Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Super Bowl Poll

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your Super Bowl Pick
1. Colts by more than 7
44%
 44%  [ 21 ]
2. Bears by more than 7
21%
 21%  [ 10 ]
3. Colts by less than 7
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
4. Bears by less than 7
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 47

Message Author
Post Super Bowl Poll DHDRabbi
I think the Colts are picked by 7.

Last edited by DHDRabbi on 1/25/07 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/23/07 3:02 pm

Post Yeah, that's right! Axed1
Bears by more than 7. Probably more than 14
1/23/07 5:29 pm

Post fire-starter
I like the Colts, but let's be honest. They are not that great. They have squeaked through more times than rusty hinge. They are not dominate on offense or defense.

The bears however have a dominate defense and and okay offense. The Bears will stop the Colts from making TDs and will win the game by more than 7 points.

(I honestly hope the Colts prove me wrong; Peyton deserves a Super Bowl.)
Acts Enthusiast
1/23/07 6:13 pm

Post Fire-starter, do you know what you are talking about? humbleurself
32 points in one half against one of the so-called best defenses in the NFL...thats not dominant? Peyton to Marvin Harrison, already the greatest passing tandem in NFL history, thats not dominant? Adam Veniteri, possibly the greatest kicker in NFL history, thats not dominant? Peyton Manning, 49 TD passes, shattering a single season record a few years ago, thats not dominant? ARE YOU CRAZY! Newbie
1/23/07 11:00 pm

Post Firestarter knows what he is talking about .. Rafael D Martinez
The Colts will lose to the Bears. They will stomp them.

Few of the "expert" talking heads on sports TV gave the Bears much of a chance against the Big Bad Saints. We were supposed to see the Breese and Bush Show march up and down all over the Bears in a display of the power of the most potent offense of the NFC. The Monsters were not only disrespected, but dissed altogether by commentators who only saw ratings .. not reality. They wanted Cinderella to be crowned .. and she went home in the pumpkin ..

Even as the Saints withered under 23 unanswered points, the brainless commentators at FOX still didn't get it. One of them said verbatim in the closing moments of the game "Even if the Bears win this game and move on to the Super Bowl, you know of course they will still be UNDERDOGS ..." The absolute idiocy of that statement was unbelievable, and I think it was Buck who said that, not Aikman. Aikman wasn't that stupid.

What was that the "experts" said all last week? The "BEST" offense?

I was waiting to see it .. and the most memorable play they had was Bush showboating in the end zone with an arrogance that almost got him punched out by some very angry Bear players. Even he had to apologize to his coach. I wish that snowball someone threw at him that detonated in the spot he walked away from a second later would have connected. I wonder how much dance he had later that night.

Rex Grossman is no Peyton Manning, but when he gets his head out of the turf, he's a good alternative and he's shown it all season -- unfortunately, with far too many mental lapses. But he showed a poise during the game that shows he's well on the way to being a fine quarterback. And Mr. Benson and Mr. Thomas were no slouches either, along with the rest of the offense.

And we don't even NEED to mention the Defense. THEY will win the game if necessary if Grossman's arm falls off. When Breese had the safety blown on him in the third quarter, I knew right then and there the Bears would win. And I think everyone else did too .. including the Saints.

And you think Peyton and his bunch are going to be somehow better? Come on. They will make it interesting .. but the Bears will NOT be denied this year. The Windy City will win the Bowl .. gullORRRY !

Bears by 10 -- maybe 14. BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS!

Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? Galatians 4:16

These are trying times. Everyone's trying something and getting caught. The Church Lady, 1987
Acts-dicted
1/23/07 11:31 pm

Post The old saying is... Kyle Percival
Defense wins championships.

We'll see if that's true on 2-4-07.

If Urlacher and company can continue their defensive prowess, they should win the Super Bowl. ESPN the magazine predicted they would be in the Super Bowl three months ago. Cool

Personally, I don't see it happening. I pick the Colts by less than 7. Shocked

I want a good close Super Bowl. Peyton throws a TD in the waning minutes to win his first ring. Smile
1 Cor. 10:31
Acts-celerater
1/24/07 4:58 am

Post juice box
Rafael if you remember EVERY I MEAN EVERY "expert" went against the colts when they played the chiefs, the ravens, and most against the pats.
So I don't want to hear about the experts calling the bears the underdogs the Colts have been all year!!!!! Yes Peyton will be better than Drew he has a ton more experience and is just plain better. I see a great Superbowl and a pretty close one and don't forget the Colts defense is playing like a champion in this post season. not great but good enough. I want it to be close but COLTS by more than 7

Fire you will be proven wrong the colts offense will be working this game and be able to get behind the DB's with Harrison and Wayne and get under them with Clark and the TE. then a healthy dose of Addai and Rhodes Shocked wow look out Miami INDY IS COMMIN

One last thing don't forget about Grossy on his back at least 5 times if not more this game. My man freeny will take care of that.

I am looking forward to one of the best Superbowl's in a long time. I really don't want a blowout I'd like it to be close but with some scoring and maybe a last second TD or field goal to win it. But like I said COLTS by more than 7

Marching on for BV his legend will never die
Friendly Face
1/24/07 5:18 am

Post Kyle, Phil Hoover
Kyle Percival wrote:
Defense wins championships.

We'll see if that's true on 2-4-07.

If Urlacher and company can continue their defensive prowess, they should win the Super Bowl. ESPN the magazine predicted they would be in the Super Bowl three months ago. Cool

Personally, I don't see it happening. I pick the Colts by less than 7. Shocked

I want a good close Super Bowl. Peyton throws a TD in the waning minutes to win his first ring. Smile

My brother, my friend, my fellow Lee Alum, my fellow-comrade in arms at Medlin Hall many years ago:

BEARS by less than 7...

BUT BEARS IT WILL BE!
Acts-pert Poster
1/24/07 8:56 am

Post Re: Yeah, that's right! broncofan
Axed1 wrote:
Bears by more than 7. Probably more than 14

Reminds me of a song with the words "Dream On, Dream On". Smile
1/24/07 9:47 am

Post Re: Fire-starter, do you know what you are talking about? fire-starter
humbleurself wrote:
32 points in one half against one of the so-called best defenses in the NFL...thats not dominant? Peyton to Marvin Harrison, already the greatest passing tandem in NFL history, thats not dominant? Adam Veniteri, possibly the greatest kicker in NFL history, thats not dominant? Peyton Manning, 49 TD passes, shattering a single season record a few years ago, thats not dominant? ARE YOU CRAZY!

None of that in the post season. The Colts always choke. They are dominant in the beginning of a season, okay in the middle, and then terrible at the end.
Plus, they lost to the Texans, right before the post-season. That is a discgrace.
Acts Enthusiast
1/24/07 12:13 pm

Post Again, I Voted Only Once! BV COG
COLTS by 7!

Acts-dicted
1/24/07 12:29 pm

Post Let it be known... whocansatisfy
The Bears by more than 7. Friendly Face
1/24/07 6:25 pm

Post juice box
Fire I know that deep down you love the COLTS and this is just a way of lashing out at the thing you deeply long for Razz

Probably the only time I will agree with you is that IN THE PAST the COLTShave had their share of problems in the post season. But I'm not sure if you new this but they are going to the Superbowl this year. So no problems this year. Plus they have the best touchdown combo EVER Manning to Harrison. cant stop that.

So once again IMHO you have no idea what you are talking about your probably a Radiers fan anyway
as usual that is my juicy $.05

Friendly Face
1/25/07 5:10 am

Post BAM BAM BAM I just want to remind you all Judge Roy Bean
There ain't no gambling allowed. If you do and get caught, you'll spend the Super Bowl in the bearcage and all money involved will be confiscated and put into the Jersey Lilly treasury.

You have the word of a Texan on it.
1/25/07 9:32 am

Post Firestarter BV COG
So what, COLTS got beat by the Texans... let's review who the bears got beat by?

Acts-dicted
1/25/07 10:58 pm

Post fire-starter
juice box wrote:
Fire I know that deep down you love the COLTS and this is just a way of lashing out at the thing you deeply long for Razz

Probably the only time I will agree with you is that IN THE PAST the COLTShave had their share of problems in the post season. But I'm not sure if you new this but they are going to the Superbowl this year. So no problems this year. Plus they have the best touchdown combo EVER Manning to Harrison. cant stop that.

So once again IMHO you have no idea what you are talking about your probably a Radiers fan anyway
as usual that is my juicy $.05

Actually I am a Panthers fan. I like Peyton Manning, not so fond of the Colts per se. I know what I am talking about, and Colt fans don't want to admit it. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. The Colts do not have a dominate defense, but the Bears have an extremely dominate defense. I don't think the Colts will win against this defense.
Acts Enthusiast
1/26/07 1:19 am

Post juice box
Well the Ravens had a "dominate d" but we handled them just like the majority of the rest of the teams we played. I know that #18 will exploit the secondary of the Bears D. I know that the bears d is awesome but the O of the colts will find a way to win.
Because we all know that grossman and the bears offense is not that good, they showed a flash of what they could be but IMO Rex will not be able to handle the pressure. The bears D will be on the field the whole game and be tired at the end and that is when #18 and #88 and #87 will go to work. and if need be we have a pretty good pressure kicker to help us out.

Friendly Face
1/26/07 5:19 am

Post TheoloJohn
I think da Bears' defense will be the deciding factor. If da Bears' defensive team is on their game, Indy won't be able to do a thing.
1/26/07 10:41 am

Post curly
I hope the Colts win. Acts Enthusiast
1/27/07 12:51 am

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Colts 31 - Bears 10 Mat
Colts
4 TDs (two passing two running) 1 FG

Bears
1 TD (running) 1 FG

Remember how the Bears played against the Cards for the first three quarters during a Monday night game. It will be much warmer at the Super Bowl then it was in Chicago last week.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
1/31/07 4:02 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic