who use Deborah for one of their proofs and authority to claim ordination, backslide. If indeed Deborah backslid, she most likely reprobated herself by exalting her civil office over the authority of the Tabernacle, refusing to be governed by the male-only Priesthood. Did Deborah die lost, since her name is purposely omitted in the Hebrew faith record? According to the Scriptures, in the forty years she judged Israel after the defeat of Sisera, the nation entered and enjoyed a long time of sin, evil, and backsliding. Two things are evident. First, the voice of Deborah as judge was silent toward impending, rebuking, or stopping the backsliding. Second, she had no influence on the spirituality of Israel over her remaining term, indicating that once the war was over, she enjoyed her position as Judge to the exclusion of all else.

The use of Deborah to prove ordination of a woman, as a priestess of the Tabernacle, or into a usurped office of a New Testament Apostle, Preacher, Elder, or Bishop, is lacking common sense and Biblical honesty. Many who have caved-in to the women's rights lesbian movement, and to their demands of equality with men, have made the gift of prophecy equal to the ordination of women as priestesses, Apostles, Elders, Bishops and Preachers. When the lesbian movement gained power after their 1848 unification, they were instrumental in altering the word "prophetess" from having the meaning of a woman gifted to predict, to identifying her talent as equal to that of the calling of a Prophet. Webster's Dictionary and other reference books gave the word "Prophetess" the meaning of a "female prophet". This change had the wanted effect of making women equal to men. This political correctness has found plenty of so-called Apostolics who were ready to accept it. These Jezebel boys and girls have made Webster's Dictionary an anointed and inspired P.S. to the Word of God. Women preachers are quick to run to the Webster's Dictionary now, to remind us of how holy and true the lesbian mandated interpretation is. I guess they also think the "holy" trinity explained in Webster's, is also an anointed and inspired P.S. to the Word of God?

This is another example of how the Jezebel boys and girls always try to prove their case outside of the inspired Word of God and Biblical Revelation. They presume the gift of prophecy is automatic authority to speak for God as a Minister. They never take the time to answer why God forbade women the right to build altars and to offer sacrifices before the Law era. They never answer why God forbade women to be priestess under the Law. They never explain why God did not inspire a woman to write a single book of the Bible. They never produce a single Scripture that makes a prophetess have automatic anointing to assist in the Tabernacle. They never point out a single woman Apostle! In the entire 4,000 years of the Old Testament, there is not a single evidence of women in authority in Spiritual matters of redemption and salvation!

Deborah stands out to us more as an example of many woman who had a walk with God, were used of God, but backslid. If the account of Deborah has anything to say to women, it is to stay out of civil positions and roles of authority. These employments may lead to usurping a mental attitude of equality to Men of God, and may lead to the loss of one's soul. A second message of equal importance, is that women should seek a motherly spirit and be good at settling squabbles, instead of always being the one in the middle of a ruckus and causing unnecessary Church trouble. Third, stay near the Man of God, he is the one most likely to have his name enrolled among the heroes of faith. Encourage him, stand with him, sing with him, and support him, as he fights the enemies of God to preserve a safe haven for the people of God.

Deborah went to war with Barak, not to the Tabernacle to usurp a job as a priestess. The Old Testament is here a wonderful schoolmaster for all Apostolic Women. Seek the gift of prophecy. Be used of God. But stay out of the administration and authority of the Ministry of Jesus Messiah. In your search for the Apostolic Woman, do not admire or glory in women who have backslid and then claim to be called to preach. A true Apostolic Woman will never backslide. If trials and temptations come, she will wrap her soul around the altar, and seek for strength for another mile. She will not take up preaching to get even with women or men she perceives needs a scolding.

Last edited by BlessedinMsTn on 3/9/08 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/9/08 6:24 pm

Post BigPT R. Keith Whitt
BigPT wrote:
I just said women do not belong as the head of the church. Every denomination that has allowed it, and I mean everyone one of them, has gone by the wayside..

Would that include the Foursquare Gospel Church? I must have missed that one.

Keith
3/9/08 6:25 pm

Post Authors 8th point - Huldah BlessedinMsTn
Huldah lived approximately 655 years after Deborah. There were no recorded alleged "women priestesses" for nearly 20 generations. Could it be that a woman having the gift of prophecy was almost an unknown thing? In this case, over 20 generations and many tens of thousands, perhaps millions of people, never heard, saw, or knew of women having the gift of prophecy and claiming to be a preacher.

Huldah's gift did not automatically allow her to become a priestess in the Tabernacle. The record concerning Huldah reveals that her gift of prophecy was used outside of the Tabernacle and administrative authority of the Priesthood. In fact, she like Deborah, did not believe her gift qualified her into the Priesthood. So she, like Deborah, never went to the Tabernacle to demand assignment to duties or to receive the anointing and ordination into the Ministry.

Why is it, that those who use Huldah as an example to prove women priestesses and preachers, won't admit this? She did not go to the Tabernacle and demand acceptance and recognition as a priestess based upon her gift of prophecy. The use of this Godly woman does not prove the case for women priestesses and preachers at all. Instead of using Huldah to prove women can have the gift of prophecy, separate from the New Testament Ministry, the Jezebel boys and girls wrest the Word of God to make Huldah equal to a Priest, Apostle, Elder, Bishop, and Preacher. This is falsehood. If Huldah did not claim the ordination of Priesthood or as a Preacher, is it honest for a man or woman among our present Churches to presumptuously pretend to do it for her, 2,600 years after her death?

Many Apostolic Women have told me it is very embarrassing and condescending for a women preachers to lord over their husbands. They are confused as to how a woman with one gift can claim ordination as a preacher, while other women with different gifts of the same Spirit are not entitled to ordination as preachers? The question here is, why can one gift qualify a woman to preach, but others do not? The Jezebel boys and girls refuse to answer these questions.

Huldah prophesied one time in her life according to the Scriptures. What woman preacher who uses Huldah as a part of her credentials for ordination, is satisfied to preach one time? None of them! Fact is, Huldah prophesied, she did not preach! She did not parade up and down on a platform, or swish her skirt-tail up and down a Church isle, walking like a man behind a plow, yelling out her hatred for men who do not believe in women preachers.

I was at such a meeting. A woman got up and went through the she-ass proof of a woman's right to preach. She even suggested that the whale God used to swallowed Jonah was female. If the whale was indeed a female, perhaps she needed just as much a lesson as Jonah. She for having a big mouth, and Jonah for being rebellious. She would not have had three days of severe stomach indigestion if she had kept her mouth shut and quit looking for just any surface trash to satisfy her deep hunger. Many women have the same problem. They have big mouths. They are always looking outside the normal environment of the Church for some false thing out of the will of God to feed on. The whale a female....very funny.

Then this woman preacher said: "if God can use a rooster to preach to Peter, he can use a woman to preach to anyone." Women and men jumped up and danced in the isles, hooting, hollering, and yelling hallelujah! When it calmed down in a few seconds, I could not resist yelling out, "THANK GOD IT WASN'T A HEN!" There was a roar of laughter. An old farmer spoke up, "on the farm, we butcher the hens that try to crow." More laughter. Red-faced, angered that someone dare interrupt and put her falsehood in perspective, she really gave us what she felt was a good blistering. She used every kind of hateful put-down she could, and nearly used profanity.

You think women preachers are humble? They all use false humility. Beneath the Pentecostal hair do, the femininity, the perfume, the sweet smile, and the put-on shamefacedness, is a hidden spirit. Tell her straight out you believe she has usurped a Ministry she is not entitled to, and she will become a witch. Question her right to preach without a New Testament qualification, and you've got big trouble. Do not honor her when you honor other Ministers and Preachers and you've got an enemy for life. Do not invite her to the platform with other Pastors and Preachers, and you have a plotting Jezebel who will turn her husband against you. Preach against women preachers and you'll have a she-devil. In our search for the Apostolic Woman, we should beware of the she-devils. A woman who has no control over her spirit, to be subjective to her husband or the male only Ministry of Jesus Messiah, is not a true Apostolic Woman.

It is very likely that Paul alluded to Huldah and other Old Testament women, when he ordered that they learn some things at home. The Pastor will teach her while at Church about Spiritual matters. It is her husband's place to teach her at home about family matters. The Church is not the place for a woman to discharge her complaints and questions about matters that concern her husband. If she would learn, then let her learn these things at home.

It is quite obvious that many use Biblical individuals with the gift of prophecy as their authority to preach. But it has been my experience that women who claim to be preachers, do not have the gift of prophecy at all. Once my claim here is broadly circulated, women will take up trying to call people out and prophesying in an attempt to prove me wrong. Yet they won't be preaching! I have never met a woman who had the gift of prophecy in over 44 years in the Apostolic Church and over 24 years of my Ministry. Most use the gift of interpretation of tongues and think this will substitute. Further, I have known no woman preacher since my childhood who only prophesied. 100 percent of their preaching is not prophecy at all. So under what gift are they qualified to preach if they do not have the gift of prophecy? The claim that a woman can preach, and does not need the gift of prophecy, makes ALL their arguments fall flat to the ground. They are not prophetesses, if they do not have the gift of prophecy! So preaching, as they describe it, has no relationship to the gift of prophecy or the Calling of a New Testament Minister.

Like good Protestants and Evangelicals, many will run to a trinity preacher whose Church or denomination does not believe in the Five-Fold-Ministry, or that the Holy Ghost and gifts are still in the Church today. They will adopt the theories of these men written in books. The doctrines of these harlot daughters, claim that the gifts and Five-Fold-Ministry ceased when the last Apostle died. These non-Spirit-filled men and women, then make the gift of prophecy and the office of a prophet, the same as one of their school-trained preachers. Thence, one of their preachers is also identical to a Prophet or the gift of prophecy. The word prophecy is made to mean "forth-telling" and not "fore-telling". They deny that prophecy is a gift of God to predict a future event or happening. To judge a Prophet, one has only to see if what he predicts comes to pass (Deut 18:22):

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Calling a Protestant Preacher a Prophet, who does not predict by the Calling of a Prophet or use of the gift of prophecy, is therefore a falsehood. It is a harlot daughter doctrine. It is nowhere found in the Bible. Many have fallen for a revised falsehood. They call prophecy preaching, because they do not have a Prophet or the gift of prophecy in their Churches. Pentecostals adopted this erroneous doctrine and thereby were able to claim that a woman preaching was prophesying. They reversed the interpretation, i.e., Church of Messiah: prophesying is preaching; women preacher groups: preaching is prophesying. Both are false because prophesying is predicting. If the "prediction" element is absent it can not be prophecy!

Aside from normal holiness and Apostolic criteria, there is no way to judge a prophet or prophetess except by the "come to pass" test in the Deuteronomy text. The gift of prophecy and the Calling of a Prophet, cannot be judged by examining non-prophetic words, which they call preaching. If a person never prophesies or use the gift of prophecy, we may never judge them as Prophets or having the gift of prophecy. Women preaching as prophesying is a clever falsehood.

Having made prophecy into preaching by a mischievous manipulation, this error is quickly extrapolated to the prophecy of Joel 2:28. The Jezebel boys and girls feel they now have a double-barrel shotgun to enforce women's right to preach behind the pulpit:

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out of my spirit upon all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions."

Does prophesy in this verse mean preach? Did the Holy Ghost make a mistake or did Joel write it wrong? Did God really say: "YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PREACH?" Did Joel 2:28, the "THIS IS THAT" of Peter's Pentecost message, mean the young boys and girls were going to preach? Is this what Peter pointed to and the thousands gathered around to see and hear? Did a single female preach before or after Peter that day? If they did not, then either Joel 2:28 did not come to pass and Peter lied! Or the word prophesy in the text of Joel does not mean to preach. It means they were speaking in tongues in another language, predicting and praising God! Which is valid?

It is devious to take a false interpretation of Joel 2:28 and backward interpolate this to Huldah and other women and make their gift of prophecy preaching. Huldah did not become a priestess in the house of God and preach. Any woman who yearns for Spiritual gifts should follow the example of Huldah and stay out of the Ministry of God. The gift of prophecy has no more right to march up and down in the Church and usurp control over the Ministry than any other gift present.

Huldah did not use her gift of prophecy to belittle her husband with a domineering, masculine, or brashy loud-mouth spirit. She prophesied. She predicted. No woman who uses this Godly Sister as a proof of ordination, has a right to do so. Huldah never once went to the Tabernacle to demand of the Priest, equality of Ministry, because of her gift of prophecy.

After Huldah, it will be nearly 195 years before the Jezebel boys and girls can find another woman prophetess to use as a proof for women preachers in the New Testament. Thus far, no women has become a priestess in the Tabernacle. No woman wrote a book of the Bible. No woman built an altar. No woman offered up her own sacrifice. In our search for the Apostolic Woman, let us not look up to and respect those women claiming authority to preach, but honor and esteem those who possess the gifts of the Spirit, and use them under the direct authority of the Pastor, down out of the pulpit.
3/9/08 6:28 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic