Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Q. Would You Vote For Newt?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you vote for Newt?
Yes.
78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
No.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Other (please explain)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Message Author
Post Q. Would You Vote For Newt? Ronald
There are "far more" reasons to vote for him than reasons not to vote for him. Friendly Face
7/27/07 10:20 am

Post Too much baggage and too old of a face for politics.... caseyleejones
I once thought jack kemp would be great but he has been in too long. That is why a fresh face many times has an advantage. Acts-perienced Poster
7/27/07 10:26 am

Post It's according Larry Wiley
My problem with Newt is, at the very time he was after Pres. Clinton for the Monica ordeal, he was "playing the field".

If there is another candidate I can feel good about voting for I will vote for them.

I cannot support anyone who will support abortion.
7/27/07 10:31 am

Post My sentiments Phil Hoover
Larry Wiley wrote:
My problem with Newt is, at the very time he was after Pres. Clinton for the Monica ordeal, he was "playing the field".

Exactly.

Former Speaker of the House Gingrich is one of the most brilliant minds to ever "work" in the nation's capitol.

But the above stated reason is the only heartburn I would have with his candidacy.

If he is the GOP nominee, I will give him SERIOUS consideration.

www.philhoover-chicago.blogspot.com
Acts-pert Poster
7/27/07 11:07 am

Post DHDRabbi
Larry...it was his personal life. I thought that wasn't supposed to matter if he was doing his job. Very Happy

I see....it's just your personal life if you're a democrat, but if you're a Republican, it's different. I see now.

Would I vote for Newt? That's a tricky question. If you're talking about in the general election, I will vote for whoever has the R next to his/her name.
If you're talking about in the Republican primary, it depends on the other candidates and how they are stacking up at that time. I will vote for whoever will win the general election, so if the polls say that Newt cannot beat the Democrat, I won't vote for Newt. I don't know who I'm voting for right now.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/27/07 11:14 am

Post I WOULD vote for Newt... Yo Dude
He is the ONLY candidate, either party, that has any pungency, that makes me think it would NOT be more of the same.

So far, I will not be voting for anyone in EITHER party--thay are all just more of the same. And I'm sick of it.
Acts-dicted
7/27/07 11:21 am

Post Rab...... caseyleejones
Quote:
I see....it's just your personal life if you're a democrat, but if you're a Republican, it's different. I see now.

That argument is not really valid because we as christians hold a different value system than the world. Its all wrong.

Clinton was wrong just as Newt was wrong. To step into that argument and divide the two......I'm not really sure that is one that we can take or make.

Maybe I will get hit by this but in all reality, leaders who call themselves christians should be held to a higher standard by us. I expect the world to act worldly. By worldly standards, they should be kept equal, but we don't live by worldly standards.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/27/07 11:35 am

Post casey - what about your rule of law bat you've The One Eyed Jack
been beating me with over Libby?

You said
Quote:
Clinton was wrong just as Newt was wrong. To step into that argument and divide the two......I'm not really sure that is one that we can take or make.

Newt was "just as wrong" as Clinton? When did Newt commit perjury? When did Newt attempt to have others commit perjury?

That was always Newt's issue with Clinton. Not his infidelity, but his perjury. Clinton deliberately lied to a grand jury. As tough as you have been on Scooter Libby I cannot believe you would equate Clinton's wrongdoing with Newt's.

Are you sure that there is no distinction between what Clinton did and what Newt did? Or do you just cherry-pick when you will stand on your "rule of law" soapbox?
7/27/07 12:30 pm

Post DHDRabbi
casey...I'm saying that when it happened to Clinton....having a perverted affair IN the Oval Office.... some said that it was his personal life and doesn't have anything to do with his ability to do his job. BUT....when it's Newt or any other Republican, it is all of a sudden wrong.

Can you imagine what would happen if George Bush played cigars with a young intern in the Oval Office? I know, Clinton was impeached, but most in his party and Democrats everywhere said that it was his personal life.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/27/07 12:39 pm

Post The voice of reason here... Phil Hoover
GOP doesn't stand for "GOD'S OWN PARTY"--and it's time that people--particularly Christ-followers--understand that....

Perjury was wrong, and was an impeachable offense. It was so for Richard Nixon (who eventually resigned), and it was wrong for Bill Clinton (who was impeached, but not found guilty.)

Did the Senate/House of Representatives have any business investigating the "sex life" of the 42nd President of the United States? That was the real question in the late 1990s. Since nothing was found in the whole WHITEWATER hullaballou....Kenneth Starr had to find something. Sex is always an attention-grabber.

Thanks to Linda Tripp et al...the President's personal life became "the investigation."

Do I condone what President Clinton did? Absolutely not.

Was it anyone's business, other than his and his family's? In my opinion, Absolutely not.

Now for the former Speaker of the House Gingrich:

He is a brilliant, brilliant man. He has had more than his share of moral indiscretions--to be very diplomatic about it. On his third wife, I'm not sure I could explain to my younger nieces and nephews why we want the person in the Oval Office to have impeccable moral standards...but yet we have elected a president who has had at least three wives--two of them of which he had affairs while still married.

That's the dilemma for me.

Other than that ONE dilemma, I could vote for the former Speaker of the House Gingrich....

Acts-pert Poster
7/27/07 1:24 pm

Post DHDRabbi
Quote:
Was it anyone's business, other than his and his family's? In my opinion, Absolutely not.

You've got to be kidding. You just reinforced what I was saying. OF COURSE it was MY business. He was playing cigar games with a young intern and messing up her blue dress IN MY HOUSE. You bet it's MY business.

Do you condone it? did you even have to answer that. I would assume that not only would you not condone it, you would DEMAND it to stop. Any CEO in America would have been FIRED on the spot had he been caught doing that in his office. It's just his personal life? Good grief.

As for your GOP comment. I have never said anything about mixing my religion with my politics. You are assuming if you are directing that to me.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/27/07 1:33 pm

Post I was not directing it to you... Phil Hoover
DHDRabbi wrote:
Quote:

You've got to be kidding. You just reinforced what I was saying. OF COURSE it was MY business. He was playing cigar games with a young intern and messing up her blue dress IN MY HOUSE. You bet it's MY business.

Do you condone it? did you even have to answer that. I would assume that not only would you not condone it, you would DEMAND it to stop. Any CEO in America would have been FIRED on the spot had he been caught doing that in his office. It's just his personal life? Good grief.

As for your GOP comment. I have never said anything about mixing my religion with my politics. You are assuming if you are directing that to me.

I wasn't directing it to you, in particular, but to ALL OF US in general.

The Republican Party regards "christians" the same way that the Democratic Party has regarded "Blacks" and other minorities: Use them to get what they want.

GOP does not stand for "God's Own Party"....and the Democrats are no less holy, and no more Godly than the Republicans...

Acts-pert Poster
7/27/07 2:17 pm

Post Larry Wiley
Quote:
Clinton deliberately lied to a grand jury.

"It's according to what the meaning of the word is, is".

I wish I could type this with a scratchy voice.
7/27/07 4:49 pm

Post I don't trust him roughridercog
And I don't like him.
7/27/07 9:55 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic