Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

An interesting sexual question.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Better Question: Would You Look At This Couple Different BV COG
After being asked this question?

Acts-dicted
3/3/06 11:26 am

Post Re: Better Question: Would You Look At This Couple Different Memory03
BV COG wrote:

most people probably would.

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/3/06 11:31 am

Post absolutely not daisy24
I would not look at anyone differently for asking me that question. Maybe it's because I'm younger or how I was raised, but I am very comfortable with the subject of sex. It doesn't make me uncomfortable to hear questions about it at all. My parents were very open in educating me about sex as a child in a healthy & appropriate way. My mom always told me to never push my personal 'do's & don'ts' off on others (obviously the gray areas here, not Biblical stuff). She taught me this because just because something is my opinion doesn't mean I should taint something that someone else may enjoy.

Why does the use of sex toys have to mean that there are 'inadequacies'? Can't they be used simply to spice things up if both partners consent to it? Why is it considered dirty & inappropriate to try new things? I think that's why a lot of people cheat. Things got a little dull. So why not enjoy fun, new & adventurous things with your spouse?
Acts Enthusiast
3/3/06 11:44 am

Post Are There Toys Available For Purchase At Wal-Mart BV COG
Maybe that's where the "dirty" factor comes into the picture, because I don't that one could walk in the local Wal-Mart and buy these things, can they?

Acts-dicted
3/3/06 11:47 am

Post Not yet....... sheepdogandy
but today isn't over.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/3/06 11:54 am

Post Maybe Ebay Would Have These Toys For Sale? BV COG
Shocked

Acts-dicted
3/3/06 11:55 am

Post Re: absolutely not Memory03
daisy24 wrote:
I would not look at anyone differently for asking me that question. Maybe it's because I'm younger or how I was raised, but I am very comfortable with the subject of sex. It doesn't make me uncomfortable to hear questions about it at all. My parents were very open in educating me about sex as a child in a healthy & appropriate way. My mom always told me to never push my personal 'do's & don'ts' off on others (obviously the gray areas here, not Biblical stuff). She taught me this because just because something is my opinion doesn't mean I should taint something that someone else may enjoy.

Why does the use of sex toys have to mean that there are 'inadequacies'? Can't they be used simply to spice things up if both partners consent to it? Why is it considered dirty & inappropriate to try new things? I think that's why a lot of people cheat. Things got a little dull. So why not enjoy fun, new & adventurous things with your spouse?

because of all the sex toys I've ever seen (only on TV by the way) they all are designed to pleasure a womern. I've yet to see one designed to pleasure a man. what if your husband brought home a fake vagina (if that is possible) ? how would you feel? it would probably make you feel inadequate.

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/3/06 11:57 am

Post Get the book "Sheet Music" by Kevin Lehman caseyleejones
It was recommended by the ACTS crew. The day it came, my wife read it before I got home from work. She loved it and it answered alot of her questions and mine.

But its amazing though. Two things that get the most and quickest replies are sex and Beaulah. I at times have to wait several hours to any of my questions answered. Laughing
Acts-perienced Poster
3/3/06 12:31 pm

Post Re: absolutely not Scott Simms
Memory03 wrote:

because of all the sex toys I've ever seen (only on TV by the way) they all are designed to pleasure a womern. I've yet to see one designed to pleasure a man. what if your husband brought home a fake vagina (if that is possible) ? how would you feel? it would probably make you feel inadequate.

there are plenty of toys for men including the one you asked if it was possible or not. And No I do not own any.

Would whipped cream be considered a toy?
Acts Enthusiast
3/3/06 12:52 pm

Post Re: Better Question: Would You Look At This Couple Different Way Word Worship
Memory03 wrote:
BV COG wrote:

most people probably would.

I thought: Seeing a picture of somebody with their finger up the nose would change how you think of them.
3/3/06 12:56 pm

Post Ver-r-r-r-r-y Interesting GAPREACHER
I agree with some of the statements made here, Raf and others, but it causes me to ask another question. I am not being judgmental, but why is it that God's greatest creation,humanity, desires to take what God have given us to use for love and fulfillment for one another and use it in a degrading way? Not even animals do that. Shocked Are we now stating that animals have higher sexual standards than humanity? New Member
3/3/06 12:57 pm

Post WWBD roughridercog
What
Would
Beaulah
Do
?
Acts Mod
3/3/06 1:02 pm

Post Welp... KariJay
This is a serious issue...that's a certainty. However, I can't help but laugh at some of the things being said.

Though, I'm not married and have not begun that particular "journey" I do believe that those things are up to the married couple.

And NO...I would not look at this couple differently. Every married couple has sex (or have before Confused ) so it wouldn't shock me that they are going about it differently than I or anyone else would. That part of a marriage is private, anyway.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/3/06 1:41 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post If sex is only a pure and holy thing.... tigerlily1717
...then please beam me up, Scotty. Don't misunderstand, please. Of course sex between a husband and wife is pure and holy. But when that is the only way it is treated.....BORING. There are times it is loving, and there are times when it is just fun. There is nothing wrong with spicing it up....but it should remain between the husband and wife. There is nothing ungodly about the marriage bed. I'm not a theologian, but I do read my Bible and I see no prohibitions when it talks about the marriage bed.

3/3/06 2:27 pm

Post Re: If sex is only a pure and holy thing.... daisy24
tigerlily1717 wrote:
...then please beam me up, Scotty. Don't misunderstand, please. Of course sex between a husband and wife is pure and holy. But when that is the only way it is treated.....BORING. There are times it is loving, and there are times when it is just fun. There is nothing wrong with spicing it up....but it should remain between the husband and wife. There is nothing ungodly about the marriage bed. I'm not a theologian, but I do read my Bible and I see no prohibitions when it talks about the marriage bed.

YES!!! You are so right! Everyone has different preferences & likes. But there is this old-fashioned idea that Christians have to have boring sex. I believe pretty much anything goes as long as it is between the husband and wife and it doesn't go against the Bible (like adultery and third parties & all that). It's intended for pleasure which means there shouldn't have to be just one uniform way to enjoy it.
Acts Enthusiast
3/3/06 2:40 pm

Post Re: absolutely not thejanitor
daisy24 wrote:

Don''t you think evenutally one spouse will start using the spice without the other one?

I would like someone who has counseling experience to speak to this.But I can tell you from personal friends who got caught up in using other things to spice up the bedroom life that it eventually led to an insatiable sexual appetite. My mother told me that "you don't have to experience everything there is just because it's there."
3/3/06 2:42 pm

Post Janitor... tigerlily1717
If one starts to "spice things up" without the other, then there is something wrong with that marriage, isn't there? I believe we are talking about healthy marriages, are we not? I don't think if it's a healthy marriage and they are "spicing it up" that it will tempt someone to be led into an insatiable sexual appetite and that they will start spicing things up on their own...in a healthy marriage. Did I say that I believe we are discussing healthy marriages?

3/3/06 3:07 pm

Post Re: Janitor... TheoloJohn
tigerlily1717 wrote:
If one starts to "spice things up" without the other, then there is something wrong with that marriage, isn't there? I believe we are talking about healthy marriages, are we not? I don't think if it's a healthy marriage and they are "spicing it up" that it will tempt someone to be led into an insatiable sexual appetite and that they will start spicing things up on their own...in a healthy marriage. Did I say that I believe we are discussing healthy marriages?

(DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU TEND TO BE PRUDISH)

Rather than being a sign of an unhealthy marriage, I would think a husband trying to do whatever was necessary to please his wife sexually would be a sign of a good, healthy, loving relationship.

My wife and I have a very healthy marriage, and for me at least, I want to do all I can to gratify her sexually. With us guys it's generally not that difficult or complicated to reach orgasm, but as far as I know (from what I've heard and experienced), it's not nearly as easy for most women to reach climax.

For that reason, even though the marriage itself may be perfectly healthy emotionally, if the husband truly wants his wife to experience the ultimate in sexual fulfillment, at least oral or manual stimulation of the lady's private parts is necessary, according to all the Christian marriage counseling books I've seen.

So far we've never needed anything but what nature bestowed upon us to satisfy each other, but I honestly don't see how...er...um...toys and such would violate any scriptural principles if a mutually consenting couple were so inclined as to use such things. The marriage bed is undefiled.

Last edited by TheoloJohn on 3/3/06 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
3/3/06 3:43 pm

Post Theolojohn, tigerlily1717
I think you misunderstood. Re-read my post. Janitor thought that if a couple tried to "spice things up" that it meant that the one spouse would start to spice things up without the other one, and I was disagreeing, because that would not happen in a healthy marriage, because then it would not be mutually consenting.

3/3/06 3:54 pm

Post Could You Imagine If Wal-Mart Did Sell These Toys BV COG
And standing in the check out where a member of the church was in front of you purchasing their new toy?

And if whip cream is a crime, lock me away, it's so good on my ice coffee from Starbucks! Wink

Acts-dicted
3/3/06 4:11 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic