Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Travis Johnson Charges
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post georgiapath
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Has this been resolved?

Has Travis gave up and said sorry for calling people out. Let gay affirming Lee University continue as they have been doing.

Has the Cleveland kangaroo court judged Travis guilty and taken his license yet?

Or have they agreed with Travis assessment and dismissed the charges?

Where we at on this?

I was wondering too.
Acts-dicted
2/10/24 8:12 am

Post Confessional FG Minister
I went into a grocery store the other day and they sell beer. In fact, I went on two different occasions. That store believes beer and alcohol drinking is perfectly fine and they are proud to sell it and promote those sales. They even have Bud Light flags flying out front. They had samplers in the store, and I took a thimble sized drink, just to try it. Since I did this twice, does this mean I am a drunk and I now promote a drunken lifestyle? Just curios. Acts-celerater
2/10/24 1:43 pm

Post Re: Confessional Link
FG Minister wrote:
I went into a grocery store the other day and they sell beer. In fact, I went on two different occasions. That store believes beer and alcohol drinking is perfectly fine and they are proud to sell it and promote those sales. They even have Bud Light flags flying out front. They had samplers in the store, and I took a thimble sized drink, just to try it. Since I did this twice, does this mean I am a drunk and I now promote a drunken lifestyle? Just curios.

Are you independent? If so, it doesn't matter.

But you didn't drink Bud Light, did you? If so, you'd better check and make sure you still have your body parts. That's supposed to be a trans beer now, I guess.

You could lose a thumb if someone shoots the thimble full out of your hand.
Acts-perienced Poster
2/10/24 7:34 pm

Post Re: Confessional Mat
FG Minister wrote:
I went into a grocery store the other day and they sell beer. In fact, I went on two different occasions. That store believes beer and alcohol drinking is perfectly fine and they are proud to sell it and promote those sales. They even have Bud Light flags flying out front. They had samplers in the store, and I took a thimble sized drink, just to try it. Since I did this twice, does this mean I am a drunk and I now promote a drunken lifestyle? Just curios.

Your drinking a sample size of beer (twice) is a false equivalence to embracing the LBGT... lifestyle. Sexual sin is a definitive behavior, the Bible teaches drunkenness is the definitive sinful behavior resulting from willful alcohol consumption.

While I'm an abstainer for many reasons, and I know that wine in the Bible could over time ferment due to nature occurring yeast (leaven), it is clear the Bible warns against the effects of strong drink (purposely fermented), which is used for intoxication.

To use your comparison, two sample size drinks of beer (even Bud Light) are equivalent to a same sex relationship in which sodomy or fellatio is engaged in. Really, is this your argument? So at what point does these behaviors become sin? If it is only a little pentation in to the orifice (you choose which), you know a sample size, does that mean you're really not engaging in same-sex sin?

I'm about to start using the terms for such behavior I learned in the Corps, so I better stop before I spell it out.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
2/11/24 3:45 pm

Post Re: Confessional Nature Boy Florida
FG Minister wrote:

I hope you were kidding - but you went into a store flying Bud Light flags?

I can only assume you were wearing a dress - so no one probably recognized you. And no true Christian would have went in there anyway to see you imbibing drunkenly inside.
2/12/24 7:24 am

Post I'm Just Asking a Hypothetical FG Minister
SUPPOSEDLY AND ALLEGEDLY: A professor at Lee went into an establishment (Episcopal Church) on two occasions. He took communion each time. Allegedly, this makes him supportive of the LGBTQ lifestyle.

I proposed that I went into an establishment (a store), twice, and tried a thimble-full taste of beer each time. Does this now make me a supporter of alcoholism and the consumption of adult beverages?

Just proposing a hypothetical. (Hypothetical means it didn't really happen). It's just a rhetorical tool to illuminate discussion. In this case, the discussion should be about "guilt by association."
Acts-celerater
2/12/24 8:15 am

Post Do Lee U professors not know...? Mat
FG Minister,

Do Lee U professors not know what is "confessed" by being in communion with the Episcopal Church? It seems when you're in communion with an apostate church, you are embracing, or at least approving of, their heresy.

Is this professor an ordained minister in the COG? If so, it does not seem he rules his home well, as (if I remember right) his wife is a minister in the Episcopal Church and a vocal advocate of the LBGT... agenda, as well as the woke agenda.

The Bible said it first, a house divided can not stand.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
2/12/24 8:30 am

Post Re: I'm Just Asking a Hypothetical Nature Boy Florida
FG Minister wrote:
SUPPOSEDLY AND ALLEGEDLY: A professor at Lee went into an establishment (Episcopal Church) on two occasions. He took communion each time. Allegedly, this makes him supportive of the LGBTQ lifestyle.

I proposed that I went into an establishment (a store), twice, and tried a thimble-full taste of beer each time. Does this now make me a supporter of alcoholism and the consumption of adult beverages?

Just proposing a hypothetical. (Hypothetical means it didn't really happen). It's just a rhetorical tool to illuminate discussion. In this case, the discussion should be about "guilt by association."

Flying Bud Light flags. Peyton Manning simply should not be a Lee Professor.
2/12/24 8:58 am

Post NBF? Mat
Nature Boy Florida wrote:

Flying Bud Light flags. Peyton Manning simply should not be a Lee Professor.

I heard Lee U prefers their Presidents and Professors from Harvard and other Ivy League Godless universities.

Thinking about that makes me want to have a good stiff drink! Shocked Sad Rolling Eyes

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
2/12/24 11:17 am

Post I Thought... FG Minister
I thought I was in communion with Jesus (remember - the LORD'S Supper). I didn't know that participating in the Lord's Supper made me in agreement with everything that local church teaches. I've taken communion in the Holy Land with Methodists before, and I don't agree with them on a lot of things.

Dumb Question - where in the Bible is this idea that by taking communion, I am now in agreement with everything that local church stands for. I can't seem to find it. I still thought this was symbolic of my communion with the Lord - not the local church.
Acts-celerater
2/12/24 3:58 pm

Post Re: I Thought... Mat
FG Minister wrote:
I thought I was in communion with Jesus (remember - the LORD'S Supper). I didn't know that participating in the Lord's Supper made me in agreement with everything that local church teaches. I've taken communion in the Holy Land with Methodists before, and I don't agree with them on a lot of things.

Dumb Question - where in the Bible is this idea that by taking communion, I am now in agreement with everything that local church stands for. I can't seem to find it. I still thought this was symbolic of my communion with the Lord - not the local church.

Yes, communion is for those who believer in Jesus Christ. The Apostle Paul warned the Corinthian Church that communion was not to be taken lightly and should never be celebrated by those who do not believe, or who harbor unrepented sins.

The question around the Episcopal Church is, what is their belief about Jesus and the nature of the communion they offer. I have minister friends who left the Episcopal Church and are now part of an Anglican communion who believe they were leaving a church in heresy. They paid a high price for their stand, as the Episcopal Church is know for a "scorched earth" policy of legal action to retain their properties and punish their detractors.

The Episcopal Church is akin to the Jehovah Witnesses to my friends - both are in scriptural error.

But you do what you think is best for your relationship with Jesus.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
2/12/24 4:54 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic