Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Really? Is it so terrible to prohibit the sale of assault-type rifles?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is it so terrible to prohibit the sail of assault-type rifles? Old Time Country Preacher
How does a feller sail an assault-type rifle?

Do ya put it on a sail boat?

Acts-pert Poster
12/5/15 8:54 pm

Post The Rabid Believe ANY Changes Will Ruin Us... Aaron Scott
It's about like the nonsense with the First Amendment. Some folks feel that if we limit ANY speech, we'll wind up with a totalitarian government.

The same type nonsense is believed by some when it comes to guns. The message is pretty much that if we take the guns that are the worst offenders is mass murders, we will then quickly go to having no guns at all.

I think a "well regulated militia" would have--per the "well regulated part"--some "regulation," right? But some folks can't figure out a line to draw. You have a bomb that can level a city block, fine! After all, you may need to kill yourself and everyone else within an eighth of a mile radius in order to protect your home!

Same with assault type rifles. They are partially about feeling "manly" (come on guys, you know it's true)...and partially about being able to fight off hordes of zombies--or, wait, a race war--no, I mean guvment minions who are come to take away our rights--or, if you want to kill a lot of people at once....

You get the idea.

Besides, did you know that the jihadis are more afraid of SHOTGUNS that rifles? I think the splatter effect or what have you must have them more concerned that a well-defined hole in the heart.

In any case, if we can't find some line to draw...sooner or later, someone will move that line. And then the unthinking folks that couldn't think of any good reason to not allow assault rifles with their extra large clips (or magazines, if you prefer) to be easily obtained...well, perhaps when it all hits closer to home, they'll rethink some things.

One question for all the NRA loose cannons here: Why in the world shouldn't we be allowed to have fully automatic weapons? Do you believe that we should be able to purchase military-grade machine guns? If not, why not? After all, we might have to fight our on military to take back our guvment, right?

And why not a bazooka?

And why not a piece of artillery?

Those are arms. We are allowed to bear arms. So...where and why do you draw ANY line? And if you do draw a line, why are you so upset by others that might want to draw the line a little differently from you, ALL WHILE ALLOWING GUN OWNERSHIP TO CONTINUE???
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/6/15 8:09 pm

Post Bullseye77
I own and know how to use numerous weapons. Glocks, 1911s, .357s, .22s, .38s, 12 gauges, .410 gauges, etc. I also own an AR15 and several 30 round, and 20 round magazines. NONE OF THEM ARE ASSAULT WEAPONS! They are all defensive weapons meant to defend me and my family against those in the criminal world who are many times better armed than the police. I am on equal footing, and maybe, hopefully, better armed than those who would do me harm. It is my intention to keep all of these weapons. And should the influx of terrorists into this country increase, I'm going down to the butcher and get me a five gallon bucket of hog lard to dip all my ammo in just before I shoot!!
12/8/15 3:33 pm

Post JLarry
Quote:
You are correct Cojak the M1 is indeed a clip-fed rifle. What Aaron was referring to as a "clip" is not, it is a magazine. I'm sure he appreciates the defense though.

"At this point what does it matter"!

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/8/15 4:23 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic