Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Why did Mark Walker resign

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Why did Mark Walker resign JLarry
I am very much out of the loop. Doyle Daugherty was a good friend. When I needed to know something about a leader he kept up with these things and I could call him Miss Dayle.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
3/21/24 4:42 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Marty Baker, who is on the Lee Board of Directors, 3 days ago posted on Facebook about Mark Walker’s resignation, in which, Walker was quoted as saying, “I was built to be a pastor, not a university president.” [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/21/24 4:44 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Marty Baker, who is on the Lee Board of Directors, 3 days ago posted on Facebook about Mark Walker’s resignation, in which, Walker was quoted as saying, “I was built to be a pastor, not a university president.”

But MW was a pastor 4 years ago when he felt he WAS built to be a college President.

Perhaps trying to effect change at Lee turns out to be harder than it looks with entrenched faculty and other power brokers. I believe he wanted to steer Lee the right way. but there were too many powerful figures standing in the way.

It just wasn't worth the stress to him and his family.

The above is JUST MY OPINION.
3/22/24 6:31 am

Post sadlytrue77
Maybe he didn't think he would get reappointed after that professor couldn't stop TJ from preaching the truth about that mess up there I can't imagine the board wants four more years of this and the only answer is to shut up TJ or to fix the problems and I reckon after 4 years he figured he couldn't do either. But unless he tells us otherwise this is all just speculation

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
3/22/24 5:00 pm

Post A few thoughts on why 4thgeneration
Lee U enrollment is down drastically, resulting in serious financial challenges.

Huge controversy concerning rulings by the GA, and questions on their being followed at Lee U.

More controversy from official responses via letter from Lee U concerning accusations of a failure to support COG doctrine and enforce motions from the GA.

Even more controversy surrounding the professor that responded to a Facebook post by seeking to prefer ecclesiastical charges against a pastor.

So, IMO he is probably drained by it all and ready for a change.
Acts Enthusiast
3/22/24 6:17 pm

Post JLarry
So has Mark now pastoring a church?

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
3/22/24 6:34 pm

Post Re: A few thoughts on why Sweethomealabama
4thgeneration wrote:

Even more controversy surrounding the professor that responded to a Facebook post by seeking to prefer ecclesiastical charges against a pastor.

You mean kangaroo court??? There are so many things that should’ve been charged ecclesiastically that leaders have ignored way bigger than someone’s hurt feelings on the Internet. This was a political witch hunt to destroy a good man. There are millions of more things that could’ve been ecclesiastically charged than this. I feel bad that they did what they did to Mark Walker as well just so someone in a state office could grandstand politically. Or Claim ecclesiastically that someone is disqualified
Hey, DOC
3/22/24 8:36 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic