Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Travis Johnson adddresses church charges

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Travis Johnson adddresses church charges Nature Boy Florida
[Edit: This link was incorrect and removed by the Administrator. The correct link may be found below]
1/8/24 7:48 am

Post Cojak
I clicked the address and got some crazy stuff???????
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/8/24 8:24 pm

Post Darrell Garrett
Here is the correct link https://www.facebook.com/pastortravisjohnson/videos/1609428199794979 Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/8/24 10:20 pm

Post Interesting development Mat
Interesting development - the video was compelling.

Up until last summer I was following COG issues on the COG pastors' Facebook page, as well as watching the General Assembly online. I "check-out" of keeping up with the issues being discussed, as my church is in the middle of a relocation project.

As I have said many times before, I'm a COGOP pastor (Bishop) nearing retirement age, but have always been interested in COG because of our shared history, good friends and because my great grandfather was A. J. Tomlinson.

As Pastor Johnson rehearsed his family history in the COG movement, I recognized some of the names, and wondered if it was my great grandfather who preached the camp meeting his great grandfather was saved in and called to the ministry.

What's happening to Pastor Johnson is nothing new in the religious world in general, or the COG in particular. There are always those who disagree with true leadership, and if they can't vote them out of position they will form a committee to indict their ministry and character. That such a committee would be constituted in one jurisdiction to discredit someone in another jurisdiction is pure politics. Pastor Johnson has a State Bishop and a State Committee to be accountable to, which under the COG system can over be overridden by the authority of the general level.

Such political maneuvering can result in painful splits, bitter memories and damaged ministries. To undermine the regular order of authority, whither church or family, is to destroy the institution.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
1/9/24 11:27 am

Post Re: Interesting development georgiapath
Mat wrote:

Up until last summer I was following COG issues on the COG pastors' Facebook page, as well as watching the General Assembly online. I "check-out" of keeping up with the issues being discussed, as my church is in the middle of a relocation project.

As I have said many times before, I'm a COGOP pastor (Bishop) nearing retirement age, but have always been interested in COG because of our shared history, good friends and because my great grandfather was A. J. Tomlinson.

As Pastor Johnson rehearsed his family history in the COG movement, I recognized some of the names, and wondered if it was my great grandfather who preached the camp meeting his great grandfather was saved in and called to the ministry.

What's happening to Pastor Johnson is nothing new in the religious world in general, or the COG in particular. There are always those who disagree with true leadership, and if they can't vote them out of position they will form a committee to indict their ministry and character. That such a committee would be constituted in one jurisdiction to discredit someone in another jurisdiction is pure politics. Pastor Johnson has a State Bishop and a State Committee to be accountable to, which under the COG system can over be overridden by the authority of the general level.

Such political maneuvering can result in painful splits, bitter memories and damaged ministries. To undermine the regular order of authority, whither church or family, is to destroy the institution.

Mat

It's a shame and disgrace.
Acts-dicted
1/15/24 11:25 am

Post Re: Interesting development Cojak
Mat wrote:

Up until last summer I was following COG issues on the COG pastors' Facebook page, as well as watching the General Assembly online. I .....................

Mat

Interesting my friend, I always enjoy your input... Cool Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/15/24 7:06 pm

Post Link
I appreciate the video and how @Travis Johnson boldly and articulately laid out the issue. Acts-perienced Poster
1/17/24 6:34 pm

Post caviator
Just speculations that tell us nothing!! Hey, DOC
2/13/24 2:18 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
TJ told you the truth the whole time.

The nattering nabobs of negativism were simply TN overseer henchmen sent to ruin a good man.

Thankfully they failed.
4/3/24 9:49 am

Post Sweethomealabama
Too close to home

Last edited by Sweethomealabama on 4/3/24 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hey, DOC
4/3/24 10:44 am

Post shaunbwilson
Sweethomealabama, please adjust your posts to respect the terms of use for this board.

Quote:
Personal attacks are unacceptable as is name calling. It is in order to discuss the actions of elected and/or appointed officials. We prefer that their titles be used and not their names.

Thanks.
4/3/24 12:21 pm

Post Sweethomealabama
Noted I will honor that Hey, DOC
4/3/24 12:41 pm

Post shaunbwilson
Sweethomealabama wrote:
Too close to home

Too far past the rules that you agreed to when you signed up to use the board.

Sweethomealabama wrote:
Noted I will honor that

Thanks again.
4/3/24 1:30 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic