Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why we are losing our BRIGHTEST and our BEST
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Travis Johnson
Telecaster wrote:
Well, I'm sorry you feel like you've got be Kevin's savior.

Is this kind of thing necessary?
Acts-dicted
4/3/07 4:46 pm

Post Telecaster
Travis Johnson wrote:
Telecaster wrote:
Well, I'm sorry you feel like you've got be Kevin's savior.

Is this kind of thing necessary?

It is as necessary as the responses you've given to me.
Acts Enthusiast
4/3/07 4:46 pm

Post Then... prefontaine
Let them revoke it. If he is "using" his license for anything outside of the COG. That is more on the COG than the pastor. According to that, it doesn't say that we need to turn them in if we go outside of the COG.
I am just thrilled that we got the argument...oops, discussion...into it's 10th page...lets go for 10 more.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/3/07 4:48 pm

Post Travis Johnson
Telecaster wrote:

I've given you one terse response and it was one too many. We don't need to talk to one another as anything less than humans. The name calling and divisiveness is unnecessary. I'm sorry for going there.
Acts-dicted
4/3/07 5:09 pm

Post Travis Johnson
Does Walter P. Atkinson have his credentials still? I've heard mixed reports. Does anyone know? Acts-dicted
4/3/07 5:10 pm

Post I would tell you... prefontaine
But then I'd have to kill you...

Actually, never heard of the guys, so I'm no help at all.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/3/07 5:16 pm

Post Serious question... Grandpa Cleland
Let me ask this question...

Lets say, a man is a credentialed with the Church of God. He is starting a church that... well for the sake of argument, lets say it is an EMERGENT church... It is NOT affiliated with the Church of God, tho said minister still holds credentials with the organization.

I am fine with said minister holding credentials with COG and starting independent work... My question is this..?

When his ministerial report says Do you pay tithes, what does minister put on that blank?

Or what about all of the others on the board that believe tithes are "OT LAW" etc. and feel that we are no longer required to tithe... . what do they write on their ministerial report.... If they don't pay "tithe" because they don't believe in it, what do they put that on the report?

Just Curious!!

*Edited by grandpa to add missing words.

Grandpa
Acts-celerater
4/3/07 5:24 pm

Post Why can't he say... prefontaine
Yes...why wouldn't he pay tithe? Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/3/07 5:30 pm

Post Re: Serious question... KevinLloyd
Grandpa Cleland wrote:

Lets say, a man is a credentialed with the Church of God. He is starting a church that... well for the sake of argument, lets say it is an EMERGENT church... It is NOT affiliated with the Church of God, tho said minister still holds credentials with the organization.

I am fine with said minister holding credentials with COG and starting independent work... My question is this..?

When his ministerial report says Do you pay tithes, what does minister put on that blank?

Or what about all of the others on the board that believe tithes are "OT LAW" etc. and feel that we are no longer required to tithe... . what do they write on their ministerial report.... If they don't pay "tithe" because they don't believe in it, what do they put that on the report?

Just Curious!!

Grandpa

i would put yes.
www.kevinlloydlive.com
www.twitter.com/kevinlloyd
Acts-celerater
4/3/07 5:42 pm

Post Grandpa Cleland
Quote:

then the next line is where?______________

What if you say Saturn Baptist Church... isn't that a sure sign that you are pastoring a church outside of the COG? Won't they give you a call about your reports?
Acts-celerater
4/3/07 5:50 pm

Post That's when integrtiy comes in... prefontaine
You just answer honestly. It's not like Kevin is being secretive about planting a on-COG church. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/3/07 5:56 pm

Post What? Grandpa Cleland
Who was talking about Kevin???? Acts-celerater
4/3/07 6:02 pm

Post Well... prefontaine
I'm not saying you were throwing stones, but it would be like talking about someone breaking the home run record, but not referencing Barry Bonds. Kevin is the person that we all know to be doing exactly what we are discussing...there is no sense in beating around the bush. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/3/07 6:14 pm

Post Memory03
Travis Johnson wrote:
Do we have precedence of COG ministers ministering outside the COG yet still able to retain their credentials?

Trav... if l am recalling correctly, they have one year to bring the congregation into the CoG... it may be up to the AB though...

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/3/07 6:28 pm

Post Grandpa Cleland
Pre, if i had a question for Kevin, I would ask it outright... If you read my other posts with Kevin, you will see that I had no problem asking him questions... The only problem that I have with my conversation with Kevin is, he likes to talk and ask questions, but doesn't like to answer ...

Laughing Laughing
Acts-celerater
4/3/07 6:28 pm

Post Grandpa... prefontaine
I didn't mean to imply anything bad about your post. I assumed we were talking about Kevin because he was the first to be asked the question about turning in his license...sorry if I offended you. My folks certainly taught me to respect my elders. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/3/07 6:36 pm

Post Telecaster
Travis Johnson wrote:
Telecaster wrote:

I've given you one terse response and it was one too many. We don't need to talk to one another as anything less than humans. The name calling and divisiveness is unnecessary. I'm sorry for going there.

I agree and apologize for my part in kind. That's not my intention ever and I'm sorry you guys feel I'm always negative. My posts are meant to challenge and are also quite quizzical as I'm trying to understand scriptural relevance to this "emergent" thing. As many other posts are up, I don't know that emergents know what an emergent is.

Either way, I would say the COG is definitely not losing it's brightest and best.
Acts Enthusiast
4/3/07 6:51 pm

Post Re: Serious question... Telecaster
KevinLloyd wrote:
Grandpa Cleland wrote:

Just Curious!!

Grandpa

i would put yes.

Not intended to bully . . . but isn't that lying? The report is meant for COG ministers. It is understood if you put yes, it is in a COG. Of course, I believe you have to put where they are paid too.
Acts Enthusiast
4/3/07 6:53 pm

Post We did it... prefontaine
We are on page 11 now...stay focused, we can make it to 20, but it will take hard work and determination. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/3/07 6:56 pm

Post We should be able to agree! Rayford J. Bethune
I think we can all agree on at least one thing concerning the COG losing it's best, brightest, and young.

That is, that through 10 pages of discussion, some off of the topic, that there is practically NO proof that the COG is losing it's future. At least on 2 other post I put out some numbers concerning the COG and people that are entering the ministry and no one could validate any numbers to offset those entering the ministry in the COG.

Therefore, in my opinion we should just concede the fact that the COG has lost some good men and women, but by no means are we losing all of them. NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Again, since 1997,(when I was credentialed) over 15,000 other ministers have been credentialed. Now, unless we have lost thousands of ministers during that time, we are growing. I am sorry that some felt the need to leave, I pray the best on them, but the COG is full of young and middle age, and older ministers that are going to continue the work of the COG and the work of God, building His Kingdom.

One other thing, if your a young minister reading these post, do not think the COG has no place for you because of some of the opinions on this board. The COG has never told me how to pastor, even when we planted our church in August of 06. They have supported us financially and spiritually. Only words of encouragement has come from my state officials, and I have no reason to believe that it will not continue.

There is one thing that our church plans on doing. When we can financially afford it we want to return all monies given to us so that another church can be helped. Isn't that what true ministry is about?

Thanks and God Bless!

Ray ford J. Bethune
Senior Pastor, The Refuge
Fort Payne, Alabama
Hey, DOC
4/3/07 7:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic