Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is Gambling a Sin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Should poker playing preachers (PPP) have their ordination revoked? Quiet Wyatt
Cojak wrote:
caviator wrote:

Are these guys preachers, I don't think I ever heard of PPP, LOL

My daddy did not gamble, but once gave away a bicycle to the kid who brought the most of his friends to SS.

He also gave away a car and a pony at different times. A ticket was given for each new person brought to church over a period of 4 weeks. After the 4 weeks a drawing was held and the winner got the prize.

The largest number in church was on the day the pony was given. the Church Avg SS attendances was 150-200 normally. AT the pony drawing we had over 860 in SS. The road in front of the church was closed.

I heard a pastor ask my dad at camp meeting, how many of those people did you keep? Dad smiled and said, "Our average attendance is now 50 more a Sunday, how did you do during the contest?"

My dad was a SS pusher. He had heard once that the Catholic Church said, "Give us a child until he is 8 years old and he will always be Catholic." He believed it and wanted children in church. I heard him telling a new pastor once. Get 20 kids 8-14 and keep them 10 years and you will have a solid church.

He wanted kids in church to save their souls, he used hundreds of unique ways to advertise that...

Sorry for so many words.

Though obviously a bit ‘gimmicky,’ no gambling was involved, so not a question of sin. I once heard of a pastor who hosted a ‘Three Stooges Sunday,’ in which folks were encouraged to try to look like Larry, Moe, or Curly, with prizes given out for the best costume, etc.

They really should give out prizes for the biggest clowns at the recent clown show in Tennessee. But I reckon those awards will be given out in Indianapolis.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/15/24 7:50 am

Post caviator
The word on the streets is that they don’t just give you poker tournament rings if you don’t gamble first… Hey, DOC
3/16/24 6:59 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic