Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is Donald Trump Pro-Gay Marriage?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is Donald Trump Pro-Gay Marriage? FG Minister
With recent events surrounding the college professor and LGBTQ issues, I have a question that is similar to that situation. Mara Largo in Palm Beach, owned by Donald Trump, hosted a gay wedding on February 23, 2024. Does this mean Donald Trump is pro gay marriage and will all you Trumpists now jump ship and refuse to vote for him? Just curious about how far the whole "guilt by association" thing goes. I have a saying I often quote - Be consistent in your hypocrisy." Just wondering about this. Acts-celerater
3/2/24 7:48 am

Post Re: Is Donald Trump Pro-Gay Marriage? Link
This sort of thing bothers me. Maybe he is bound by anti-discrimination laws.

But social conservatives are rallying behind him. Apparently, he didn't consider the trans bathroom issue in North Carolina to be a big deal right when this stuff was being promoted back then. Is he going to see this as a social issue and be concerned about it?

He's anti-abortion enough to do something about it, but does he see the problems that evangelicals do with other moral issues? He hasn't lived the most moral life. He's open to evangelicals and to letting Charismatics prophesy over him, or was before that last election. He'll meet with them, which can also lead to his getting some political support, and the media responding by reporting misinformation about the NAR and evangelicals in general.
Acts-perienced Poster
3/2/24 8:21 am

Post Old news Quiet Wyatt
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/16/republicans-gay-marriage-wars-505041 [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/2/24 9:27 am

Post Re: Is Donald Trump Pro-Gay Marriage? FLRon
FG Minister wrote:
With recent events surrounding the college professor and LGBTQ issues, I have a question that is similar to that situation. Mara Largo in Palm Beach, owned by Donald Trump, hosted a gay wedding on February 23, 2024. Does this mean Donald Trump is pro gay marriage and will all you Trumpists now jump ship and refuse to vote for him? Just curious about how far the whole "guilt by association" thing goes. I have a saying I often quote - Be consistent in your hypocrisy." Just wondering about this.

That’s the thing. There is no consistency in hypocrisy because it is ever changing to accommodate the audience. I too have a saying that I often quote- “a politician believes whatever is necessary to gain a vote”.
3/3/24 11:25 am

Post Re: Is Donald Trump Pro-Gay Marriage? Nature Boy Florida
FG Minister wrote:
With recent events surrounding the college professor and LGBTQ issues, I have a question that is similar to that situation. Mara Largo in Palm Beach, owned by Donald Trump, hosted a gay wedding on February 23, 2024. Does this mean Donald Trump is pro gay marriage and will all you Trumpists now jump ship and refuse to vote for him? Just curious about how far the whole "guilt by association" thing goes. I have a saying I often quote - Be consistent in your hypocrisy." Just wondering about this.

If Trump has signed a pledge to abide by COG teachings to keep his job as President - I can safely say - he would be put out faster that you can say "ballot harvesting".
3/3/24 2:31 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Trump is also pro abortion when it suits him and ‘pro-choice’ whenever he thinks being pro choice will win an election. He did appoint some excellent justices to the Supreme Court, but literally everything is negotiable in Trump’s mind. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/4/24 6:16 am

Post Quiet is Right FG Minister
Trump is not a values-driven man at all. He is motivated by power and will take any position to get the votes to gain power. That's why he will need to pick another Evangelical as his running mate - he needs the votes! But he won't get mine. Neither will any Democrat. Acts-celerater
3/4/24 7:01 am

Post UncleJD
Yes, he's been pro-gay-marriage for decades, much longer than hypocrite Obiden. He's also the first president since Clinton to ban guns (bumpstocks that is). He's also on the record stating that he thinks the anti-abortion states go too far. And yet, evangelical Christians act like he's the second-coming. I'll vote for him again, but not with blinders on. I don't "like" him, but he's MUCH better than the alternative. Its scary that he's not just "barely" better, he is FAR better. That is how far left the Democrats have turned. They are not even on the same planet as we are with their radical, destructive, anti-American, anti-Christ platform. So far so, that a self-loving, narcissistic, opportunist that should NEVER be considered electable as president, is, for the third-time in a row, 1000 times better than the demons roaring from the left. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/4/24 3:22 pm

Post I wouldn’t trust him any further than I could throw him, but I agree he’s better than Biden. Quiet Wyatt
I could not bring myself to vote for Trump the first time. I voted for the Constitution Party candidate for the first time I’d ever voted non-GOP. I did not believe Trump was a true conservative, and now know even more clearly that he is not a genuine conservative. I did vote for him in 2020, mainly because frankly he surprised me with his great SCOTUS nominations, and I had also been pleasantly surprised by most of his policies overall. For those who would say my vote was wasted in 2016, well, I live in an overwhelmingly left-leaning Democrat dominated state, unfortunately, and the GOP candidate for POTUS had absolutely zero chance of winning this state, and even now has almost zero chance of winning, regardless of the nominee.

Having said all that, if it comes down to Trump vs Biden, there’s no question in my mind that TRump would be the least bad option. I have been watching with great interest the campaign of RFK Jr. I do believe he will be a spoiler this year, and might just pull enough votes from Dems and Indies to win. At least his brain still seems to be reasonably well functioning, unlike Biden’s and to some extent Trump’s.

I cannot believe the choices are so poor, but it is what it is.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/4/24 3:34 pm

Post Re: I wouldn’t trust him any further than I could throw him, but I agree he’s better than Biden. UncleJD
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I could not bring myself to vote for Trump the first time. I voted for the Constitution Party candidate for the first time I’d ever voted non-GOP. I did not believe Trump was a true conservative, and now know even more clearly that he is not a genuine conservative. I did vote for him in 2020, mainly because frankly he surprised me with his great SCOTUS nominations, and I had also been pleasantly surprised by most of his policies overall. For those who would say my vote was wasted in 2016, well, I live in an overwhelmingly left-leaning Democrat dominated state, unfortunately, and the GOP candidate for POTUS had absolutely zero chance of winning this state, and even now has almost zero chance of winning, regardless of the nominee.

Having said all that, if it comes down to Trump vs Biden, there’s no question in my mind that TRump would be the least bad option. I have been watching with great interest the campaign of RFK Jr. I do believe he will be a spoiler this year, and might just pull enough votes from Dems and Indies to win. At least his brain still seems to be reasonably well functioning, unlike Biden’s and to some extent Trump’s.

I cannot believe the choices are so poor, but it is what it is.

I "like" RFKjr. But he is solidly pro-abortion so I couldn't vote for him. I'd rather have him 1milllion times over OBiden though. Fortunately for Trump, RFKJ seems to be pulling away centrists and any of the old-guard, America-First, Democrats that are left out there away from Biden. I thought at first he'd hurt Trump worse by pulling away the moderate voters out there, but the polls show differently. When it comes to November, I'll be voting for the policies and the chance of beating the terrible policies of the left.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/4/24 4:01 pm

Post Re: Is Donald Trump Pro-Gay Marriage? skinnybishop
FG Minister wrote:

Well, its like this:

Joe Biden is certainly for gay marriage.
Donald Trump might be for gay marriage.

Joe Biden is responsible for thousands of illegal immigrants coming in.
Donald Trump wants to secure the border.

Inflation under Joe Biden is 5.75
Inflation under Donald Trump was 1.9%

The average price of gas under Joe Biden is $3.60 per gallon
The average price of gas under Donald Trump was $2.57 per gallon

The next president is going to be Joe Biden, or Donald Trump.

I'll vote for Trump.
3/13/24 12:49 pm

Post He mighta evolved in his understandin... Old Time Country Preacher
like Obama done. Acts-pert Poster
3/19/24 10:21 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic