Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

One good thing came out of charges

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post One good thing came out of charges Nature Boy Florida
It stopped TJ, and everyone else, from calling out Lee for it's shortcomings on holding approved religious standards.

So from that stand point - congrats to Cleveland area Bishops - and all those pastors that are on Lee's payroll, board, etc or who have family members on one of them.

It shows they know how to get things done!

Evil or Very Mad
2/20/24 9:29 am

Post Cojak
It is a LOUD secret that the COG has been leaning more liberal for years. actually some of it is not bad. You seldom see the church with women with long hair and a hat or covering. The ladies seldom are without make up. Funny that is lady things. BUT there is a line to be drawn. I haven't been to Lee since 1956 methinks. It was then a conservative school.
I have heard and read things that say/show Lee has been stretching the point. We as Christians KNOW there are some stands that cannot be changed in a manner to go against our stand scripturally.

I fear this UPROAR will effect more than 'allowing the wedding ring' did, just one example. Crying or Very sad

Some will laugh, but unless you were around during that time, you do not KNOW that the ring, was no laughing matter....... As shallow as it was it did near cause a split in our ranks..... Brothers and sisters, this ONE, is no shallow matter. Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
2/20/24 1:40 pm

Post sheepdogandy
I got no dog in this hunt.

As I have previously stated, for many years Church of God preachers have boldly said to me.

"If the Church of God ever compromises on homosexuality, then I am out!"

If they still hold to that conviction then the time has come.

This ain't about hair, makeup, pants or jewelry.

It's about homosexuality.

Which the Bible defines as an abomination.

A member of my wife's family attended Lee back in the eighties.

He said Lee had a profound homosexual community back then.

Maybe the General Assembly can fix it.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/20/24 2:16 pm

Post sadlytrue77
I'm not in the loop much except relatives up in Tennessee but I am still having a hard time understanding how a fella like Travis Johnson has to be the one leading the charge on all theae issues. It seems that some of our leaders should be doing something to stop these issues with gays and lesbians and crossdressers. But they seem more interested in stopping Travis.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
3/13/24 4:54 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
sheepdogandy wrote:

As I have previously stated, for many years Church of God preachers have boldly said to me.

Actually, I don't think this is true. There was quite an uproar and many saying that about leaving the COG if they compromise on this issue.

However, it seems the issue is really NOT about the compromising on the issue of homosexuality but more about how this whole thing evolved on social media. Most ministers will agree homosexuality is against scripture. But there is a group at Lee that feels we must be more kind and loving to those who are gay. IMHO, this is what Travis was addressing...but that is just my opinion.

I don't know any secret details about what happened...just what I've read here and on Facebook. After the trial was announced, details became hush hush.

We don't like to acknowledge it but there is a faction in the COG that is very political especially on an Assembly year. Make no bones about it...this is a political thing more than a spiritual thing. This is this Assembly's "women can't be bishops" topic.

Kind of makes you wonder what is going on behind the curtain at Oz...
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/13/24 10:23 pm

Post sadlytrue77
I can't figure out how to do the quote boxes for some reason. But Carolyn it seems to me that it would be political mistake to side with the LGBT angaims Johnson. Unless they was trying to get votes from the Cleveland crowd. I do know they is at least one really ambitious overseer that would do anything he could to get on the committee. Got friends west of me that say they learned from one of their time there that he is ruthless. Any man who would attack Johnson for politics and votes don't need to be anywhere near the general offices. I reckon we will find out in August whether the politicians or the preachers run this church.

New Orleans Bred, Mississippi Led, Hopefully Arizona will be home before I'm dead.
*OnceASaintsFanAlwaysASaintsFan*
Friendly Face
3/14/24 9:40 am

Post UncleJD
sheepdogandy wrote:

I went to Lee in the late 80s, I distinctly remember one guy who I guess got caught (so I suppose there must have been 2, but the other wasn't in our dorm). He climbed up into the the ceiling rafters to hide when they came to get him. But he was expelled. There might have been a few (or a bunch, we used to wonder about Medlin Hall), but it wasn't condoned in any way.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/14/24 2:47 pm

Post caviator
The funny thing is that TJ, known for his pro-women bishop stance, has now successfully produced a case which will remain the leading argument against women-bishops for years to come. Someone high up masterfully crafted this one as well. They used him in a similar way through the ToT ordeal back in the day, which he later regretted when they started taking the 5% from the missionaries instead of from the churches. But no one should suspect this had anything to do with splitting TN in two… Hey, DOC
3/15/24 6:21 am

Post georgiapath
caviator wrote:
The funny thing is that TJ, known for his pro-women bishop stance, has now successfully produced a case which will remain the leading argument against women-bishops for years to come. Someone high up masterfully crafted this one as well. They used him in a similar way through the ToT ordeal back in the day, which he later regretted when they started taking the 5% from the missionaries instead of from the churches. But no one should suspect this had anything to do with splitting TN in two…
\

Sounds like you migh be a little spited that TJ won, You wanted to be sure everyone saw this so you posted it in two places.
Acts-dicted
3/16/24 2:10 pm

Post caviator
GApath [/obviously],
Transgender (gender dysphoria) ideology says “You don’t need to be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Don’t change your mind, just change your body with gender reassignment surgery and hormone treatments.” The enemy is trying to create a bunch of gender fluid people making them like Demons and Angels (able to be male and female because they weren’t created in physical bodies). It maybe the spirit of Jezebel because in order to serve Jezebel in the OT you had to be a eunuch (gender dysphoria) and be castrated (removing the role and function as a man that was assigned by God). Where the agenda is unable to transform gender, it will force to suppress it by making an example via charges, policies and lawsuits, purposing to emasculate and silence the real men of the Church. But the point stands that the case in question will be quoted as a leading argument against women-bishops for years to come. And securing $650K from a member on legal defense is kind of a Pyrrhic victory…
Hey, DOC
3/16/24 6:52 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic