Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

89% of American Muslims say terrorism can never be justified
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post JimmieDavis
No a personal attack is two jihadists entering a social services building killing 14 people in the name of a religion that calls for death. A personal attack is walking into a concert hall in Paris and blowing innocent people away. This political correctness movement is the pinnacle of calling evil good and good evil. You can sit with nick in a circle and puff on a peace pipes if you want to. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord and carry a .357 Friendly Face
12/9/15 7:18 pm

Post Re: What a pile of bull Nick Park
JimmieDavis wrote:
I don't trust the survey. I think nick park is a liberal fishing for pathetic support of his liberal ideaology. We are under attack in 30 years you want recognize America. Stop it, fix it then they can resume their migrating to America. Till then go move in next to nick. He's got a soft spot for you.

Here's a suggestion, my brother. Imagine if you didn't have to take a position based on whether it was 'conservative' or 'liberal'. Imagine if you could pray and study the Scriptures, and then reach an opinion based on what Jesus would have you say and do? Try it. It's wonderfully liberating.

Now, I'm not saying we would all agree on everything, because we all interpret Scripture differently at times. But at least we could listen to opposing viewpoints, try to be as informed as possible, and disagree respectfully as Christians, without thinking that labeling someone as 'liberal' or 'conservative' somehow clinches an argument.

For what it's worth my ideology is neither liberal nor conservative. I try to have a New Testament ideology. On some issues that places me way to the left of your Democrats. On other issues it puts me way to the right of your Republicans. And I've never fished for support for my views. I'm just old and ornery enough to be prepared to discuss a subject even when I know my views aren't going to be popular.

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
12/9/15 7:28 pm

Post UncleJD
I don't trust the survey either based on world-wide actions, but that doesn't mean Nick Park is a "liberal", etc... And sitting to smoke a pipe with Nick has more appeal than singing Jimmie Davis songs while talking about your .357 Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/9/15 7:32 pm

Post Can/Should Muslims Lie? Mark Ledbetter
Quote:
There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause of Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them.

For more info: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/011-taqiyya.htm

Of course, I'm sure we can find some among Christians, Jews, et al who justify a lie under certain/special circumstances.

The problem, however, radical Islamists are estimated to be only 10% of all Muslims.

Now, let's see. Someone do the math: 10% of 1.2 billion.
Spirit-Led
(This is how I want to be)
Golf Cart Mafia Associate
12/9/15 8:08 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Nick,

It gets real old with you lecturing us about liberal or conservative.

As I stated in another post - every liberal Democrat has to state allegiance to killing unborn children in the womb as a constitutional right.

If you believe that is in the Bible, you need another line of work.

So it is an easy demarcation for Americans to make. As with most of us "conservatives" - we don't get to consider the "liberal" party as we couldn't possibly state our allegiance to murdering the unborn.

So we are left with finding the most suitable conservative.

And we want to keep the last best govt hope of the world - the one that has saved the skins of Europe more than once - as functional as possible to continue to be that hope here.

And Americans ask ourselves this question: What's the upside of admitting 250,000 poor, culturally backward, non-English-speaking Muslims to America every year to live off the tax payer?

We can evangelize them where they live - so they can better evangelize their families.

I don't see where Paul advocated bringing everyone to Jerusalem to spread the gospel.

I have no problem with disagreeing. But for your continued posturing that your way is the Christian way - and any disagreement is because we aren't using the Bible as our guide - is erroneous.

I find folks without a compelling argument often call us "racist" or "non Christian". It might be better to come up with some compelling reasons to import a bunch of Muslims - instead of your moral superiority angle.
12/9/15 8:10 pm

Post Cojak
Speaking in the broader sense of surveys. I do not doubt many Americans, Jews even Pentecostals, think 'it is justified that some be killed', but it is never brought into fruition buy guns or bombs (on a major % scale), however that 'small percentage' WILL KILL you in the Muslim world. It is proven year after year.

I know everyone has read the comparison of M&M's. i.e.:
I have 10,000 M&M's only ten of them have enough poison to kill you. HOW MANY DO YOU WANT TO EAT?

We do have a problem. Our problem is we are too PC to admit we profile or need to.
Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/10/15 12:34 am

Post Tom, Mark Ledbetter
Tom Sterbens wrote:

(Hmmmmmm....I must set a very low bar. Now I'm depressed.)

You can keep the chocolate if you want to. It is very therapeutic.
Spirit-Led
12/10/15 9:43 am

Post Re: Tom, bonnie knox
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
Tom Sterbens wrote:

(Hmmmmmm....I must set a very low bar. Now I'm depressed.)

You can keep the chocolate if you want to. It is very therapeutic.

Mark, great minds think alike. However, now I'm wondering if it wouldn't be even more therapeutic to sit around with Nick, smoking a pipe.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/10/15 9:48 am

Post Re: Tom, Nick Park
bonnie knox wrote:
However, now I'm wondering if it wouldn't be even more therapeutic to sit around with Nick, smoking a pipe.

It might be therapeutic for you but, alas, it would cost me my credentials.

Acts Enthusiast
12/10/15 10:16 am

Post Nick Park
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Nick,
It gets real old with you lecturing us about liberal or conservative.

I don't see how it can get old since I've only ever addressed the liberal/conservative issue twice on Actscelerate. I only did so here because a poster labeled me as a 'liberal' rather than addressing any point I raised.

Quote:
As I stated in another post - every liberal Democrat has to state allegiance to killing unborn children in the womb as a constitutional right.

In that case I was perfectly correct to protest at being labeled a liberal, since I am very strongly pro-life.

Quote:
If you believe that is in the Bible, you need another line of work
Nice. Since I never suggested any such thing.

Quote:
And Americans ask ourselves this question: What's the upside of admitting 250,000 poor, culturally backward, non-English-speaking Muslims to America every year to live off the tax payer?

We can evangelize them where they live - so they can better evangelize their families.

I don't see where Paul advocated bringing everyone to Jerusalem to spread the gospel.

Actually, this thread is not about immigration. I was talking about American Muslims and their views on terrorism.

For what its worth, as I've stated elsewhere, I really don't care if your country receives immigrants and refugees or not. The numbers of refugees are a drop in a bucket compared to the overall problem. I have expressed a wish that if your politicians decide not receive any then they should di it quietly rather than creating headlines around the world

Quote:
I have no problem with disagreeing. But for your continued posturing that your way is the Christian way - and any disagreement is because we aren't using the Bible as our guide - is erroneous.

Look, my brother, we might disagree on some issues, but I don't see any need for you to personalize it in this way, or to say things about me that are untrue. Where have I ever said that you aren't using the Bible as your guide?

I called out Jimmie Davis for labeling me as a 'liberal' - and I suggested to him that it would be better if he assessed issues by the Bible rather than whether they are perceived to be 'liberal' or 'conservative'.

As for "posturing that my way is the Christian way". I am a Christian preacher and so I address issues from a Christian standpoint. Apologies if I'm talking about Jesus too much on a Christian discussion board.

Quote:
I find folks without a compelling argument often call us "racist" or "non Christian". It might be better to come up with some compelling reasons to import a bunch of Muslims - instead of your moral superiority angle.

Please show me where I've ever called you racist or non-Christian>

"Moral superiority angle"? Can we genuinely not discuss an issue without this kind of personalization?

Acts Enthusiast
12/10/15 10:45 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Nick,

You like to use this condescending line of thought in your posts:

Quote:
Imagine if you could pray and study the Scriptures, and then reach an opinion based on what Jesus would have you say and do? Try it. It's wonderfully liberating.

Pathetically condescending. It calls into question whether a person can, or does, read the Bible.

How can you possibly be surprised when folks push back from it?

Get a grip, your holiness.
12/10/15 11:12 am

Post bonnie knox
Context, NBF! That was directed at JimmieDavis. The VAST majority of Jimmie's posts are negative and critical and have nothing to do with scripture.

Nick,

Quote:
Imagine if you could pray and study the Scriptures, and then reach an opinion based on what Jesus would have you say and do? Try it. It's wonderfully liberating.

Pathetically condescending. It calls into question whether a person can, or does, read the Bible.

[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/10/15 12:10 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
Bonnie... blessed are the peacemakers, that's all I have to say in regard to your great contributions to this thread. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/10/15 12:21 pm

Post bonnie knox
Dave Dorsey wrote:
Bonnie... blessed are the peacemakers, that's all I have to say in regard to your great contributions to this thread.

So, do YOU want to smoke a peace pipe with me?

Matthew 10:34 Wink
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/10/15 12:24 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
bonnie knox wrote:
Context, NBF! That was directed at JimmieDavis. The VAST majority of Jimmie's posts are negative and critical and have nothing to do with scripture.

Nick,

Quote:

Fair enough.

However, Nick has taken the same shot at me. Knowing the Nick has equated JD with NBF only makes it worse. Twisted Evil

Which I don't mind - I can condescend with the best of them. In fact, I kind of enjoy it. But - I don't like folks acting like I am doing them wrong - when I am only reflecting back what they are dishing out themselves.
12/10/15 12:29 pm

Post bonnie knox
Alrighty, then!
Steel cage match!

Quote:
Which I don't mind - I can condescend with the best of them. In fact, I kind of enjoy it. But - I don't like folks acting like I am doing them wrong - when I am only reflecting back what they are dishing out themselves.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/10/15 12:32 pm

Post Dave Dorsey
bonnie knox wrote:
So, do YOU want to smoke a peace pipe with me?

Matthew 10:34 Wink

I'm down. Apparently Nick won't join us, but maybe he could point us in the right direction?
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/10/15 1:01 pm

Post bonnie,, Mark Ledbetter
do they make chocolate tobacco for pipes?

I do know, don't ask how I know, they make cigars taste like rum.
Spirit-Led
12/10/15 10:48 pm

Post Re: bonnie,, bonnie knox
Mark Ledbetter wrote:
do they make chocolate tobacco for pipes?

I do know, don't ask how I know, they make cigars taste like rum.

I've always thought if I sat around smoking a pipe and watching the sunset, I'd wanted something with a little more interesting aroma than tobacco in the pipe. Good thing I don't smoke.

I'm sure if the whole world could smoke something aromatic, we'd all be against terror. (Not really, just trying to keep the thread on topic, lol.)
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/11/15 8:05 am

Post Seriously? spartanfan
89% of American Muslims say terrorism can never be justified.

Well, I have read in numerous places they are taught by their preacher in their mosque that it's okay to lie to your enemy while he feeds you until you get strong enough to kill him so........ I can't trust the honesty of those surveyed. One of our ladies from our church was in a hospital room with an Islamic doctor when the 2nd plane hit the world trade center on the tv and he pumped his fist and said, "Yes!" He later denied that it was about the plane and said he was thrilled with the progress of his patient, but she said he was in fact watching the tv when he did it. I find little comfort in the survey. In fact, 11% of 200,000 or so people saying it is justified is represents a lot of foreign terror supporters here on our soil.
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
12/11/15 8:16 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic