Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Pointe
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post bonnie knox
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Sadly...NBFs wisdom was overlooked. It was well researched and accurate. But the world doesn't want the truth anymore. They miss the Pointe. Twisted Evil

You correctly defined "pointe" as in ballet. But it wasn't exactly relevant to the, dare I say, pointe under discussion. Twisted Evil
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/31/15 9:28 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
bonnie knox wrote:
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Sadly...NBFs wisdom was overlooked. It was well researched and accurate. But the world doesn't want the truth anymore. They miss the Pointe. Twisted Evil

You correctly defined "pointe" as in ballet. But it wasn't exactly relevant to the, dare I say, pointe under discussion. Twisted Evil

I don't see your Pointe?
12/31/15 11:09 pm

Post Dear Mr underwood brotherjames
As a coach for church planters, a lead pastor, a District Official et al, who has had to sit through seminars, conferences, core group discussions ad nauseum on church growth, seeker sensitivity, missional, and a score of other names for similar stuff, I think I know plenty. Missional is just one of bunch of names that mean different things to different people. It just depends on the person marketing the latest, greatest "tool -book- you name it. To some missional means having a.mission statement, to others it is having a mission to present the gospel in a new way to new people, to others it is marketing.

Here is an article from Christianity Today from 2008 that lays out the confusion very succinctly. I was addressing the marketing aspect. So before you label me as uninformed you might want to get a bit more informed yourself. Just sayin. Seeker sensitive started it addressing felt needs. Willow Creek was the epitome of that. But, even they discovered they were making some very shallow "Christians". Making your name cool by adding an e is just symptomatic of the whole schtick. Fine by me, as long as true discipleship is taking place. Unfortunately, in many places that isn't the case.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2008/march/16.56.html#bmb=1
Acts-celerater
1/1/16 12:53 pm

Post Re: Dear Mr underwood Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
before you label me as uninformed you might want to get a bit more informed yourself. Just sayin.

Cool
Acts-pert Poster
1/1/16 2:13 pm

Post bonnie knox
I have a perversely pleasurable anticipation of what phil will say. Smile [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/1/16 2:32 pm

Post You would brotherjames
Twisted Evil Acts-celerater
1/1/16 5:05 pm

Post Re: OTCP Clint Wills
brotherjames wrote:
it is purely the missional, revelant, seeker, fill in the blank new word, attempt to sound new.

This may be best "un-bash" ever. I may be misunderstanding, but it sounds as though brotherjames is "accusing" churches of being missional, relevant, and sensitive to people who are seeking Jesus. I guess if those are the accusations, I'd like to be guilty.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/1/16 5:20 pm

Post On a side note... Clint Wills
I am beginning to feel like this topic is working into the regular rotation along with drinking, tattoos, etc. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/1/16 5:24 pm

Post Re: On a side note... bonnie knox
Clint Wills wrote:
I am beginning to feel like this topic is working into the regular rotation along with drinking, tattoos, etc.

an honery docterates
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/1/16 5:31 pm

Post Re: You would bonnie knox
brotherjames wrote:
Twisted Evil

Well, I'm just pulling up a chair and eating popcorn. I will see whether you
or phil can convince the other that he is REALLY the misinformed one.
We on the sidelines will be keeping track of pointes.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/1/16 5:39 pm

Post Re: On a side note... Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
Clint Wills wrote:
I am beginning to feel like this topic is working into the regular rotation along with drinking, tattoos, etc.

an honery docterates

Now what's the pointe a including honery docterates in the "regular rotation" a Acts threads. It aint brought up but about twice a month.
Acts-pert Poster
1/1/16 7:37 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
I'm a regular church attender. I go every Easter. Acts-pert Poster
1/2/16 8:07 am

Post Clint Wills
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I'm a regular church attender. I go every Easter.

I think North Point in Atlanta could probably really do something if they changed it to North Pointe. Apparently Andy needs to attend some church growth seminars.
1/2/16 9:08 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Clint Wills wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I'm a regular church attender. I go every Easter.

I think North Point in Atlanta could probably really do something if they changed it to North Pointe. Apparently Andy needs to attend some church growth seminars.

An especially if he had the Holy Ghost.
Acts-pert Poster
1/2/16 9:33 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
North Point would change to North Pointe if the county changed the name of the road to North Pointe Parkway. 😹 Acts-pert Poster
1/3/16 8:31 am

Post Clint Wills
Eddie Robbins wrote:
North Point would change to North Pointe if the county changed the name of the road to North Pointe Parkway. 😹

Have you lost all you sense of humor? I'm perfectly aware of why NP has it's name...you've come to their defense here a few times. That was kinda the joke. Wink Wink
1/3/16 12:54 pm

Post bonnie knox
Clint Wills wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:
North Point would change to North Pointe if the county changed the name of the road to North Pointe Parkway. 😹

Have you lost all you sense of humor? I'm perfectly aware of why NP has it's name...you've come to their defense here a few times. That was kinda the joke. Wink Wink

Not getting enough fat calories will do that to a person. Razz
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/3/16 12:55 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Clint Wills wrote:
Eddie Robbins wrote:

That was for everybody else! 😂

I added a funny face to it.
Acts-pert Poster
1/3/16 1:19 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Fellerse, thise "E" thinge ise gittine a little toe cuttine edge here............ Acts-pert Poster
1/3/16 1:51 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic