Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Was Hitler trying to create the State of Israel? (V)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Quiet Wyatt
Buchanan's pseudo-intellectual praise of Hitler and paranoid antisemitism is nothing new for him. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/18/15 7:39 am

Post Re: Uncle JD UncleJD
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Sorry, but you need to practice what you preach. Do you think Pat Buchanan, Aaron Scott and myself are just making this stuff up?

Sadly, no (but where it comes from is another fascinating discussion) I think you want to believe it though.

Resident Skeptic wrote:
Hitler didn't just wake up one day and say, "Hey, I think I'll invade Poland". I suggest you read Buchanan's book on this subject.

No, he certainly planned it. I think Poland was a sovereign nation and like many parts of Europe it had people of other ethnicity but that is no excuse for just giving Hitler what he wanted, just give him some land, maybe he'll be nice after that. Really? This is silly revisionism, something I thought you were against. Next we'll be hearing how the holocaust was either greatly exaggerated, our fault, or never happened.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/18/15 9:50 am

Post Re: Uncle JD Resident Skeptic
UncleJD wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:

Sorry, but you need to practice what you preach. Do you think Pat Buchanan, Aaron Scott and myself are just making this stuff up?

Sadly, no (but where it comes from is another fascinating discussion) I think you want to believe it though.

Resident Skeptic wrote:
Hitler didn't just wake up one day and say, "Hey, I think I'll invade Poland". I suggest you read Buchanan's book on this subject.

No, he certainly planned it. I think Poland was a sovereign nation and like many parts of Europe it had people of other ethnicity but that is no excuse for just giving Hitler what he wanted, just give him some land, maybe he'll be nice after that. Really? This is silly revisionism, something I thought you were against. Next we'll be hearing how the holocaust was either greatly exaggerated, our fault, or never happened.

Do you understand what it was that Hitler wanted from Poland, that Poland found his requests reasonable at first, and why they changed their minds and refused to continue negotiations?

I believe the Holocaust happened. Do you believe the Holodomor happened?

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 12/18/15 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
12/18/15 7:16 pm

Post Re: Uncle JD Resident Skeptic
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Do you think Pat Buchanan, Aaron Scott and myself are just making this stuff up?

Pretty much, yes. Buchanan's book uses exactly zero primary sources. You guys find secondary sources that kind of back up things you want to believe, and then stack them into a conspiracy theory about an event while ignoring a mountain of contradictory primary sources. I don't think you make things up intentionally, and I don't think Buchanan does either, but yes, that's pretty much exactly what you guys do.

Actually I wasn't talking to you. But you sure have presented little evidence yourself to contradict Buchanan's claims, or to support your claims about Buchanan's research methods. Have you read the book? No.

Last edited by Resident Skeptic on 12/18/15 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-dicted
12/18/15 7:19 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Buchanan's pseudo-intellectual praise of Hitler and paranoid antisemitism is nothing new for him.

Yes, wanting the USA to stay out of Israel's affairs is "anti-Semitic". And Buchanan does not praise Hitler. Americans simply do not like it when their shallow and simplistic views of history are exposed.
12/18/15 7:21 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Anyone who tries to paint Hitler as really well-meaning and just a tragically misunderstood chap is willfully ignorant of the facts of history. Hitler's own writings and speeches and actions reveal his heart was thoroughly evil.

Wanting the USA to stay out of Israel's affairs is not necessarily antisemitic.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/18/15 9:35 pm

Post Re: Was Hitler trying to create the State of Israel? (V) Mark Ledbetter
First, I viewed the videos.

Second, I researched the Transfer Agreement (or in Hebrew, Haavara Agreement).

After researching the the Transfer Agreement I believe the subject title to be ludicrous because in essence Hitler had little to do with the TA.

The agreement was motivated by the Germans Economic Ministry to break the economic boycott of German products by Polish Jews.

The Zionist Movement and Jewish Alyiah (Return) predated Nazi Germany by more than a decade. Eastern European Jews, as well as German Jews were already making their way home long before the TA was drafted.

The TA allowed Jews emigrating from Germany to retain some of their wealth and transferring it to an entity already established and involved in creating an infrastructure.

Polish Jews were against the TA because they believed the boycott was their way of forcing the Germans to change their anti-Jewish policies which were becoming more and more acute.

Hitler was not attempting to create a Jewish State but saw the TA as a pragmatic measure to break the boycott of German goods while emptying Germany of Jews.

Indeed, there was a Transfer Agreement but it suggests nothing the original post implies.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
12/18/15 10:26 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Anyone who tries to paint Hitler as really well-meaning and just a tragically misunderstood chap is willfully ignorant of the facts of history. Hitler's own writings and speeches and actions reveal his heart was thoroughly evil.

Wanting the USA to stay out of Israel's affairs is not necessarily antisemitic.

Look at the video I posted and please tell me where Buchanan thinks of Hitler as a good guy that is basically misunderstood. He simply does not do this.
12/19/15 5:52 am

Post Re: Was Hitler trying to create the State of Israel? (V) Resident Skeptic
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
First, I viewed the videos.

Second, I researched the Transfer Agreement (or in Hebrew, Haavara Agreement).

After researching the the Transfer Agreement I believe the subject title to be ludicrous because in essence Hitler had little to do with the TA.

The agreement was motivated by the Germans Economic Ministry to break the economic boycott of German products by Polish Jews.

The Zionist Movement and Jewish Alyiah (Return) predated Nazi Germany by more than a decade. Eastern European Jews, as well as German Jews were already making their way home long before the TA was drafted.

The TA allowed Jews emigrating from Germany to retain some of their wealth and transferring it to an entity already established and involved in creating an infrastructure.

Polish Jews were against the TA because they believed the boycott was their way of forcing the Germans to change their anti-Jewish policies which were becoming more and more acute.

Hitler was not attempting to create a Jewish State but saw the TA as a pragmatic measure to break the boycott of German goods while emptying Germany of Jews.

Indeed, there was a Transfer Agreement but it suggests nothing the original post implies.

I suggest you read the book written by the man in the video. Hitler certainly was not wanting to send Jews to Palestine because he wanted to help them in anyway. But sometimes what is meant for evil can be for good. The holocaust did indeed end up of having a major impact on the creation of the State of Israel. More should have taken advantage of the opportunity to get out while they could and head for the promised land.

Yes the Zionist movement predated the Nazis by many years. In fact, the Zionist leaders who convinced Britain not to make peace with Germany in WW1 , and who guaranteed the British they could influence the Americans to enter the war, did so more or less in exchange for Palestine.
12/19/15 5:57 am

Post Re: Was Hitler trying to create the State of Israel? (V) Mark Ledbetter
Resident, you wrote,

Quote:
I suggest you read the book written by the man in the video.

Have you read the book? You reverence the two links but make no reference to having read the book.

Maybe I missed that part of your posts.

And a few more questions:

Did you stumble upon this or were you researching the subject?

If you were researching the subject, what prompted you to research?
Spirit-Led
12/19/15 9:09 am

Post Re: Was Hitler trying to create the State of Israel? (V) Resident Skeptic
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
Resident, you wrote,

Quote:
I suggest you read the book written by the man in the video.

Have you read the book? You reverence the two links but make no reference to having read the book.

Maybe I missed that part of your posts.

And a few more questions:

Did you stumble upon this or were you researching the subject?

If you were researching the subject, what prompted you to research?

I read Buchanan's book and it created a curiosity to research further. That is when I discovered the transfer agreement.
12/19/15 3:33 pm

Post And so, Resident Skeptic, Mark Ledbetter
have you read Black's book?
Spirit-Led
12/19/15 8:58 pm

Post Re: And so, Resident Skeptic, Resident Skeptic
Mark Ledbetter wrote:

I did not hear about the transfer agreement initially from Black. I have studied many sources on the matter prior to even knowing about his book and after reading some of Buchanan's stuff. . I posted the video to promote discussion since he is Jewish. I ordered my copy this week. I suggest you do the same. Why this seems so unbelievable to you guys is beyond me.
12/19/15 11:03 pm

Post Transfer Agreement: Another Perspective Mark Ledbetter
Edwin Black, the son of a Holocaust survivor, has made his distinction as an investigative journalist and author and has won numerous awards for his writings. As his works might suggest, it is easy to understand why he has been labeled by reputable institutions as a “human rights journalist.” He has also been a major contributor to The Jerusalem Post, and one such article serves as an overview of his book The Transfer Agreement (TA) and is entitled “When Zionists made a deal with the Nazis.”

The Transfer Agreement, a.k.a. as Ha’avara (Hebrew for Transfer) Agreement, is a matter of historical record, collaborated by numerous historians, even though there is no document recording the agreement. The major parties involved in the TA include the German Economic Ministry, the German Zionists (and not all European or American Zionists), and what served as a Jewish holding company responsible for providing a Jewish infrastructure in Palestine, Jewish Yishuv (or “settlement).

Prior to the events in 1933, 1934 Germany, many German Jews were making Aliyah, or return to their homeland; yet, in order to do so they left basically with the clothes on their back and what belongings they could carry. The German Zionist’s chief motivation was to create a method of Jews retaining at least a portion of their wealth - the British required the equivalent of $5,000 to enter the land legally.

The Yishuv needed financial and material resources to provide an infrastructure that could absorb the influx of Jews. According to the TA, a portion of the financial arrangement was designed as German Goods to be transferred to the Yishuv when sold benefit their effort.

The motivation of the German Economic Ministry was to shatter the perceived effects of a Jewish call for a worldwide boycott of German goods.

When the TA came to light controversy divided worldwide Jewish position regarding its effects upon the boycott - especially the Polish Jews who called for the boycott in protest of Germany’s policy towards German Jews. The rift was experienced in Europe and the U.S. To the Polish Jews it appeared a betrayal.

In retrospect the boycott threat was minimal and actually did more harm than good for the Polish merchants depending upon German imports. The TA did provide temporary support for German Jews but the effects short-lived. One, the Yishuv was unable to accommodate the German goods and Jews in Palestine were experiencing what turned into a violent political division.

Two, the Nazis realized their support of the TA was producing undesired results. Historian Walter Laqueur writes:

The Nazis subsequently realized that the transfer agreement would was helping to develop Jewish industry in Palestine and thus fostering the aspirations towards a Jewish state (the words were Eichmann’s in an inner-office memo). This, needless to say, was highly undesirable, for it was Nazi policy to keep the Jews dispersed all over the world rather than promote the establishment of even a minute state (Documents on German Foreign Policy, series C, vol 5, no. 664.) Accordingly Berlin decided to phase out the transfer agreement. - A History of Zionism (1972).

In retrospect, to suggest German Zionist were in league with Hitler and his Nazi regime is reprehensible. Yet, when you filter the facts through the current events of the time, you may conclude it was the German Zionist’ willingness to enter, as Black’s op-ed suggests, make “a deal with the Nazis,” or the devil as others have suggested. They were trying to survive, and while it may seem their efforts were without consideration of European Jews as a whole, only the Polish Jews realized what the German Jews were facing, and they would face on a much broader and desperate level.

As Black suggests in his piece, it did save lives and did contribute to the establishment of a state. Perhaps their faulty perception of the impact of the boycott clouded their judgment when they agreed to the TA, and therefore they unwittingly played a very small part in the establishment of a Jewish Homeland. But, it was not the only contribution and it was not, as it has been suggested, the intent of the Hitler or the Nazis to create the State of Israel.

What is of concern is the manner in which Resident Skeptic depicted the issues with such broad strokes, viz., suggesting this was a Zionist initiative rather than German Zionist.

Also the implicit suggestion that the Zionist effort was in some way evil and interested only in the economic benefits imagined to be reaped. No doubt, like in any human movement, there are unscrupulous and immoral individuals looking for opportunities to exploit the situation for personal benefit (remember those involved in the 2008 U.S. economic collapse?). Zionism is not without exception.

Yet, the tone seems to suggest what has been suggested in more explicit manner - the Jews are the reason for all the ills in the world (e.g., The Protocols of the Elder, Blood Libels, Oppressors of Arab Palestinians, et al).

Zionism has a spiritual motivation and forecast by the Prophets. People struggle, Christians struggle, and even Evangelicals struggle with the State of Israel. They seem to hold a secular state to higher standards than the rest of the world. And they fail to recognize God’s prophetic plan for Israel’s spiritual restoration is preceded by the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and that includes a secular state until “all Israel is saved.”
Spirit-Led
12/19/15 11:28 pm

Post Re: And so, Resident Skeptic, Mark Ledbetter
Resident Skeptic wrote:
Mark Ledbetter wrote:

I did not hear about the transfer agreement initially from Black. I have studied many sources on the matter prior to even knowing about his book and after reading some of Buchanan's stuff. . I posted the video to promote discussion since he is Jewish. I ordered my copy this week. I suggest you do the same. Why this seems so unbelievable to you guys is beyond me.

I never posted I didn't believe the Transfer Agreement existed.

I just questioned you because you suggested I read the book when you yourself hadn't read the book.

Through his other works and articles Black has proven to be very supportive of Israel. TA has been publicly acclaimed by many, including other Jewish sources.

I know TA existed but never drew the conclusions you suggest here.
Spirit-Led
12/19/15 11:32 pm

Post (L)(V) Link
This thread reminds me of this cartoon parody about Hitler the anti-racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og
12/21/15 3:37 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic