Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Acts-celerate Migration: First Phase

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Acts-celerate Migration: First Phase shaunbwilson
Thanks to all who provided the requested feedback surrounding a relocation to a new platform. Based on your feedback, we will proceed with the first phase of the migration: allowing users to continue to post on this forum while also reading, making an account for, and learning to post on the new platform. Don't worry—we'll take it slow and do our best to make sure no one is left behind.

Please check out our new home at:
https://old.reddit.com/r/Actscelerate/

While you are welcome to continue to post on either platform, please remember that discussions on the "old" Acts-celerate will have a shorter shelf life. We don't anticipate losing the archive for quite some time, but we do anticipate we will lose it at some point.

Step 1: Sign Up

In the top right-hand corner of the new site, you will see a place to sign up for Reddit, the new platform for the Acts-celerate community.

When you sign up, you'll have the option to sign up for other Reddit communities. You can add or remove these other communities later. There is no option to sign up for r/Actscelerate on this page. That will come next.

Step 2: "Join" the r/Actscelerate community

After you sign up, you'll be sent to the main Reddit page. You'll need to go back to the Actscelerate community at https://old.reddit.com/r/Actscelerate/. From there, click the Join button on the right-hand sidebar.

Step 3 (Optional): Verifying Your New Account is Linked to Your Old Account

There is a two-step process to verify to readers that your new Reddit account is really you from the previous board. Verifying the link between your new account and old account is completely optional.

Step 1
Post a comment below telling me your user name on the new platform.

Step 2
Post a comment on the "Get verified here!" post on the new platform telling me your "old" user name.

What Happens Next
Once I check to see that your usernames have verified each other on both platforms, I will add a flair to your username on Reddit. The flair will only apply to the r/Actscelerate community. It will look like this when you post:
Quote:
Reddit Username (Actscelerate.com Username)

These names can match or be different. An example of them matching:
Quote:
shaunbwilson (shaunbwilson)

An example of them being different:
Quote:
ThatActsGuy (shaunbwilson)

Step 4: Change Preferences for That "Old Style" Look

To make the new platform look more like the old Acts-celerate, you can either always make sure you visit https://old.reddit.com/r/Actscelerate, or you can change your default preferences to always default to this look using the following steps:

1. Make sure you are logged in to your account on https://reddit.com.
  2. Visit https://old.reddit.com/prefs/
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see beta options.

4. Uncheck the box next to "Use new Reddit as my default experience"
  5. Click Save Options

Last edited by shaunbwilson on 3/25/24 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Site Admin
3/25/24 12:47 pm

Post FLRon
Deleted question regarding username on the new site
3/25/24 1:48 pm

Post shaunbwilson
FLRon wrote:
What to do if your current username is already taken on Reddit? If I chose (for example) FLRon99, how would anyone know it’s actually FLRon from the old site?

This is what Step 3 above is talking about. So, once you verify on this platform that you are FLRon99 on the new platform and you verify on the new platform that you were FLRon on the "old" platform, I will add the information to the new platform so that your posts are coming from "FLRon99 (FLRon)." The new username followed by your old username in parentheses.

I hope you don't mind if I keep this quote up even though you deleted the original so that anyone else who wasn't sure will have the benefit of the information.
3/25/24 1:51 pm

Post FLRon
When I click the join button a box pops up that says categorize and a space to type in
3/25/24 2:05 pm

Post FLRon
shaunbwilson wrote:
FLRon wrote:
What to do if your current username is already taken on Reddit? If I chose (for example) FLRon99, how would anyone know it’s actually FLRon from the old site?

This is what Step 3 above is talking about. So, once you verify on this platform that you are FLRon99 on the new platform and you verify on the new platform that you were FLRon on the "old" platform, I will add the information to the new platform so that your posts are coming from "FLRon99 (FLRon)." The new username followed by your old username in parentheses.

I hope you don't mind if I keep this quote up even though you deleted the original so that anyone else who wasn't sure will have the benefit of the information.

No problem with that Shaun. I still can’t get past the step 2 “join”.
3/25/24 2:14 pm

Post shaunbwilson
FLRon wrote:
When I click the join button a box pops up that says categorize and a space to type in

Do you mean something like this?

If so, this is what pops up when you hover over "Join." You should still be able to click it, though, and the graphic will change from "Join" to "leave."
3/25/24 2:15 pm

Post FLRon
shaunbwilson wrote:
FLRon wrote:

Do you mean something like this?

If so, this is what pops up when you hover over "Join." You should still be able to click it, though, and the graphic will change from "Join" to "leave."

Yes. On my phone I can get the “leave” button but what’s next?
3/25/24 3:07 pm

Post shaunbwilson
FLRon wrote:
Yes. On my phone I can get the “leave” button but what’s next?

That's it for Step 2! If "join" changes to "leave," you can move on to Step 3 (optional) or Step 4. If you decide to skip both steps, you can simply start using the new forum. You can upvote my excellent posts ( Laughing ),

comment on those posts,

or start a new post.

There are two types of posts, which you can see on the right hand side of the page:

"Submit a new link" will make your post a link to outside of the forum. Like if you wanted to make a post about a PewResearch article. The link will take the user to the article, and then discussion can happen in the comments.

"Submit a new text post" will allow you to start a new thread just like "New Topic" does on this forum.[/img]
3/25/24 3:15 pm

Post shaunbwilson
A direct link to r/Actscelerate is now at the top of every actscelerate.com page. This will save you from needing to enter this thread to find a link.
3/27/24 2:58 pm

Post Re: Acts-celerate Migration: First Phase postmodern
postmodern here; postmoderncog in reddit

shaunbwilson wrote:
Thanks to all who provided the requested feedback surrounding a relocation to a new platform. Based on your feedback, we will proceed with the first phase of the migration: allowing users to continue to post on this forum while also reading, making an account for, and learning to post on the new platform. Don't worry—we'll take it slow and do our best to make sure no one is left behind.

Please check out our new home at:
https://old.reddit.com/r/Actscelerate/

While you are welcome to continue to post on either platform, please remember that discussions on the "old" Acts-celerate will have a shorter shelf life. We don't anticipate losing the archive for quite some time, but we do anticipate we will lose it at some point.

Step 1: Sign Up

In the top right-hand corner of the new site, you will see a place to sign up for Reddit, the new platform for the Acts-celerate community.

When you sign up, you'll have the option to sign up for other Reddit communities. You can add or remove these other communities later. There is no option to sign up for r/Actscelerate on this page. That will come next.

Step 2: "Join" the r/Actscelerate community

After you sign up, you'll be sent to the main Reddit page. You'll need to go back to the Actscelerate community at https://old.reddit.com/r/Actscelerate/. From there, click the Join button on the right-hand sidebar.

Step 3 (Optional): Verifying Your New Account is Linked to Your Old Account

There is a two-step process to verify to readers that your new Reddit account is really you from the previous board. Verifying the link between your new account and old account is completely optional.

Step 1
Post a comment below telling me your user name on the new platform.

Step 2
Post a comment on the "Get verified here!" post on the new platform telling me your "old" user name.

What Happens Next
Once I check to see that your usernames have verified each other on both platforms, I will add a flair to your username on Reddit. The flair will only apply to the r/Actscelerate community. It will look like this when you post:
Quote:
Reddit Username (Actscelerate.com Username)

These names can match or be different. An example of them matching:
Quote:
shaunbwilson (shaunbwilson)

An example of them being different:
Quote:
ThatActsGuy (shaunbwilson)

Step 4: Change Preferences for That "Old Style" Look

To make the new platform look more like the old Acts-celerate, you can either always make sure you visit https://old.reddit.com/r/Actscelerate, or you can change your default preferences to always default to this look using the following steps:

1. Make sure you are logged in to your account on https://reddit.com.
  2. Visit https://old.reddit.com/prefs/
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see beta options.

4. Uncheck the box next to "Use new Reddit as my default experience"
  5. Click Save Options
Friendly Face
3/30/24 9:38 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
New user name:
Nature_Boy_Florida
4/5/24 3:02 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Verifying I am now Carolyn-ACTS on the new board.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/6/24 9:08 pm

Post cogpastor1886
Great idea!! Newbie
4/12/24 3:28 pm

Post shaunbwilson
cogpastor1886 wrote:
Great idea!!

Many thanks!
4/13/24 7:02 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic