Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Can God use a baptism to change a mans heart? Russell Brand....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Can God use a baptism to change a mans heart? Russell Brand.... caseyleejones
https://www.tiktok.com/@russellbrand/video/7362160787516968225

I know this video might upend some peoples theology and maybe mine included.... but this made me smile.
Acts-perienced Poster
4/27/24 9:02 am

Post FLRon
He seems to have baptism confused with being born again.
4/27/24 1:24 pm

Post Sweethomealabama
I think we’re looking at baptism in the eyes of a western Christian. Russell is in England. I would assume they’re strongly influence by Church of England. I know there’s a big move of Charismatic spirit filled churches in the Church of England. For example, I used to love to use the alpha curriculum Believe it or not that whole curriculum was from a charismatic church of England church. I thought it was one of the best small group systems out there for charismatic Pentecostal churches it gave the opportunity to be able to teach the Holy Ghost and the baptism in almost any denominational framework. I’m just glad that Russell is waking up to God. we can never sit down and say that someone who’s just recently getting baptized knows it alll. I think that’s a danger in the church. Let’s pray for him and encourage him. That’s a great video. Good find. Hey, DOC
4/27/24 3:55 pm

Post UncleJD
Apparently the old world (Europe, Catholics, the UK), is having a sort of awakening after multiple generations of unbelief, they are feeling the emptiness and the need for the Holy and unseen. I've read that young Catholics in America are rejecting the liberal, American catholicism in favor of Orthodoxy and a focus on sin and historical doctrine. I remember pope Benedict saying that there would be a great falling away in the Catholic church but he welcomed it because it would give rise to a renewal of the core of ancient Christianity. Its ironic that at the same time, we're seeing modern "evangelical" and protestant churches fall further and further away from historic Christianity and embracing the liberal ideology that the old world is starting to reject. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/2/24 8:26 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Brand has been a polytheistic New Ager for as long as he’s expressed an opinion. He has just added a little extra ‘Jesus’ to the mix that he already had. He advocates and practices using Tarot cards and the like, and did so before and after his recent baptism. He has shown no clear evidence of being born again, and has not spoken in those terms. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/2/24 2:55 pm

Post UncleJD
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Brand has been a polytheistic New Ager for as long as he’s expressed an opinion. He has just added a little extra ‘Jesus’ to the mix that he already had. He advocates and practices using Tarot cards and the like, and did so before and after his recent baptism. He has shown no clear evidence of being born again, and has not spoken in those terms.

Do you have links to backup that claim? His baptism was literally 4 days ago.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
5/2/24 8:27 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
https://www2.cbn.com/news/entertainment/analysis-only-god-knows-russell-brands-heart-baptism-and-syncretism-arent [Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/2/24 9:27 pm

Post UncleJD
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
https://www2.cbn.com/news/entertainment/analysis-only-god-knows-russell-brands-heart-baptism-and-syncretism-arent

thanks. I'll take that with a grain of salt since they didn't post a link. Its pretty cynical. As a guy who came from ZERO spiritual upbringing, he seems to be on a journey and I pray that he continues it. I for one believe that an honest approach will lead to absolute Biblical and historical Christianity. He probably does have a few bugs to work out and I hope he does. I once knew a couple who came to church, got saved, began their own journey and in about a year and a half got divorced. When we asked the wife why, she said, "just know it is absolutely God's will for this divorce". . Well if we had of had our way or known the truth, that the "husband" was a transgender male, then early on we in our infinite wisdom would have kicked them out of the church and felt amazing for it. Or we would have kicked her out of the church for her sin of divorce. "He" sadly left the church on his own because of his/her sin, but she went on to marry and stayed in Church, having never been to church a day in her life before our pastor invited them that first time. We just don't know what's going on and God can work out His will in this guy's life quite well without needing CBN, or the rest of us cynical Christians. Just pray for him.
5/3/24 8:23 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Syncretistic New Ager who believes in many paths to God ‘converts’ to Roman Catholicism, which, when discussing it in ways absolutely consistent with his previous syncretistic beliefs, doesn’t mention anything about sin, repentance, forgiveness or grace, then posts a lighthearted silly video to his social media that shows him pretending to use tarot cards.

Yeah, I’m gonna say he does not know Christ as Savior and LORD. I of course pray he does. Even more, true Christians should be praying that his millions of social media followers are not led astray by his blatantly false New Age (antichrist) beliefs and behavior.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
5/3/24 8:42 am

Post UncleJD
https://www.facebook.com/RussellBrand/videos/1151116582937647/

I went to his page trying to find the occult stuff and haven't yet. Most seem like this one, where he actually says he's open and learning and growing in his understanding. I just get the same-old-same-old feeling when I hear from CBN, they and others like them LOVE when they can show how wrong everyone is and how pure they are. Maybe that makes me the cynical one, IDK.
5/3/24 8:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic