Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Franklin Graham reminds me of......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Franklin Graham reminds me of...... Eddie Robbins
Jesse Jackson in that he has to interject himself into everything. The question is, is he doing this or is the media contacting him for reaction with every issue? Is he hoping to be the spokesperson for all of Evangelical Christians?

What do you think he's doing?

Last edited by Eddie Robbins on 1/3/16 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-pert Poster
12/29/15 7:50 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Trump is the spokesman for evangelical Christians.
12/29/15 8:06 am

Post georgiapath
He's riding on his daddy's coattail, if his dad wasn't Billy Graham he wouldn't be a blimp on the radar screen. Acts-dicted
12/29/15 8:09 am

Post Cojak
I'm not sure he has any ulterior motive, surely he knows he can and does influence hundreds of people, but he doesn't have the 'Charisma(?)' of a leader.

However, I don't think I would use his name and JJ in the same sentence in comparison, he actually does have ministry. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/29/15 1:05 pm

Post And this my friend... tryingtofitin
Is why Actscelerate is on the decline... Friendly Face
12/29/15 2:26 pm

Post Re: And this my friend... Eddie Robbins
tryingtofitin wrote:
Is why Actscelerate is on the decline...

Explain......
Acts-pert Poster
12/29/15 3:13 pm

Post John Jett
Its easier to pander to the political right than it is to preach the gospel and win souls. I don't disagree with him politically, but I think we need more Billys than Franklins right now.

That said, I don't think he's any comparison to Jesse Jackson, even as the opposite end of the spectrum (yet)
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/29/15 4:00 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Compared to Jesse in that he shows up in the media in so many issues with his opinion. Obviously, he's not in the same political arena, just the opposite. Acts-pert Poster
12/29/15 6:23 pm

Post John Jett
I know what you mean, I just don't think he's as bad as Jackson, yet. And yes I think people are just trying to get a "shocking" opinion out of him so they can display how "intolerant" he is. I am disappointed that his reputation is becoming that of a political commentator rather than a soul-winner like his father. You did bring up a good topic. He does seem to be drifting into politics more than ministry. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/29/15 6:46 pm

Post You aren't really asking a serious question brotherjames
about Franklin Graham are you? Seriously, Samaritan's Purse is without a doubt one of the greatest evangelical ministries in the world, ministering to millions of people around the world each year with aid, food, medical and the Gospel. I am an avowed Pentecostal but we support his Operation Christmas Child which sends millions of shoeboxes to needy children along with the Gospel, each year. I have been in Serbia with the gypsies, some of the most impoverished people in Europe and seen the result of these shoeboxes. Amazing and I highly respect him. Baptist or no, he Iis a man of God.
He is trying to be a preacher of righteousness and hold a nation accountable on abortion and other social issues. What's wrong with that? He said he is leaving the Republican party now as a result of that stupid budget bill that just passed that fully funded Planned Parenthood. Instead, he has announced he will be holding 50 prayer meetings, 1 at each state capitol, this election year, asking people to join him in praying for this nation.
Eddie, you owe Franklin Graham an apology. Sheesh.
Acts-celerater
12/29/15 8:50 pm

Post John Jett
Its probably just a matter of what we hear about in the media. We get the political stuff because that's all the media is interested in. There's nothing wrong with ANY of what he says, I agree with most of it. I think the question is where is the focus? Politics or souls. I hope its the latter. Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/29/15 8:56 pm

Post Re: You aren't really asking a serious question Old Time Country Preacher
brotherjames wrote:
about Franklin Graham are you? ... Eddie, you owe Franklin Graham an apology.

Brother James, it ain't really Eddie's fault. Bless his heart an all, an honestly, I hate to bring it up, but Eddie just turned 61 years a age. His memory ain't functionin quite as good as it used to. He didn't mean nothin by the question, it was just a momentary lapse of reason. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
12/29/15 9:40 pm

Post Link
georgiapath wrote:
He's riding on his daddy's coattail, if his dad wasn't Billy Graham he wouldn't be a blimp on the radar screen.

He's too thin to be a blimp. Very Happy
12/30/15 6:10 am

Post Eddie Robbins
An apology for asking questions based on an observation? Ha!! Don't think so. Go back and read the original post and answer those questions.

Do your owe him an apology for throwing in a dig about him being Baptist?
Acts-pert Poster
12/30/15 7:38 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Jesse interjects himself so he can shakedown businesses for Operation PUSH, Rainbow Coalition, etc...

Does Franklin do the same?
12/30/15 8:06 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Jesse interjects himself so he can shakedown businesses for Operation PUSH, Rainbow Coalition, etc...

Does Franklin do the same?

I don't know. That's why I asked. It seems that way but does he contact the media or do they contact him? I think Jesse just shows up on his own most of the time.
Acts-pert Poster
12/30/15 9:01 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I don't THINK he does.
I like what he does mostly.
I also am contemplating leaving the Rep party. That budget deal was proof that the Rep party stands for nothing...that is why a Donald Trump can run rough shod over the rest of the Rep field. We are tired of business as usual.
Good or bad - Trump is not business as usual - and if he helps destroy the Rep party - and they join the Whigs and Know-Nothing party on the ash heap of history - so be it.
Franklin was right here.
12/30/15 9:21 am

Post Eddie Robbins
That will insure that the Dems will win but I get it. I voted Libertarian in our US Senate race. Acts-pert Poster
12/30/15 10:05 am

Post georgiapath JLarry
Quote:
He's riding on his daddy's coattail, if his dad wasn't Billy Graham he wouldn't be a blimp on the radar screen.

Ga I suggest you read Franklin's Biography.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/30/15 10:08 am

Post Check your facts! 4golf
Compairing Franklin Graham to Jessie Jackson shows how much your truly know about Gods Word and being a Disciple of Jesus Christ! I could go on but if I do I will get banned again because of calling your incorrectness again!
1/3/16 8:33 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic